Effect Audio X Elysian Acoustic Labs New Release | GAEA - Elegant Temptation ∙ Everlasting Bliss
Oct 20, 2022 at 12:31 PM Post #16 of 63
Hi everyone! Here's my review of the Gaea. To me, it's like a baby Annihilator 2021 that's been scaled back in terms of mid-treble smoothness. But it also carries over a lot of what makes the Annihilator 2021 great, and it has its own individual colorations - for example, a more focused bass response - that make it its own product. I must admit that I am very impressed with what EA and Elysian have pulled off at the $1300 price point.

gaea6.jpg

Oct 21, 2022 at 6:12 PM Post #17 of 63
Hi everyone! Here's my review of the Gaea. To me, it's like a baby Annihilator 2021 that's been scaled back in terms of mid-treble smoothness. But it also carries over a lot of what makes the Annihilator 2021 great, and it has its own individual colorations - for example, a more focused bass response - that make it its own product. I must admit that I am very impressed with what EA and Elysian have pulled off at the $1300 price point.

gaea6.jpg
A wonderful review as always!

Oct 22, 2022 at 11:11 AM Post #21 of 63
Mine arrived yesterday. Two quick observations. The cable is much lighter/ thinner than it looks and I am not sold on the non-standard IEM connector. It does not seem as durable as the MMCX connector.
I am curious as to your observations. I have thought about ordering this. However, like I mentioned in a different thread I would like to see how these do with metal music as opposed to pop and country which is the music that Precog tested in his review. Also, if anyone has a Hiby RS6 or the Sony 1AM2, how it sounds with these.

Oct 22, 2022 at 11:13 AM Post #22 of 63
Mine arrived yesterday. Two quick observations. The cable is much lighter/ thinner than it looks and I am not sold on the non-standard IEM connector. It does not seem as durable as the MMCX connector.
Oh and where did you get them from? Musicteck? I thought they were still a preorder there...

Oct 26, 2022 at 2:26 AM Post #28 of 63
I had a quick listen from my friend's pair, I think they are very different from the AXIOMs! I always felt that the AXIOMs were too Lows/Mids focused. Not that it's bad but I personally prefer the GAEA sound. It has this almost ethereal sound, I think which is from the very well tuned mid-highs. Its very odd that the manufacturers decided to sell it at such a low price lol. It would easily go head on with flagship level IEMs, I believe they would fly off the shelves even at $2000. I'll probably need a longer listen with them but first impressions are really good!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back