Feb. 2006 Cayman Meet - Are you Mon Enough?
Nov 28, 2005 at 3:01 PM Post #16 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieo
you out of your mind considering getting in an airplane with me!!!

My thoughts exactly!

Ok, so I'll be flying up to meet you in Maryland so I can tell a story for the rest of my life about flying to Cayman with a lunatic in a Cessna. Then when we get back to your place, I'll just hang out on your couch for another 9 days. Then on to Aaron's couch for a while...

Nov 28, 2005 at 5:12 PM Post #18 of 42
Wmcmanus

A very generous offer!

I would have taken you up on it but as it is I am travelling out of the country during February!

Maybe next time!

Nov 28, 2005 at 8:42 PM Post #19 of 42
Wow, this sounds like it would be an _awesome_ vacation, always wanted to see the Caymans. Not sure if I could swing it (esp. the cost from San Diego) but it will be given serious consideration.

Nov 28, 2005 at 9:24 PM Post #20 of 42
Soooo tempting. Wayne's been talking about this forever and I've always been fairly gung-ho about it but the cost, oh man. There's a nice piece of gear in that cost by the time it's all done.

Nov 28, 2005 at 9:45 PM Post #21 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by NightWoundsTime
Soooo tempting. Wayne's been talking about this forever and I've always been fairly gung-ho about it but the cost, oh man. There's a nice piece of gear in that cost by the time it's all done.

Ya, but your parents seemed really nice. I'll bet they might even be willing to take you along on their trip to Cayman!
cool.gif
(All smileys in this thread need sunglasses.)

Nov 28, 2005 at 10:34 PM Post #22 of 42
Quote:

rent out the back seat of your car on the ybor strip!

Nov 29, 2005 at 12:01 AM Post #24 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by jp11801
Stevieo swing by FL and pick me up in the Cessna!! Wayne this will be awesome.

i always thought you were out of your mind. now i know it. the fact that you would remotely even consider getting in a plane with me makes me even more scared of you.

Nov 29, 2005 at 12:27 AM Post #25 of 42
Quote:

i always thought you were out of your mind. now i know it. the fact that you would remotely even consider getting in a plane with me makes me even more scared of you.

Don't forget to swing by virginia to pick me up.
tongue.gif

Nov 29, 2005 at 12:41 AM Post #26 of 42
Quote:

rent out the back seat of your car on the ybor strip!

Heh. Still though, after I get out of jail for that I still want to spend the money on a nice piece of gear.

EDIT: Hey at least you didn't refer to this as the "extreme south FL meet" since you're an honorary member and all that. If it were an actual FL meet I would in no way risk losing my near legendary attendance record.

Nov 29, 2005 at 12:59 AM Post #27 of 42
I mentioned the meet to Gail and she said she wants to go. However, despite that admission I still have some work to do to convince her I we go to California for a week in December, NYC in March an April and 2 weeks in New Zealand in the summer. This will take a bit of work on my part. Anyone want to buy all my gear?

Nov 29, 2005 at 1:09 AM Post #28 of 42
Quote:

Hey at least you didn't refer to this as the "extreme south FL meet" since you're an honorary member and all that.

My dear son, please don't labor under the misconception that we want to be anything like, let alone an extension of, South Florida. We are a Caribbean nation with a strong Jamaican influence, but also a fairly strong indigent representation of decendents from Honduras, Cuba, Belize, Trindad, Barbados, and all of the West Indies (i.e., families that migrated to here over the generations).

We are an overseas British dependent territory and thus have a Governor who is appointed by the Queen, and continue to honor and respect their traditions. We import human resources for the financial and tourism sectors from all over the world and thus boast a resident population representing some 130 countries!

So what is our US connection? Well, Florida is the closest and cheapest place to import goods from, especially when considering the efficiency of shipping operations. So 85% of our imported goods come from the US, and South Florida is the bulk of that. But people here really don't want their Cayman culture to become any more Americanized than it already is. They do have valid points, although sometimes I feel like I've listened to it one too many times. We're quite a mixed bag, really, but an extension of Florida we're not!

Nov 29, 2005 at 1:12 AM Post #29 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion
I still have some work to do to convince her...

I can see you custom title now: The man who blew off his wife for their 20th Anniversary to attend a Head-Fi meet.
biggrin.gif

Nov 29, 2005 at 1:22 AM Post #30 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus
I can see you custom title now: The man who blew off his wife for their 20th Anniversary to attend a Head-Fi meet.
biggrin.gif

To steal a custom title from Tuberoller, "divorced a Cayman meet to keep his wife"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back