Etymotic ER-4ps still respected?
Nov 23, 2008 at 7:38 AM Post #48 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by moodyrn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does the er4p benefit from and amp as much as the er4s or is it just as good straight out of a dap?

The P doesn't need an amp and won't improve much. I almost never use an amp with my ER4P. I do use an S cable and amp at times.

Nov 23, 2008 at 8:19 AM Post #49 of 57
i am amazed that people enjoy the highs and mids shoved down their ears with no soundstage and minimal bass.

ugh.

Nov 23, 2008 at 9:05 AM Post #51 of 57
i am amazed that people can't understand the concept that different people have different tastes. And if you can't learn to respect another person's taste, you should get out of head-fi.

Nov 23, 2008 at 10:20 AM Post #54 of 57
I'm amazed by these Er-4Ps

Nov 23, 2008 at 3:06 PM Post #56 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatDane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The P doesn't need an amp and won't improve much. I almost never use an amp with my ER4P. I do use an S cable and amp at times.

Actually, I found that amping my er-4p really made the bass reponse go from unsatisfactory to totally head-bobbing on certain songs. That was probably more from me moving from the Cowon D2's headphone out than anything though. :p

Nov 23, 2008 at 3:39 PM Post #57 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by erasmus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually, I found that amping my er-4p really made the bass reponse go from unsatisfactory to totally head-bobbing on certain songs. That was probably more from me moving from the Cowon D2's headphone out than anything though. :p

You have a point. If you were to use an amp that tends to add bass then the difference can be real. As far as having enough power to drive them properly I think most DAPs can do that, at least all that I've used. Different sound sigs between DAPs is also a factor as you may have have discovered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back