Earbuds Round-Up
Sep 10, 2018 at 9:45 AM Post #34,546 of 75,755
The right side has intermittent open circuit, the buds are OK :)

So is that a defect in the connector on the cable? Was it always like that?

Good that the buds are ok and you will probably enjoy a new (better?) cable.

Sep 10, 2018 at 11:23 AM Post #34,548 of 75,755
How is the Monk Lite 120ohm? Plus $14 from the normal Monk Lite I feel it's abit too much

I think they need an amp to come alive and shine. I love mine amped, and $14 is a silly low price for them imo.

Sep 10, 2018 at 12:31 PM Post #34,550 of 75,755
I think they need an amp to come alive and shine. I love mine amped, and $14 is a silly low price for them imo.
Amen ))) IMG_1515917805647.jpg

Sep 10, 2018 at 2:35 PM Post #34,551 of 75,755
These NICEHK MX760's are burning in nicely. While lacking a bit of the balance the Yincrow RW-777 have in the highs, they really do sound quite detailed with good separation and relatively large soundstage. These are definitely more V-shaped than the Yincrows as well, but not in a way the diminishes resolution. Might be a bit too bright for some people, not sibilant though, as they don't have a glaringly large 2-4k peak like the Datura-X has.

Sep 10, 2018 at 2:40 PM Post #34,552 of 75,755
These NICEHK MX760's are burning in nicely. While lacking a bit of the balance the Yincrow RW-777 have in the highs, they really do sound quite detailed with good separation and relatively large soundstage. These are definitely more V-shaped than the Yincrows as well, but not in a way the diminishes resolution. Might be a bit too bright for some people, not sibilant though, as they don't have a glaringly large 2-4k peak like the Datura-X has.

Yup, those sound like the $29 graphenes that I remember and loved (before they broke).

Sep 10, 2018 at 2:53 PM Post #34,553 of 75,755
Other ears other opnions :) , mine are not Vshaped, the medium is perfect and I like graphene in every aspect, to me sound simply great.

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2018 at 3:07 PM Post #34,554 of 75,755
Other ears other opnions :) , mine are not Vshaped, the medium is perfect and I like graphene in every aspect, to me sound simply great.

... and I even like the "new" graphene which is usually not considered to be as good as the more expensive "old" graphene.

Sep 10, 2018 at 3:15 PM Post #34,555 of 75,755

I agree with you about how enjoyable they are. But, I think the graphenes are probably "slightly V shaped" (like many buds are), and they definitely could be "more V shaped than other buds". I don't take that as a negative though - it's simply my preferred signature, and hence I like the $29 graphenes in every aspect as you do.

Sep 10, 2018 at 3:26 PM Post #34,556 of 75,755
Anyone
May I know the difference btw those OEM foams that are provided stock? Thanks
Hiegi foams are slightly thicker (spongy) and have a very consistent density/quality. It's not super dense but it is thick. The newer batch of hiegi donuts have this same foam, it used to be denser but now it's like the fulls and IMO is superior to the original in sound for most earbuds.

VE donuts have a similar density foam but are even thicker again, they provide the most cushioning of all.

I say they provide the best seal for pk shells but that doesn't necessarily mean the best SQ for all PK earbuds. Really depends on the sound signature you are looking to achieve.

Sep 10, 2018 at 3:28 PM Post #34,557 of 75,755
It's my choice too.
Since I heard them with VE thin foams, I didn't feel the need to switch to anything else since the beginning.
Try the ali thins. To my ears unless you use the original monk thins (the extremely thin ones) the imaging really suffers with the newer monk thins. The sound is not as focused as the ali thins or the original monk thins IMO.

I tried on multiple buds and I always chooss ali thins over them for the better imaging and focus, even if the sound sig benefitted the monk thins slightly more, I really dislike hazy imaging.

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2018 at 4:20 PM Post #34,558 of 75,755
Try the ali thins. To my ears unless you use the original monk thins (the extremely thin ones) the imaging really suffers with the newer monk thins. The sound is not as focused as the ali thins or the original monk thins IMO.

I tried on multiple buds and I always chooss ali thins over them for the better imaging and focus, even if the sound sig benefitted the monk thins slightly more, I really dislike hazy imaging.
Intersting, will take a look :) can you please share the link where you bought them?

Sep 10, 2018 at 4:50 PM Post #34,560 of 75,755

Users who are viewing this thread

Back