Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread.
Apr 27, 2016 at 2:29 PM Post #9,811 of 13,846
  Well it's nearly 10 weeks since I ordered my Elise. The forecast was 6-7 weeks... I emailed Lukasz who was very apologetic and told me that they're having trouble sourcing some components. To be honest, having seen some other mentions of their delays on the thread, I feel bad having hassled him. I'm sure it's worth waiting for. And supplier problems can be an absolute nightmare for a small company. 

But in the meantime, the Elise is the sole missing link in my new signal chain ... so I'm getting very itchy. Had to ditch the little dot mkiii as a preamp because the levels of hum I was experiencing with the tubes I liked were too high when going into my Quad 909. Back to my old Marantz pm7001ki, which is ... just.... ok. 

Fingers crossed. 

A belated Hi! to you too, richdytch...yet another convert from the LittleDot fraternity!... (I myself defected from the LDMKIV SE - a very good-value amp, but no comparison to Elise, lol!).

Am glad you understand the 'nightmares' faced by companies such as Feliks-Audio - I personally wouldn't want to go anywhere near such a business venture, but thank the Gods there are those who do LOL!!
biggrin.gif
...And I'm sure they've taken on board our various concerns, despite the huge pressure they must still be under....especially from the recent surge in orders! Your wait will be worth it, to be sure....

Look forward to your eventual findings re. the Quad!!....
beerchug.gif

Apr 27, 2016 at 2:48 PM Post #9,813 of 13,846
G'day all and once again welcome to the new arrivals. 

Finally we have a Expressivo member in our midst. Congrats @HOWIE13  that's a nice looking tube amp with some very favorable reviews.

Brave man @Wreckgar7 in modding the HD650 !!! At least I wasn't hallucinating when I thought it sounded very good. 
etysmile.gif

Wait till you dynamat it. Bass will tighten up and have more impact. I've been using the modded HD650 more than the T1 in the last 5 days. What's happening here.... maybe it's the HD850 after all ... if only it has the soundstage of the T1.
biggrin.gif

Apr 27, 2016 at 3:04 PM Post #9,814 of 13,846
  G'day all and once again welcome to the new arrivals. 

Finally we have a Expressivo member in our midst. Congrats @HOWIE13  that's a nice looking tube amp with some very favorable reviews.

Brave man @Wreckgar7 in modding the HD650 !!! At least I wasn't hallucinating when I thought it sounded very good. 
etysmile.gif

Wait till you dynamat it. Bass will tighten up and have more impact. I've been using the modded HD650 more than the T1 in the last 5 days. What's happening here.... maybe it's the HD850 after all ... if only it has the soundstage of the T1.
biggrin.gif

Thanks, UntilThen.

Expressivo is definitely a good looker and sounds very good too-but it's only been out of the box for a day. Wooden side panels are a nice touch.

I wonder if anyone has compared Expressivo to Elise. They probably have different sound signatures given the different tube types used.

In time I'll compare Expressivo to some other amps I use.

Apr 27, 2016 at 3:09 PM Post #9,815 of 13,846
Väntar alltid för länge ska det väl vara :wink: (swedish saying ...always waits too long)

When you get your amp there will be at least two Elises in Sweden :thumbsup:

No experienced Elise owners who uses the standard 6SN7 tubes? Thinking of tryimg the EL3N as drivers after I listened to stock. And ECC31 mullards, do they fare well as drivers ? (might have been mentioned before).

Have a great night/day now everyone!

I do use my Sylvania 6SN7GTB chrome top, RCA 6SN7GT VT231 smoke glass and Raytheon 7N7 with Tung Sol 5998 occasionally.  It's a more focussed tone and very enjoyable indeed. Not as spatial as EL3N. I prefer Visseaux, Fivre and Mazda 6N7G, FDD20, C3G tones over 6SN7. Now I'm just happy with EL3N as drivers although occasionally I do roll in the other drivers.

ECC31 were once favored amongst Elise owners and I remember it's hard to find one on eBay due to the demand. I hardly use it now as I prefer EL3N tone a lot more.

Apr 27, 2016 at 3:37 PM Post #9,816 of 13,846
  Expressivo is definitely a good looker and sounds very good too-but it's only been out of the box for a day. Wooden side panels are a nice touch.

I wonder if anyone has compared Expressivo to Elise. They probably have different sound signatures given the different tube types used.

You only had it for one day? 
bigsmile_face.gif

Do share your thoughts after you have burn it in more. There has been no comparison between Expressivo and Elise here.

Apr 27, 2016 at 4:17 PM Post #9,817 of 13,846
Holy mackerel I put on T1 after 2 days with HD850 and the T1 is the real fireworks. So spacious the soundstage and the imaging so precise. The bass is just right. The musical notes are dancing in my ears. It's not just the clarity and details, it's musical.

So yeah T1 is still way ahead of HD850 for me and there's nothing for me to mod apart from the silver cable that came with it. It just sound so good with Elise and I have on now EL3N with Tung Sol 7236. 

