ENIGMAcoustics Dharma
Jan 17, 2016 at 5:33 PM Post #1,081 of 1,237
  Nice, I've saw another fella saying the same thing. Any impression on what are the improvements? 

The sound is much cleaner. Not a trace of grain in the sound. The music just flowing and not paying attention to any signature Improvement in the treble with clear an articulate instrumentation  and vocals.

Jan 19, 2016 at 12:12 PM Post #1,082 of 1,237
These headphones really do dramatically respond to different headphone cables. Just changing the cables to the stock Sennheiser 800 cables will improve the sense of soundstage depth.

I am now letting the Dharma headphones play music for about 30 minutes before doing critical listening. Perhaps the electrostatic driver to be at it's best needs a period of electricity flowing thru it.

Adding a Synergistic Research ECT (Electronic Circuit Transducer) to the headphone cable's left and right input jacks makes a marked improvement in the sound. As these pencil eraser sized devices are attached via Blue Tack, they can be put in and out of the system quickly. 

They have even elevated the performance of my Double Helix Silver Complement cables! 

David Pritchard

Jan 19, 2016 at 1:53 PM Post #1,083 of 1,237
Looks like Grizzlybeast and MattTCG are getting the TTVJ audition pair shortly..............guess neither of you need my pair to test!  Can't wait to hear the impressions. 

Jan 19, 2016 at 9:30 PM Post #1,084 of 1,237
  Update on the pad rolling work -

1. The HM-5 pads are a great alternative to stock.  Definitely more comfortable as they are more cushioned and a bit deeper.  Bass is more pronounced with them, tho not as mind blowing as the Audeze lambskin pads. 
2. The Audeze pads are my clear front runner for the comfort and, again, the bass.  Being a basshead, these somehow bring the Dharma to basshead levels while retaining all the other positives the headphone has.  Soundstage is unaffected (which is a strength of the headphone) and those crisp, clear highs are there just as I felt with the stock pads. 

Not sure which I'll keep on permanently yet though.  Both the above pads are an improvement over the stock pads, and while I never felt the stock pads were uncomfortable, these just kick that up a notch or two.  Need more time to play with both setups. 

Do you find the bass with the Audeze pads brings the Dharma to TH900 levels or beyond?

Jan 19, 2016 at 9:50 PM Post #1,085 of 1,237
Do you find the bass with the Audeze pads brings the Dharma to TH900 levels or beyond?

I'd love to know that too! I just spent the last week comparing the loaner Dharma to my LCD-X and TH900, and the only thing I felt the Dharma wasn't competitive in is the bass quantity (quality is great though). Just to clarify, I think the Dharma has actually got a fair amount of bass, just not quite as much as the other two. So, I'd also love to know how much the Audeze pads increase the bass. 20% more, 30%, 40%, etc... ? That single improvement would, for me personally, make getting the Dharma a no brainier.

On another note, I'm working on writing up my impressions of the Dharma, so I should be able to share those soon. Long story short though, I think they're incredible and an exceptional value :)

Jan 19, 2016 at 11:04 PM Post #1,086 of 1,237
  Looks like Grizzlybeast and MattTCG are getting the TTVJ audition pair shortly..............guess neither of you need my pair to test!  Can't wait to hear the impressions. 

I wish I could hear that hd800 on vintage though. I was looking at the kennerton odin but for a little bit more I could have the Dharma and HD800S.

I have the opposite problem of a lot of people. I have to post as soon as I get them so you will be seeing a mini review of them up once I am done. Though I never get many likes at least you know it's my honest opinion of them. 

Jan 20, 2016 at 9:35 AM Post #1,087 of 1,237

I wish I could hear that hd800 on vintage though. I was looking at the kennerton odin but for a little bit more I could have the Dharma and HD800S.

I have the opposite problem of a lot of people. I have to post as soon as I get them so you will be seeing a mini review of them up once I am done. Though I never get many likes at least you know it's my honest opinion of them. 

If we pull off our mini meet, you WILL get to hear the HD800 on a vintage amp bro..............my plan is to bring (likely) my Kenwood KA-5700 integrated along with the Dharma, HD800 and LA7000. 

