Earbuds Round-Up
Aug 4, 2016 at 4:23 PM Post #7,741 of 75,478

Yes, undesirable aesthetics is one side of a coin but other side is law infringement when somebody receives counterfeit goods in import package. EU and US law is very strickt in this area. I think in US you can at least bring in one counterfeit product at a time without any consequences but what if you order more then one piece for your family or friends. In EU it can be treated as import for non-personal usage and buyer can be penalized or even put on trial. And anti-counterfeiting law is even more strict in France and Italy (tourists beware!) where buyer can be prosecuted for buying counterfeit goods straight away together with seller. So Aliexpress seller that stealthily sends counterfeit product can do a lot of harm to unaware and in fact innocent buyer.

To be honest, besides the moral side, I never really thought about the legal side.  You make some very good points.

It makes you wonder why this seller would use (Fake?) Sennheiser bodies on their build?  Are the fake Sennheiser bodies cheaper that just blank housings?

The final question is, are these real Sennheiser parts?  

Aug 4, 2016 at 4:29 PM Post #7,742 of 75,478

To be honest, besides the moral side, I never really thought about the legal side.  You make some very good points.

It makes you wonder why this seller would use (Fake?) Sennheiser bodies on their build?  Are the fake Sennheiser bodies cheaper that just blank housings?

The final question is, are these real Sennheiser parts?  

The flip side to that is some companies, and Sennheiser is very aggressive in their anti-counterfeit measures, seek to prosecute  or enforce copyright laws. I work for a large Japanese electronics manufacturer and when we had bloated staff we had people in marketing specifically searching for things like this and used it as a defense in some class action suits saying things were counterfeit. It really exposes the buyer if based in USA or EU.  

Aug 4, 2016 at 5:00 PM Post #7,744 of 75,478
  My guess is they just had these shells available somewhere (possible cheaper than the blank one). I don't think they wanted to create fake Sennheiser on purpose.

My guess is the same.

Taobao Agents like MisterTao try and block many of the earbuds with the key words MX500.  They try and stop you from buying fakes.  In this case, the description makes no mention of the MX500, but it can be clearly seen in the product photos.  There is just no trace of the Sennheiser logo or name.

Aug 4, 2016 at 5:12 PM Post #7,745 of 75,478
What do you think of this, guys? http://www.aliexpress.com/item/100-Newest-X3-Music-Maker-Ting-In-Ear-Earphone-HIFI-Flat-Earphone-Fever-DIY-Full-Metal/32707090812.html?spm=2114.30010308.8.67.QKGYrf

Aug 4, 2016 at 5:33 PM Post #7,747 of 75,478
  What do you think of this, guys? http://www.aliexpress.com/item/100-Newest-X3-Music-Maker-Ting-In-Ear-Earphone-HIFI-Flat-Earphone-Fever-DIY-Full-Metal/32707090812.html?spm=2114.30010308.8.67.QKGYrf

I do not believe those are official MusicMaker Earbuds, as I do not see them on their official Taobao page:  https://musicmaker.world.taobao.com/

HOWEVER, I do see a new, super budget earbud for sale now!  I must collect them all!  

https://world.taobao.com/item/536570001796.htm

--

Aug 4, 2016 at 5:49 PM Post #7,749 of 75,478
  I only want to collect ultra high-end tbh

Then maybe the Ting isn't for you.  I'm listening to it right now and, if you are looking for something resembling the qualities of Mojito, then this ain't it.  The Ting is less extended in both directions, soundstage more closed in in both directions with less clarity.  Of course, I'm not sure it's a fair comparison.  I do still enjoy the Ting.

Aug 4, 2016 at 5:51 PM Post #7,750 of 75,478

Then maybe the Ting isn't for you.  I'm listening to it right now and, if you are looking for something resembling the qualities of Mojito, then this ain't it.  The Ting is less extended in both directions, soundstage more closed in in both directions with less clarity.  Of course, I'm not sure it's a fair comparison.  I do still enjoy the Ting.

