ENIGMAcoustics Dharma
Jan 2, 2016 at 9:51 PM Post #1,066 of 1,237
These are really great experiments you are doing with the Enigmacoustic Dharmas and trying different ear pads. I especially look forward to your listening experiences with the second pair of pads.

I am driving my Dharmas with the OTL Eddie Current Zana Deux. I like this pairing very much. These headphones are comfortable, well made, and easy to drive. These are the three qualities I think a headphone needs to have before I want to spend the time and money with a proper audition. 

I think it is priced very favorably with the other top tier headphones.

Jan 3, 2016 at 11:37 PM Post #1,067 of 1,237
Does anybody know if the larger HD800 connectors that DHC sells will fit in the Dharma?

Jan 7, 2016 at 9:10 PM Post #1,069 of 1,237
I am interested in how the mods turn out too. Out of the enigma amp with the stock pads, i would have gone with a stax any day. The staxes had a significantly better bass response and treble response.

Jan 8, 2016 at 10:43 AM Post #1,070 of 1,237
Update on the pad rolling work -

1. The HM-5 pads are a great alternative to stock.  Definitely more comfortable as they are more cushioned and a bit deeper.  Bass is more pronounced with them, tho not as mind blowing as the Audeze lambskin pads. 
2. The Audeze pads are my clear front runner for the comfort and, again, the bass.  Being a basshead, these somehow bring the Dharma to basshead levels while retaining all the other positives the headphone has.  Soundstage is unaffected (which is a strength of the headphone) and those crisp, clear highs are there just as I felt with the stock pads. 

Not sure which I'll keep on permanently yet though.  Both the above pads are an improvement over the stock pads, and while I never felt the stock pads were uncomfortable, these just kick that up a notch or two.  Need more time to play with both setups. 

Jan 10, 2016 at 1:32 AM Post #1,071 of 1,237
  They will not. Peter Bradstock of Double Helix will be back from his trip about January 14 for possible solutions.

David Pritchard

Heard back from Peter.  If anyone is interested, here's his response on whether his "jumbo" HD800 connectors will work with the Dharma:

The only consideration for Dharma is that you want to superglue the nut so it doesn’t unscrew, securely fill the connector with hot glue as best you can, and not bring any heatshrink on the plug up past the nut.  Then it will work fine.  

Jan 10, 2016 at 1:33 PM Post #1,073 of 1,237
I am seriously considering buying a pair, but kind of worries about the lifespan of the driver since it uses electret component. AKG K340 has simmillar design and they don't last very long...

Jan 11, 2016 at 1:01 AM Post #1,074 of 1,237
I am seriously considering buying a pair, but kind of worries about the lifespan of the driver since it uses electret component. AKG K340 has simmillar design and they don't last very long...

Says who? My K340's are still doing fine

Jan 15, 2016 at 4:43 PM Post #1,077 of 1,237
  I am using the Nordost Heimdall with the Dharma and getting excellent results. The sound is excellent.

Nice, I've saw another fella saying the same thing. Any impression on what are the improvements? 

Jan 15, 2016 at 5:07 PM Post #1,078 of 1,237
  Says who? My K340's are still doing fine

Have you compared them with other K340s? Someone told me that he never heard two pair of K340s that sounds quite alike...

Jan 16, 2016 at 1:45 AM Post #1,079 of 1,237
  I am really wondering how the new TECHNICS T700 will sound compared to theses? Both same price range, but the TECH T700 are closed back and has a super tweeter.

Wow, those look really cool. I smiled when I saw that they damped the inside of the chamber, and have cups that are aluminum (not super resonant).

Jan 16, 2016 at 5:30 AM Post #1,080 of 1,237
  Have you compared them with other K340s? Someone told me that he never heard two pair of K340s that sounds quite alike...

Not yet but I've also heard that there are three confirmed versions made in the run of K340's which might explain what they were saying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back