Jan 20, 2016 at 9:41 AM Post #1,088 of 1,237

No, the Audeze pads bring it up to what I'd say a level just below TH900.  Maybe 80% of the TH900............I have the LA7000 which to my ears and experience - had the TH900 at the same time for about 6 months - and did head to head over the weekend along with the Edition X and HD800.  The Dharma has excellent bass but maybe because it's not V shaped it doesn't match a Fostex/Denon sound signature. 

Jan 22, 2016 at 8:30 AM Post #1,089 of 1,237
Open the Box my Package Enigmaccoustic Dharma.

Thank you Jaben Alvon Yulius Harianto and Nico Demus Harold for bring the Package.

Source :
Ak 240 SS

Amp :
Mass Kobo 394 Desktop
Mass Kobo 404

Headphone :
Enigmaccoustic Dharma

Cable :
Oyaide RCA to mini

Out the Box Sound Quality :
High :
Open and detail and excellent clariy

Mid :
Very good Pronounce and very clear mid

Bass :
Very good in detail and clarity.
Bass Quality is veru fast too

Separation :
Very good separation

Soundstage :
Very wide and very good in depth

After Burn in i will update my impression

Jan 22, 2016 at 11:16 AM Post #1,090 of 1,237
I have a feeling two headphones are going to be leaving to make room for this one.

ughghhhh...

after hearing the edition x though I am not placing too much stock into tyll's comment below. 

"If you're looking for your one and only end-game headphone I wouldn't recommend the Dharma—a better choice might be the Mr. Speakers Ether, HiFiMAN Edition X (review coming soon), or Sennheiser HD 800
Read more at http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/surprisingly-successful-dual-driver-headphone-enigmacoustics-dharma-d1000-page-2#3IAkjfyrKhz82i6t.99" _Tyll

Jan 22, 2016 at 2:15 PM Post #1,091 of 1,237
  I have a feeling two headphones are going to be leaving to make room for this one.

ughghhhh...

after hearing the edition x though I am not placing too much stock into tyll's comment below. 

"If you're looking for your one and only end-game headphone I wouldn't recommend the Dharma—a better choice might be the Mr. Speakers Ether, HiFiMAN Edition X (review coming soon), or Sennheiser HD 800
Read more at http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/surprisingly-successful-dual-driver-headphone-enigmacoustics-dharma-d1000-page-2#3IAkjfyrKhz82i6t.99" _Tyll

I'm waiting for your impressions on the audition set that is on the way to you.................especially vs the X.  I usually like Tyll's comments and reviews but have to disagree on his preference of the X over the Dharma.  Which as we all know is just that - personal preference. 

Jan 22, 2016 at 11:25 PM Post #1,092 of 1,237
The Dharma's biggest strength is the highs and we all know Tyll prefers a warm headphone.  I don't think it's much of a surprise that he doesn't consider it a one-and-only endgame can.  You just have to be able to translate his preferences into your own.

Jan 23, 2016 at 12:07 AM Post #1,093 of 1,237
  The Dharma's biggest strength is the highs and we all know Tyll prefers a warm headphone.  I don't think it's much of a surprise that he doesn't consider it a one-and-only endgame can.  You just have to be able to translate his preferences into your own.

true but yet he put the ether which is a brighter headphone on the WOF. 

Jan 23, 2016 at 2:24 AM Post #1,094 of 1,237

true but yet he put the ether which is a brighter headphone on the WOF. 

You mean brighter than neutral or brighter than the Dharma?  Honestly, I don't find it to be either...

Jan 23, 2016 at 4:24 AM Post #1,095 of 1,237

You mean brighter than neutral or brighter than the Dharma?  Honestly, I don't find it to be either...

"The thing that struck my ears when I first listened to the Dharma D1000 is its fairly good tonal balance. I would say it gets closest to neutral of all the cans heard at BigSound 2015. Relatively, the Ether and HD 800 are a bit brighter; the HE1000 is a bit laid back in the upper-mid-range; the LCD3 is a bit muffled in the lower treble; the Abyss mid-range is too withdrawn; and the PMx2 is a bit too polite lacking extension on either end, though it's very nicely balanced otherwise. For a dual driver headphone—heck, for any headphone—I find this a pretty stunning achievement."
Read more at http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/surprisingly-successful-dual-driver-headphone-enigmacoustics-dharma-d1000-page-2#uUjRj6ga6Gv1yWG4.99

Users who are viewing this thread

Back