Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Dec 11, 2015 at 8:14 PM Post #661 of 40,684

Awesome and thanks so much Malevolent! I'll keep a close eye out for your impressions!

BTW the first batch of the Black Friday orders are going out today! Could one of these be yours?!
smile.gif

--------------------->I can see mine (way back outside the picture)

Dec 12, 2015 at 6:35 AM Post #662 of 40,684
Zeus touched down!!! It's gorgeous ppl!!! Sound is fantastic. Way better then the demo I heard due to the better fit!!! Will post more impressions soon!!

Dec 12, 2015 at 6:36 AM Post #663 of 40,684
And oh just for the record. I hear minimal hiss using my dx90. Almost perfectly black background! And I am very very sensitive to hiss. Sent back my mojo due to hissing!!

Dec 12, 2015 at 6:41 AM Post #664 of 40,684
And oh just for the record. I hear minimal hiss using my dx90. Almost perfectly black background! And I am very very sensitive to hiss. Sent back my mojo due to hissing!!

I think it's been established now that if you're hearing hiss from Mojo then it's likely been a faulty unit. I haven't noticed any hiss from mine and I'm hoping that remains the case when my Athena arrives.

Dec 12, 2015 at 7:00 AM Post #665 of 40,684
Zeus touched down!!! It's gorgeous ppl!!! Sound is fantastic. Way better then the demo I heard due to the better fit!!! Will post more impressions soon!!

Nice dilemma to have both the Legend and Zeus as well

Dec 12, 2015 at 8:27 AM Post #666 of 40,684

Awesome and thanks so much Malevolent! I'll keep a close eye out for your impressions!

Thanks, Jack! 

Zipping ever so slowly at FedEx speed from Atlanta, Georgia to Singapore.
Thanks so much for my Green Envy Zeus, Jack.

Nicely done, George! You sure kept a straight face when we were at MS the other day! 
biggrin.gif

Anyway, congrats, and enjoy!

Dec 12, 2015 at 9:14 AM Post #667 of 40,684
Hehe sneak peak ppl!

Dec 13, 2015 at 11:14 AM Post #670 of 40,684
Yes I will be comparing both A12 with Zeus. Need more time with the Zeus. But right now I would say both are very very different in the sound signature.

A12 mids are not as forward as Zeus. With Zeus having a lusher and thicker mids that's very creamy and smooth. A12 on the other hand has mids that's less coloured with less body in the tones.

A12 bass texture seems more natural and real as compared to Zeus. But Zeus bass quantity is definitely much more then A12.

Soundstage right now I will say A12 have the upper hand with the adel technology. Very natural and spacious. However, Zeus is no slouch too due to its Super detailed layering and imaging. Zeus soundstage is simply splendid with regards to depths and layers however as for width, A12 will be much more spacious.

Detail and layering wise very very similar between the two. Need more time on them.

I will be posting more pictures of my Zeus with different angles for those asking too:).

Right now I am really happy with what I am hearing from Zeus :D

Ps: Just to add, female vocals on Zeus is a must try. The vocals actually send shivers down my spine as it sounds really seductive and emotional. It's like the singer is whispering right into your ears that sort of feeling. Really amazing.

Dec 13, 2015 at 2:40 PM Post #671 of 40,684
Zeus is a very, very impressive iem. Yesterday I had the uncontrollable urge to only listen to Zeus all day 
smily_headphones1.gif

Interesting comparisons, they align a bit with what I was expecting. How would you compare their treble, especially in smoothness and sparkle?

Also, I read a review of the A12 recently and it seemed like the ADEL technology provided some serious issues with listening on the go; because of the port it is very open and the guy said it was not possible to listen to them outside. Curious about your thoughts on that.

Dec 13, 2015 at 3:06 PM Post #672 of 40,684
Zeus is a very, very impressive iem. Yesterday I had the uncontrollable urge to only listen to Zeus all day :)

Interesting comparisons, they align a bit with what I was expecting. How would you compare their treble, especially in smoothness and sparkle?

Also, I read a review of the A12 recently and it seemed like the ADEL technology provided some serious issues with listening on the go; because of the port it is very open and the guy said it was not possible to listen to them outside. Curious about your thoughts on that.

Once the adjustable adel modules r out isolation wont be an issue

Dec 13, 2015 at 9:25 PM Post #673 of 40,684
Zeus is a very, very impressive iem. Yesterday I had the uncontrollable urge to only listen to Zeus all day :)

I have never felt that adel reduces isolation at any one point. In fact I enjoy using it on the trains and in the public as I was able to listen to very much lower volumes while on the train. For example I use the same volume on the train as I am listening at a quiet place. Pretty interesting actually.

Now back to Zeus. I am seriously amazed by how Jack and co was able to achieve this level of coherency with the Zeus. Was listening to a duet song starring both male and female. Both gender sounded really emotional and equally seductive, transition between the two provides a very impressive coherent sound with no weird peak or dip. Low mids to high mids were smooth and creamy. Wow.

For treble, needs some more time to compare haha. But I will say A12 treble is more airy as compared to the Zeus but Zeus has this sparkle that makes high hats sound very realistic. More on it later :)

Dec 14, 2015 at 2:04 AM Post #675 of 40,684
Yes I will be comparing both A12 with Zeus. Need more time with the Zeus. But right now I would say both are very very different in the sound signature.

A12 mids are not as forward as Zeus. With Zeus having a lusher and thicker mids that's very creamy and smooth. A12 on the other hand has mids that's less coloured with less body in the tones.

A12 bass texture seems more natural and real as compared to Zeus. But Zeus bass quantity is definitely much more then A12.

Soundstage right now I will say A12 have the upper hand with the adel technology. Very natural and spacious. However, Zeus is no slouch too due to its Super detailed layering and imaging. Zeus soundstage is simply splendid with regards to depths and layers however as for width, A12 will be much more spacious.

Detail and layering wise very very similar between the two. Need more time on them.

I will be posting more pictures of my Zeus with different angles for those asking too:).

Right now I am really happy with what I am hearing from Zeus
biggrin.gif

Ps: Just to add, female vocals on Zeus is a must try. The vocals actually send shivers down my spine as it sounds really seductive and emotional. It's like the singer is whispering right into your ears that sort of feeling. Really amazing.

Thank you for your comparisons! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back