Earbuds Round-Up
Oct 23, 2016 at 5:02 PM Post #12,661 of 75,763
While thats a pretty good deal on the masya. I am gonna have to hold off this time. Just have a hunch i won't like the sound of the masya.

...yes i am still using the qian39 but lately enjoying green ting with some DAPs or my phone.

Oct 23, 2016 at 6:12 PM Post #12,662 of 75,763

LOL, I never heard this song, unique song, sounds like a Chinese song but sung in English with elements of Indonesia.
Bengawan Solo is an Indonesian word

You are absolutely right, the song is written in 1940 by Indonesian songwriter Gesang Martohartono and relyriced in English in the early 1960s, and sung by Chinese singer Rebecca Pan. 

Apparently this was released on CD - Virgin ‎– 7243 8 50542 2 8

Yes that is the OST of Wong Kar Wei's film "in the mood for love", released in 2000
But the song dates back from 1960s 

Oct 23, 2016 at 6:14 PM Post #12,663 of 75,763
  You are absolutely right, the song is written in 1940 by Indonesian songwriter Gesang Martohartono and relyriced in English in the early 1960s, and sung by Chinese singer Rebecca Pan. 
Yes that is the OST of Wong Kar Wei's film "in the mood for love", released in 2000
But the song dates back from 1960s 

Lol, still got it!! haha

Oct 23, 2016 at 6:58 PM Post #12,664 of 75,763

While we are still at songs, please forgive me for hijacking this thread...
I have been switching back and forth between ER4s and E252
For this song, E252 gives me a "being-there" illusion, whereas ER4s is more precise, more clinical, and Westenra's voice is more apathetic and more distant on the later. 
I have never been familiarized with the audiophile parlance, does this make E252 fitting into the "fun" signature? 

Oct 23, 2016 at 7:36 PM Post #12,665 of 75,763
Are the Rose Masya's any good? How do they sound compared to the Kids Ksc 75's?

Oct 23, 2016 at 8:16 PM Post #12,666 of 75,763
Are the Rose Masya's any good? How do they sound compared to the Kids Ksc 75's?

Haven't heard the Masya. But it would not get a "champions" spot on the earbud list if it couldn't best the KSC 75. ClieOS seems to like it a lot and to get on the Champions list is no easy feat. I am debating getting it now that HCK is selling them at $99, but I had a Mojito in the past and thought the fit was too weird for me.

FWIW i have had KSC 75's for over a decade, and most anything on the  "great" list can best a KSC 75.  However, I might go for a couple budget ones before hetting into the more expensive ones, as the good budget ones are a lot more capable than they might seem.

Oct 24, 2016 at 12:23 AM Post #12,668 of 75,763

With old recordings such as this, it is right there... 

wow, this is one of the most legendary "keroncong" music in indonesia. my grandfather used to play this song in radio when i was a child.

in case you have interest in original version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Amnpel6EpdU

Hmmm... Which one IS the Heavenly Sounds flagship? I thought it was Cadenza...

What?! Sifu you got them? Since when?!

Do you have a link to the price list? I only see tokopedia.

Btw, what about the "KING" Interlude by Heavenly Sounds too? Seems like a custom order TOTL.

the maker seems to have tried in a lot of prototype lately. so confusing line up even for us in Indonesia

Rose Masya Special Version Carbon Fiber:

is it the same panasonic shell @ClieOS ?

Oct 24, 2016 at 12:38 AM Post #12,669 of 75,763
  Haven't heard the Masya. But it would not get a "champions" spot on the earbud list if it couldn't best the KSC 75. ClieOS seems to like it a lot and to get on the Champions list is no easy feat. I am debating getting it now that HCK is selling them at $99, but I had a Mojito in the past and thought the fit was too weird for me.

FWIW i have had KSC 75's for over a decade, and most anything on the  "great" list can best a KSC 75.  However, I might go for a couple budget ones before hetting into the more expensive ones, as the good budget ones are a lot more capable than they might seem.

@vapman Could you list a few of those good budget earbuds bro?
Really enjoyed my RX-1 with bass boost but unfortunately the left driver has gone bad. I am planning of getting another RX-1 as replacement but perhaps you could suggest an alternative in the $20-50 price range (i'm still holding off for a >$100 earbud). Btw already ordered a Qian39 based on your recommendations. Cheers.

Oct 24, 2016 at 12:54 AM Post #12,670 of 75,763
Really enjoyed my RX-1 with bass boost but unfortunately the left driver has gone bad. I am planning of getting another RX-1 as replacement but perhaps you could suggest an alternative in the $20-50 price range (i'm still holding off for a >$100 earbud). Btw already ordered a Qian39 based on your recommendations. Cheers.

Monk+
Qian39 - you already got it :wink:
TY Hi-Z 32 (popular although I don't like it a lot)
RX-1, but you already had it.
Seahf 32 only if you are a real treble head!!!

I still need to try the SHE3800 but that seems to be popular. no idea if it sound different from an Edifier... which are OK but a little muddy for me.

Oct 24, 2016 at 12:58 AM Post #12,671 of 75,763

Monk+
Qian39 - you already got it :wink:
TY Hi-Z 32 (popular although I don't like it a lot)
RX-1, but you already had it.
Seahf 32 only if you are a real treble head!!!

I still need to try the SHE3800 but that seems to be popular. no idea if it sound different from an Edifier... which are OK but a little muddy for me.

No TP16 ?

Oct 24, 2016 at 1:17 AM Post #12,673 of 75,763

No TP16 ?

Never tried it, never bought it.
Would try it out but not interested to buy it, don't feel like i would like it so i never got it...

No boarseman because I don't like the sig much.

Did you pull the trigger on Masya/ Shozy BK/ K500 ?

Oct 24, 2016 at 1:22 AM Post #12,675 of 75,763

Did you pull the trigger on Masya/ Shozy BK/ K500 ?

None :)

Not really interested in Masya, maybe K500 after some more reviews but not sure, but not interested in Shozy...

:frowning2:
 I ordered all 3 plus **** :frowning2: ... It's through hongkong post so will reach next week ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back