What is for me then ? 

Aug 4, 2016 at 6:19 PM Post #7,751 of 75,478
I only want to collect ultra high-end tbh

As a former mojito owner i can tell you two things:

You will not find a nicer bud. Sorry. If you find a used Blox, go for it.

If you don't have the zen yet you are really missing out. I I most others have not heard the black edition but those who know both claim the black edition to sound better.

Don't ge the black edition if you hate stiff cables.

Aside from that if no cheaper buds will make you happy.... go the Danneq route . Start collecting vintage sony and aiwa...

Aug 4, 2016 at 6:20 PM Post #7,752 of 75,478
Auglamour RX-1 all colors available on Amazon prime: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01J0R38J8

Currently unavailable 8 hours later :) Should have ordered enough. Hey, I used to sell for DUNU. Pretty sure if you order more the price per unit should drop so the profit is a little bigger. Seller probably could have got them even cheaper and probably should not have underestimated the demand for them so they would be making money right now instead of not having stock.

Okay, had the RX-1 since yesterday. A bit small and needs to be built up for me. Only slightly thicker than stock foams so far. need to add some rings or whatever. bass is there but needs to be sealed in more for me. I, till I work on them more, do like them with my BGVP "C" cable(the bass cable) as it gives them a little more body down low.

Not sure whether I like the RX-1 better than my modded CP300 yet because the CP are darker and have more body but the RX-1 may be a bit more refined. Both beat up the Monk and unamped Zen 2.0 and beat the DH ES4  which fell in between. By Proxy since the CP beat out the other ones head to head and the RX-1 goes toe-to-toe with the CP300. Take the "C" off the CP and they get less refined and less smooth. RX-1 has less body but still refined w/o it and not as essential part of the mod but the RX-1 is harder to drive and holds together better.

Agree with where ClieOS put them in the rankings and agree they are among the more mid focused bud I have had. I will wait till I build them up around the edge and see how much bass stays in then before I declare them the most mid-forward. They seem to be a bit more mid-forward than they will since a bit bass seems to be escaping out the side.

Other than needing a bit more girth for a perfect fit, I like the Auglamour a lot so far. Would be nice if the cable below the Y relaxes a bit after a while. Lays it down on the table and it reminds me a bit of a roller coaster. Hills and curves and not the kind to lay flat :)

The clip they come with is nice. Foams are a bit thin for them for my ears. The wood block thing is cute but could have been really cool it it could be more functional and snap together with the one side of the plastic box and make a case or something. Same with the metal logo. Not much real world use as if they were going to have a case the metal logo would be set into the top of it but that plan fell through so they just throw in the AG emblem which has no real use though even if it makes a bit of a fancy impression. Maybe a set of ear hook things or other special fit foams or something would have been more practical and saved on shipping weight for them :) Just little niggles and not real complaints as these are very sweet little buds for $20. For sure another winner in value and just plain good regardless.

Aug 4, 2016 at 7:01 PM Post #7,753 of 75,478
I'm with you @jant71
the bass is SUPREME but the fit has to be -perfect- or you don't get the full effect of the bass..

i am currently using rubber rings with Hiegi donuts but i am thinking of going double foams on the RX-1. It won't hurt to try.

In other news my T-MUSIC showed up today. Was scheduled for delivery tomorrow but somehow made it here today. Yup it does have the Sennheiser logo on the side, but it does not look like and is not in the same place as any actual Sennheiser earbud. Thus I am inclined to believe they picked these shells because they were available and cheap. I don't get the feeling these are trying to pass as Senns. The fact that the logo is nowhere to be seen in the AliExpress page furthers this belief.

I have not had a chance to listen to them yet. Just got home and sat down and had these waiting at the door. Was wondering what I bought from Singapore...

The packing was minimal but nice BTW. Small box, lots of foam, plastic resealable bag with the zipper case inside of it, nicely wound up with a little cable tie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back