Earbuds Round-Up
Aug 4, 2016 at 12:50 AM Post #7,711 of 75,519
  I am afraid in Bhiner order combination works only within one cart. So you can order from different TaoBao sellers but when you finalize your cart - it is closed. They accept returns only for damaged or incorrect products. When products arrive to their warehouse they unpack it and take photos - you can review these photos on their web service and if something is wrong you can tell them to send it back but you have to be quick and do it in 3 days time. Some TaoBao stores of interest:
Rose Technology, FARERL, DaiK (wooden earbuds), TYEarphone Association, SeaHF, ERQU, So called "black horse ES series"

Incredibly informative post.... really thank you very much.

Got to Catch Them All: ToneKing/MusicMaker.

--

I missed this by the turn of the page! To your ear, which is bassiest/warmest?

Aug 4, 2016 at 2:11 AM Post #7,713 of 75,519

Sometimes I have cured that "asphysiation" sound with a recable nad it made all the difference. Sometimes it makes no difference at all
frown.gif

Well then.... anyone got a recabled Tomahawk to try out?

I'm seriously super happy with my RX-1. I will probably buy one or two other bug boys (I still don't get the joke but I like the name) and be set until I lose/break them all. I still want to try the MS985 but the Mojito is almost definitely never entering my collection again.

the mids and highs of rx-1 are stellar, I'll keep them just for that value alone

but the bass is like watching some champion, cramped, swimming to the finish line, but you want to root for him, "come on you can do it..!". somehow it made me nervous. 

I have recabled my Tomahawks with Westone cable and after changing the standard black damper in the drivers to a cotton damper and removing huge glue parts the sound improved in the highs area, treble doesn't sound more "artificial flavor" which that was my big problem with this bud. I think after this mod Tomahawks can be turned into a good earbud...

wow!  sir, can you give me some tips, opening and recable my tomahwaks? really appreciate it! 
how's you describe the sound? still dynamic and intense?

Aug 4, 2016 at 2:12 AM Post #7,714 of 75,519
Ag rx1 has quite a good controlled extension which I like. Mids are very promiment.

Aug 4, 2016 at 2:52 AM Post #7,715 of 75,519

For Bass, the Silver Tomahawk wins no contest.

--

tomahawk FTW!!

BTW I raise the mid bass a couple of dB (RX-1) now and try not to focus so much maybe in 1-2 days my brain will burn! 
ksc75smile.gif

Aug 4, 2016 at 2:56 AM Post #7,716 of 75,519
  Tomahawk FTW!!

During my quick photo shoot of the four MusicMaker/ToneKing Earbuds I have, I ended up listening to them all back to back to back to back.

The Red Ting is clearly the winner for overall playback.

Though, my favorite, is still the Tomahawk.  It is just so much fun to listen to with its great forward (IMO) vocals and perfect sub-bass. 

--

Aug 4, 2016 at 8:48 AM Post #7,719 of 75,519
Woohoo! Hifi Noise Cancelling Bass! :stuck_out_tongue:
13920394_1115152958579182_2961167488226376565_o.jpg

are they re-cabled sennheisers?

also http://www.aliexpress.com/item/T-Music-Professional-DIY-HiFi-Headphone-Cable/32686800517.html?shortkey=FFVr2u6R&addresstype=600

I see that they are now 70% off, are they good? I don't need any more, but I can't refuse such a mark down in price, how do they comapare to monk +, she 3800, ty hi-z hp32?

sorry for too much questions...

Aug 4, 2016 at 9:03 AM Post #7,721 of 75,519
Aug 4, 2016 at 9:16 AM Post #7,722 of 75,519
good with Hiegi, interesting, really
smily_headphones1.gif

is the price down real? I found an old post saying that it was $10 before and now the ones selling are saying it was $40, I'm thinking its false advertising to sell more

Aug 4, 2016 at 9:52 AM Post #7,723 of 75,519
is the price down real? I found an old post saying that it was $10 before and now the ones selling are saying it was $40, I'm thinking its false advertising to sell more
Unfortunately, we do the weather is really hot +36°C in the shade, and therefore tinnitus will not let me fully appreciate these earbuds, but the overall impression is positive, good for price..

Aug 4, 2016 at 11:36 AM Post #7,724 of 75,519
So guys, here are my first impressions of the last of my Seahf earbuds I´ve had yet to hear: The LD-3.0 400 Ohm.

vapman wrote, that he´s missing his 3.0 400 Ohm, and I think I understand why, even though the sound signature as a whole is a mixed bag for me.

The 3.0 has the most intimate sound signature of all Seahf imo. It blows up the sound, which brings the music and vocals real close, so it seems the singer is singing just for you, or if its a band, that you would be right there jamming with them. I also became aware that when listening with other earbuds, most vocals sound as if the singer would be just head and mouth. Not with the 3.0 400 Ohm. With them, you hear the whole body resonating with the vocals. So goosebumps guaranteed with love songs. 
The 3.0 has a deep reaching bass, too. It´s not as good in quality as it is with the 4.0 400 Ohm, let alone the Smart 2.0 320 Ohm, or as powerful, thunderous and growling as the 3.0 320 Ohm, but having been to a lot of live concerts, I´d say it´s the most authentic. It goes quite deep, sounds bloomy, sometimes boomy, but the ultimate power is lacking.
The most problematic topic are the highs. They can sound shiny and sparkly with the best recordings, but with average quality recordings, they sound raw and digital. That´s also the problem with the sound of the 3.0 as a whole. If you don´t feed it high quality stuff, it quickly just sounds too boomy, or the music turns into a wall of sound, with all instruments clustered together.
So, just like with the Smart 1.0 320 Ohm, you have to be picky with the choice of your music when listening with the 3.0 400 Ohm, which is a big minus for me personally. But then, Fleetwood Mac´s "Rumours" never sounded so intimate, and one of my all time favourites "Alan´s Psychedelic Breakfast" from Pink Floyd´s "Atom Heart Mother" never sounded like I would be sitting next to Alan, watching as he makes and eats his breakfast right in front of me.....
Where would I put the 3.0 in my ranking list? Right now, after only a few hours, there

1. Smart 2.0 320 Ohm
2. LD-3.0 320 Ohm
3. Smart 1.0 320 Ohm
4. LD-3.0 400 Ohm
5. LD-3.0 150 Ohm
6. LD-4.0 400 Ohm

Now, don´t take this as a definite ranking from best to worst, as this list is just my first impressions of those earbuds. I´ll change it, should my experience change. Every one of these earbuds has it´s character, and I like them all. 
The big soundstage, the flow, the balanced and analog sounding quality of the LD-4.0 400 Ohm has to be heard to be acknowledged. The attack, speed, and powerful bass of the LD-3.0 150 Ohm is great for a lot of jazz and rock music. The LD-3.0 400 Ohm can make the music very personal and intimate. And if you want a completely different sound experience from what you know, listen to the Smart 1.0 320 Ohm. King of bass and emotions is the Ld-3.0 320 Ohm for me. Last but not least, the Smart 2.0 320 Ohm ticks all my boxes.

Always remember, like Clieos list, take what I wrote with a grain of salt. This is all my personal experience. YMMVVM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back