Apr 27, 2016 at 6:01 PM Post #9,819 of 13,846
If I don't hear anything positive from them in a week I may cancel order and go with my first pick.....http://www.mcintoshlabs.com/us/Products/pages/ProductDetails.aspx?CatId=NewProducts&ProductId=MHA100

Hi,

so I wanted to give everyone a bit of an update. Invoice 46 shipped Monday the 25th, unfortunately I was and will be traveling a bit in the coming days and not sure when I will be able to pick it up from my offices.

By the way if you are prone to spending money nothing better than delays that will prevent you from spending more:wink: I like the McIntosh amps, but that is seriously a different price category.

Cheers
wb

Apr 27, 2016 at 6:05 PM Post #9,820 of 13,846
If I don't hear anything positive from them in a week I may cancel order and go with my first pick.....http://www.mcintoshlabs.com/us/Products/pages/ProductDetails.aspx?CatId=NewProducts&ProductId=MHA100

Hi,

so I wanted to give everyone a bit of an update. Invoice 46 shipped Monday the 25th, unfortunately I was and will be traveling a bit in the coming days and not sure when I will be able to pick it up from my offices.

By the way if you are prone to spending money nothing better than delays that will prevent you from spending more:wink: I like the McIntosh amps, but that is seriously a different price category.

Cheers
wb

That's awesome to hear! Look forward to reading your impressions!!

Btw when did you order it?

Apr 27, 2016 at 6:24 PM Post #9,821 of 13,846
connie there's a matching Mc turntable to go with it. 
biggrin.gif

McIntosh amps are great, especially for Rock, but the turntable IMO is only worth it if you are a Mcintosh fanboy. Esthetics, I like the amps, but the turntable will require a lot of aquiring to become a taste. Its quite good, but not for the price. Its roughly at the level of a VPI prime.
The MHA is almost 6000 Euros!!! That is about 10 times as much as the Elise!

The VPI Prime is 4500 the MT10 is 9000. Again not bad, but you are exceeding SME20 prices and nowhere as good or anywhere close on the construction quality.

Have not heard the MHA so cannot comment on it. Just that the price is vastly different to an Elise. If you have a McIntosh system and have to have that sound maybe something to do, but else it would seem hard to justify. Again I have not heard it and nothing McIntosh will be bad. Actually it will always be excellent, well don't know they are producing wireless speakers as well now....

Maybe if you wanted to use it as an all in one system with small speaker amp and DAC it could work, but still quite pricey, you could get 3 Audio GD Master 11 for that suposedly outperform it on the headphone/DAC side.

Cheers
WB

Apr 27, 2016 at 6:35 PM Post #9,822 of 13,846
Yeah, might be good to just add a few weeks on - I doubt that being told something like 2-3 months would have stopped me placing an order :)

As someone who worked in Marketing, yeah it would of changed quite a bit in the chance of you buying it. Especially when using months because that involves "months" as a concept further it aproaches the idea of a "season". Psychologically its better 52 weeks than a year. Also because weeks can be plus minus a week, but a year plus minus, ouch.

As with all bespoke or hand made inventory you need to tolerate expected time plus 50%. So when you get 2-3 months as what you are told would mean expecting 4 months, too long who knows what happens until then:wink: Nice to buy something hand made, especially at that price, and once the wait is over it actually psychologically adds to the value. A not perfect chasis or some QC issues will always be a disaster.

At least they have some great polish work ethic. If you do bespoke in Italy expect 2 weeks for Easter Christmas and at least 1 month for August. But it seems as if production is right back on track looking at when the last two Elises were produced. Mine just shipped.

Cheers
WB

Apr 27, 2016 at 6:44 PM Post #9,823 of 13,846
Has your Elise shipped yet, or is going to ship in the next few days?

Sorry been at conferences and tradeshows. 8am to 11pm workdays. My Elise shipped out Monday 25.4. but will not get a chance to pick it up until I am back next week, I did not want people thinking there were further delays now production seems to be back to normal.
The new Williams amp could be quite interesting as well.

Cheers
WB

Apr 27, 2016 at 6:56 PM Post #9,825 of 13,846
Budget?  That was blown so long ago I don't even think about it!  Waiting for the knock on the door, from the money police, I will just stick out my hands, be cuffed and go quietly!  Pricey to be sure, but Mc's have always had a large spot in my heart.  Must be the big blue gauges!

Well the least expensive thing is getting their new speakers with the built in guage and disconnect the wire to the tweeter and mids:wink:

Like the Mcintosh stuff but this going with all the other stuff and now kind of low end stuff reminds me of Ferrari and all the fanboys buying the keychains, towels, shirts, golf clubs, etc.

I cannot comment on the MHA100, but the speakers somehow do not inspire me at all. The turntable was for the price not especially great and a look only a Mcintosh fanboy could love:wink: No, they make great amps and I love the blue double winking guages, but I am afraid you will be buying ihe premium of having the name (and the guage). For myself a simple preamp only with the remote and the double wink would be nice to have for say 1000 dollars, but at 7K for their preamps, ouch. Still shows I would be spending the price of the Elise, tubes, cables and isolation for something I really don't need and that the mcintosh advertising works. Best to get a computer displaying the guages, there is probably an app and keep the money police away for a little longer:wink:

Cheers
WB

Users who are viewing this thread

Back