Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Dec 11, 2015 at 7:33 AM Post #653 of 40,684
Fit and comfort is the best part of it. No issue at all.  My Legend and Legend Omega was awesome in this regard. Same good craftsmanship. 

That's good. I noticed Jack is very particular about the standard of ear impressions, which is good if you don't want to endure multiple refits. I'm hoping mine will be up to scratch when they arrive with him any day now.

Do you find Apollo to sound laid back? There isn't a great deal of information about them.

Dec 11, 2015 at 7:52 AM Post #654 of 40,684
That's good. I noticed Jack is very particular about the standard of ear impressions, which is good if you don't want to endure multiple refits. I'm hoping mine will be up to scratch when they arrive with him any day now.

Do you find Apollo to sound laid back? There isn't a great deal of information about them.

I wouldn't say exactly laid-back. Yes there is a little bit distant mids, but instruments's sizes (they have a good body) on the stage neutralize this distance. Lear LCM-BD4.2 is known with its laid-back presentation, while SE5 is known with intimate one.  When compared to them, Apollo is somewhere between them.

Dec 11, 2015 at 11:13 AM Post #655 of 40,684
Finally took my impressions yesterday, so I'm glad I'm moving one step closer to receiving the Zeus. 
smile.gif

I took the opportunity to audition the Zeus again, and there it was - that grand soundstage, world class imaging, lush and emotive mids, and powerful but tempered bass. Everything was as wonderful as it was the first time I tried them on. I was afraid it was an instance of first-try euphoria. Thankfully, this was not the case, and a further comparison between the A12 yielded the same positive differences that culminated in my purchase.

Now, I just can't wait to get them!

Dec 11, 2015 at 4:55 PM Post #657 of 40,684
  Finally took my impressions yesterday, so I'm glad I'm moving one step closer to receiving the Zeus. 
smile.gif

I took the opportunity to audition the Zeus again, and there it was - that grand soundstage, world class imaging, lush and emotive mids, and powerful but tempered bass. Everything was as wonderful as it was the first time I tried them on. I was afraid it was an instance of first-try euphoria. Thankfully, this was not the case, and a further comparison between the A12 yielded the same positive differences that culminated in my purchase.

Now, I just can't wait to get them!

Awesome and thanks so much Malevolent! I'll keep a close eye out for your impressions!

BTW the first batch of the Black Friday orders are going out today! Could one of these be yours?!
smile.gif

Dec 11, 2015 at 5:25 PM Post #659 of 40,684

Users who are viewing this thread

Back