Echobox Finder X1 review/impressions/discussion thread
Feb 16, 2016 at 10:40 PM Post #317 of 992
  Anyone going to CJ Singapore? Sam and Tom will be there with the latest samples of the Explorer for anyone who wants a preview ^_^

Me! Me!

Feb 17, 2016 at 7:03 PM Post #320 of 992
  You have to obtain the code within 30 days, but the code itself is good5/15/16 once you have it :wink:

Had my code sitting in my inbox, phew managed to retrieve it in time . Now want to save this for the receipt of my Explorer especially as I'm currently enjoying a 3 month trial courtesy of the code that came with my separately purchased Finder X1.
beerchug.gif

Just to confirm expiry is 15th May 2016 @Gilly87 ? 

Feb 18, 2016 at 2:30 AM Post #321 of 992
  Had my code sitting in my inbox, phew managed to retrieve it in time . Now want to save this for the receipt of my Explorer especially as I'm currently enjoying a 3 month trial courtesy of the code that came with my separately purchased Finder X1.
beerchug.gif

Confirmed!

Feb 18, 2016 at 11:59 PM Post #322 of 992
I was sitting around this afternoon and thought why not try Finder X1 with Cayin N6.

Still really impressed with the sound of these on many tracks,

The clarity, detail and clean tonality are very welcome here from other earphones that choose warmth.

Feb 21, 2016 at 8:24 PM Post #324 of 992
beerchug.gif

Will overseas (I.E NOT AMERICAN) people get their Exploerers in time to use the Tidal code? Didn't you guys state that the Explorers won't be ready until April or May?

Feb 22, 2016 at 4:22 AM Post #325 of 992

Will overseas (I.E NOT AMERICAN) people get their Exploerers in time to use the Tidal code? Didn't you guys state that the Explorers won't be ready until April or May?

If the last date that the code can be used is 15th May 2016  I would tend to activate that code and open a Tidal account as close as possible to then
I am in the position of having 2 separate codes, 1 I got with my Finder X1 which I purchased separately from the Explorer. So I am able to use one code immediately and nearer the time of the release of the Explorer use the other.

Feb 22, 2016 at 6:27 AM Post #326 of 992
Its quite funny.

Ever since I completed my review for Finder X1 I kept them safe in a draw using them for comparisons, however, ever since I plugged Finder X1 into Cayin N6 a few days ago I'm hearing them in a brand new light I've not experienced before and I cannot stop listening to them. For some reason this combination along with Finder X1's bright tonality throws out extra juicy detail retrieval especially with vocals, the marriage between Cayin N6's classy timbre and presentation contributes towards a really grand sounding combination. 

I can't seem to put them down and their brightish tonality which is right in my preference zone constantly wins listening time over some other gear here. I throw really complicated tracks at them usually a high-end IEM could only do in style, yet with the Cayin / Finder X1 they remain especially coherent, skilled at separation.

They've shot right up my list in the top 5 at any price. 
biggrin.gif
 I can't help but laugh whilst being extremely satisfied.

You go Gilly! Bring on the Echobox products!

Feb 22, 2016 at 10:31 AM Post #328 of 992
I think what's happening is a combination of Finder X1's transparency and brighter tone allowing Cayin N6 to express its realistic timbre and ability to remain coherent. I admit, I wasn't completely bowled over by Cayin N6 with any hybrid IEM or balanced armature I'd tried, it just didn't seem to express high performance, although I had heard the timbre to some degree it didn't excel. There was once I thought it sounded quite good with a Grado 325e, now with the Finder X1 (dynamic driver based IEM) it's like a different player to some extent. It's the marriage between the two contributing as one.

I like how I can just let the volume idle in my ears and enjoy how coherent, transparent it is with the timbre. Piano for example sounds extremely good, guitar too.

Feb 22, 2016 at 1:21 PM Post #330 of 992
  Its quite funny.

Ever since I completed my review for Finder X1 I kept them safe in a draw using them for comparisons, however, ever since I plugged Finder X1 into Cayin N6 a few days ago I'm hearing them in a brand new light I've not experienced before and I cannot stop listening to them. For some reason this combination along with Finder X1's bright tonality throws out extra juicy detail retrieval especially with vocals, the marriage between Cayin N6's classy timbre and presentation contributes towards a really grand sounding combination. 

I can't seem to put them down and their brightish tonality which is right in my preference zone constantly wins listening time over some other gear here. I throw really complicated tracks at them usually a high-end IEM could only do in style, yet with the Cayin / Finder X1 they remain especially coherent, skilled at separation.

They've shot right up my list in the top 5 at any price. 
biggrin.gif
 I can't help but laugh whilst being extremely satisfied.

You go Gilly! Bring on the Echobox products!

These are such capable IEM's just love coming back to them and rekindling that "New Toy" feeling I first got when first listened too.

I lnow H20fidelity :smiling_imp:, they scale up with great gears . im using it from the new alien gold and it's a kind a magic ☺

They indeed are.

I have spent the entire time from first receiving the Finder X1 to now, trying to find the right tip combination.
Included Comply, Silicone, Flange Tips, Sony Hybrids, JVC Spiral Dots and SpinTips. But a suggestion from @Gilly87 in the very early days and purchased soon after I received my X1's were the Comply TS-400 and would you believe it it is to them that I return to.

Some say "It's all about the Bass" to me "It's all about the SEAL" once you have that , my oh my oh my.

These have from day 1 been a great set of IEM's to pair with my AK100/Mojo or my Onkyo DP-X1 and the IEM's I too use as reference earphones when comparing IEM's

Now just awaiting EchoBox Explorer to complete the package

Users who are viewing this thread

Back