Echobox Finder X1 review/impressions/discussion thread
Feb 23, 2016 at 1:17 AM Post #331 of 992
I'm using stock reference filters / stock tips (large).

Like mentioned the seal is important or they'll sound thin and the bass won't be accurate. In combination with Cayin N6 I'd label Finder X1 a reference point (in its category). I'm still surprised at the alteration they've taken on with this source.

Feb 23, 2016 at 3:35 AM Post #332 of 992
Happened to won one of these at CanjamSG from the raffle held by the Echobox booth.Early impressions but these do sound amazing.Slightly bright as of now but the the amount of clarity and detail these churn out is kinda amazing.

Feb 23, 2016 at 3:56 AM Post #333 of 992
slight recessed mids
frown.gif

Feb 23, 2016 at 4:09 AM Post #334 of 992
Its quite funny.

Ever since I completed my review for Finder X1 I kept them safe in a draw using them for comparisons, however, ever since I plugged Finder X1 into Cayin N6 a few days ago I'm hearing them in a brand new light I've not experienced before and I cannot stop listening to them. For some reason this combination along with Finder X1's bright tonality throws out extra juicy detail retrieval especially with vocals, the marriage between Cayin N6's classy timbre and presentation contributes towards a really grand sounding combination. 

I can't seem to put them down and their brightish tonality which is right in my preference zone constantly wins listening time over some other gear here. I throw really complicated tracks at them usually a high-end IEM could only do in style, yet with the Cayin / Finder X1 they remain especially coherent, skilled at separation.

They've shot right up my list in the top 5 at any price. :D  I can't help but laugh whilst being extremely satisfied.

You go Gilly! Bring on the Echobox products!

Tang gets all the credit on that one man ^_^ We've got even better stuff planned for this year...I think you guys are gonna be really happy. We're trying to do something that I don't think *anyone* has done the right way yet...it's gonna be fun!

Feb 23, 2016 at 4:22 AM Post #335 of 992
Tang gets all the credit on that one man ^_^ We've got even better stuff planned for this year...I think you guys are gonna be really happy. We're trying to do something that I don't think *anyone* has done the right way yet...it's gonna be fun!

Here I am meant to be enjoying/demoing Campfire Jupiter on tour, but your product stole all the action! 
eek.gif

What have you done...

Feb 23, 2016 at 4:33 PM Post #337 of 992

You tease you
basshead.gif

Here I am meant to be enjoying/demoing Campfire Jupiter on tour, but your product stole all the action! 
eek.gif

What have you done...

I say it again

Tease @Gilly87

Feb 23, 2016 at 4:54 PM Post #338 of 992
Have you got another Echobox product out in the wild already, @Gilly87 ? That's just cruel... :wink:

Feb 24, 2016 at 5:26 AM Post #339 of 992
I've discovered a weakness unfortunately. Finder X1 cannot reproduce Carly Rae Jepsen - Emotions album to its fullest, it can sound a little bright or brittle even with the Cayin. So maybe a small price to pay in versatility for the exceptional performance in timbre with acoustic albums. Alicen Krauss for example is right at home, pop music perhaps not.

Feb 24, 2016 at 7:07 AM Post #340 of 992
I've discovered a weakness unfortunately. Finder X1 cannot reproduce Carly Rae Jepsen - Emotions album to its fullest, it can sound a little bright or brittle even with the Cayin. So maybe a small price to pay in versatility for the exceptional performance in timbre with acoustic albums. Alicen Krauss for example is right at home, pop music perhaps not.

just to clarify your saying that they dont do Carly Rae Jepsen is a negative???

beerchug.gif

Feb 24, 2016 at 7:18 AM Post #342 of 992
My ex-girlfriend was/is rather protective of other females, especially..... well, any females really. 

After we separated I made a vow to enjoy all the music she never liked or even allowed played in her presence.

I went from Britney Spears then onwards to Carly Rae. Its like a big 'fu' to my ex and yes, I enjoy doing it.

Finder can however pull many other genres off well if not pop. Rock music like Queen, Megadeth, blues albums like Cassandra Wilson or even classy French artists like Michel Jonasz X1 can do these amazingly well providing you keep volume levels sensible, they may edge out a little if you get trigger happy. Missing the pop genres is a small price to pay. On a side note, I'd like to hear Finder X1 from a decent desktop amp as I believe a nice strong source pulls them into line.

Feb 24, 2016 at 10:16 AM Post #343 of 992

I went from Britney Spears then onwards to Carly Rae. Its like a big 'fu' to my ex and yes, I enjoy doing it.

well if it works for you though i dont understand what being protective of women means she hated you listen to britney et al. 

Feb 24, 2016 at 10:25 AM Post #344 of 992
well if it works for you though i dont understand what being protective of women means she hated you listen to britney et al. 

Oh mate, she was 'cray cray', I can't really go into it here unfortunately. But when I listen to 'pop' music it's all in fun and humour deep down. it's so cheesy and I absolutely fall for it.

I just switched to Finder X1 actually, my late night setup because they sound extremely clear at lower volumes, light, airy, good vibe!

Feb 24, 2016 at 12:44 PM Post #345 of 992
Oh mate, she was 'cray cray', I can't really go into it here unfortunately. But when I listen to 'pop' music it's all in fun and humour deep down. it's so cheesy and I absolutely fall for it.

I just switched to Finder X1 actually, my late night setup because they sound extremely clear at lower volumes, light, airy, good vibe!

late night, hmm see id say bright and crisp is more a morning, wake you up, energise you sort of sound. evening id want very soft smooth, mellow.  not that i really listen in the evenings but you know.  usually by the time evening comes  my ears mostly want a break.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back