EarSonics SM3 Appreciation, Discussion, & Review Thread - Technically Best Universal? (see first post for reviews and info)
Jul 29, 2010 at 2:54 AM Post #2,806 of 2,831

Quote:
Quote:

Deary deary me. I don't know you, you don't know me but I've been following this thread for quite some time now and the irony of that post is ridiculous.
Just be the better man and over-look the negative comments directed at you. Sure they shouldn't be to begin with but it doesn't give you the excuse to attack them back.
It also seems a shame you need a 17 year old to point this out to you.

My personal opinion on the state of this thread is a Mod should come here, delete all the useless comments and warn the ones having a personal flame war.
I'd hope we're mature enough to be able to continue this thread as it was intended to be, a disscusion/impressions/review thread. Not a war ground.

Admirable sentiment from one so young. I have also reported your post to the administrator.

Jul 29, 2010 at 2:54 AM Post #2,807 of 2,831
EDIT: Double post.
triportsad.gif

Jul 29, 2010 at 3:07 AM Post #2,809 of 2,831

Quote:
So, has anyone here heard the SM3? Is it any good?

No I haven't.  Why this thread continues despite this fact is beyond me.

Jul 29, 2010 at 3:13 AM Post #2,811 of 2,831
Quote:
<snip> So, has anyone here heard the SM3? Is it any good?

Yeah I haven't either. I'm currently seriously considering buying some though... currently with 15% off I could get them sent to Australia for $360 AUD which is quite a lot but arguably worth it.
That's why I keep lurking here. My problem is debating whether to save for some good speakers for home use (which I really need but will be a crappy adventure to get some here in Aus), to sell my HD 25 -1s and put that money towards some SM3s, buy the SM3s outright or mope around for some time and not get anything at all.

Jul 29, 2010 at 3:53 AM Post #2,812 of 2,831

Quote:
I still appreciate the sound quite a bit, even with the T1.  The SM3 is like the kid brother to the EM3 Pro, not quite as powerful or refined, but pretty much the same and the pedigree is easy to see.  As far as durability is concerned, my right shell came lose so instead of sending it back to France, I decided to take matters into my own hands.  I pulled the shell off completely and used plastic weld to secure the shell back on.  I think it is stronger than the original with that stuff.  I think the cable is excellent, so no worries there.  I am bummed my EM3 Pro cable is oxidizing.  I guess I will go green or buy a replacement.

I had the same thing happen to my ES3X 'clear' cable, except that it happened within 2 weeks after getting them! At first I was very disappointed, as you can imagine, specially after it happened so quickly. Well, after 14 months the cable is now completely blueish/ greenish, but guess what, the new colour happens to match the colour of the shells (called 'Ice Blue') and now it looks as if that was the intended cable colour in the first place. As for the sound, absolutely no changes there. Cable remains strong though not as flexible as when new but also remains a better quality cable than the old stock UM3X cable.

Quote:
slaters70 said:

Hey, I was one of the first people here who bought and liked the SM3s, and even had to defend them when some folks were sort of trashing them (before they bought them). That, I believe, is true irony.

Irony indeed.

Jul 29, 2010 at 4:28 AM Post #2,813 of 2,831
Day 2 with the Sensorcom dual flange tips and I'm confident enough to say these are the best tips I have tried so far. Cannot fault the fit (just have to trim the stalk a little), seal or sound quality whatsoever.  Perfect all round. Plus they look cool with their whiteness against the black housing of the SM3s.  None more Star Wars!

For those of you in UK, you can get them here http://www.sensorcom.com/product.asp?P_ID=1142&PT_ID=348

Jul 29, 2010 at 5:43 AM Post #2,814 of 2,831

Quote:
Yeah I haven't either. I'm currently seriously considering buying some though... currently with 15% off I could get them sent to Australia for $360 AUD which is quite a lot but arguably worth it.
That's why I keep lurking here. My problem is debating whether to save for some good speakers for home use (which I really need but will be a crappy adventure to get some here in Aus), to sell my HD 25 -1s and put that money towards some SM3s, buy the SM3s outright or mope around for some time and not get anything at all.

Who's offering 15% off?

Jul 29, 2010 at 5:46 AM Post #2,815 of 2,831

Quote:

I got it down to 299USD all up, just getting an invoice done up tonight for PayPal :)

Jul 29, 2010 at 5:57 AM Post #2,817 of 2,831
Thats less than £210 - a bargain considering they're £300 here.

Quote:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back