Earbuds Round-Up
Jul 27, 2016 at 11:08 PM Post #7,366 of 75,777
I just had a 30min listen to the Monk+. I'm a little underwhelmed... not sure if it's because I was listening to the Ting before it or maybe I was expecting more given the hype? Definitely not terrible given the price.

I think the MP are highly overrated. I like the old Monks.

Jul 28, 2016 at 1:18 AM Post #7,368 of 75,777

I think the MP are highly overrated. I like the old Monks.

I disagree but like both. i find both to have an extremely natural sound... arguably MP is more natural to me. it also sounds much closer to Asura 2.0 than the original Monk did.
dont get me wrong, i still love the heck out of my original Monks :wink:
but I use the MP's more - half because the original Monk are no longer attainable and I'd feel less bad about breaking a MP by accident, half because I like them slightly more.

Got TDK EB100 from ebay last evening. 

Absolute crap! FM radioisque sounding buds plus one of the driver (right) sounding lower volume than the other as well.

Oh no! that is too bad :frowning2:
sometimes I feel the Monk spoiled us too much with what to expect from these ultra budget earbuds :wink:

RX-1 better show up tomorrow........
angry_face.gif

I swear UPS send it out west just because it was about to show up day after shipping, and we couldn't have that on a 2 day air package, could we?
tongue.gif

Jul 28, 2016 at 1:33 AM Post #7,369 of 75,777
sometimes I feel the Monk spoiled us too much with what to expect from these ultra budget earbuds :wink:

RX-1 better show up tomorrow........
angry_face.gif

I swear UPS send it out west just because it was about to show up day after shipping, and we couldn't have that on a 2 day air package, could we?
tongue.gif

LOL 
tongue.gif
 You are right.

Some of the under 10 US$ buds (Philips SHE 3800 = 3.21 US$, Monk = 8 US$, and TY-Hi Z 32 = 8 US$) and IEMs (KZ R1 = 2 US$, Panasonic RPHJE125 = 4 US$) that I have seriously skewed my perception of such el-cheapos (i mean how come these manufacturers are able to provide such good sound quality for dirt cheap prices).

My RX1 is still not shipped (shows just electronic information received message), though 
triportsad.gif

Jul 28, 2016 at 1:48 AM Post #7,370 of 75,777
  Got TDK EB100 from ebay last evening. 

Absolute crap! FM radioisque sounding buds plus one of the driver (right) sounding lower volume than the other as well.

sorry to hear that, just now after burning them overnight I tried to measure the eb90's (very poorly with downloaded sine waves and my iphone's mic) and found out just what I expected a bit more highs than mids and a very feint kind of v or u shape sound sig, if they were more properly tested I guess more would be revealed, but I chose these because of my simple reaktek eq settings and just for "fun" more than anything

a very basic idea of what it sounds like, on the top (the numbers in the third column) I tried to eq to the average and it sounded a bit more darker however the highs were basically at the same decibel level, even though I lowered the 4k to -10 out of 12

Jul 28, 2016 at 1:52 AM Post #7,371 of 75,777
Auglamour RX1 or Tomahawk? 

I want something with great clarity and soundstage. For reference i find the monks way to hot in the mid bass and kinda murky sounding overall. Any suggestions here people? 

I have only "read" ( as in google translate ) a Japanese first impression blog on the RX1. Seems like they have more focus on the clarity and balance. Can anyone shed some light on this? Is there anything else i should consider? I´m not spending that much money on the buds :)

Jul 28, 2016 at 2:19 AM Post #7,372 of 75,777

LOL 
tongue.gif
 You are right.

Some of the under 10 US$ buds (Philips SHE 3800 = 3.21 US$, Monk = 8 US$, and TY-Hi Z 32 = 8 US$) and IEMs (KZ R1 = 2 US$, Panasonic RPHJE125 = 4 US$) that I have seriously skewed my perception of such el-cheapos (i mean how come these manufacturers are able to provide such good sound quality for dirt cheap prices).

it depends on what the company or people want to sell and what they expect, monk is a "trap earbuds" that even wild lee had said many times, meaning he expects people to buy them and be wowed at the price, which could only be the cost of materials plus something extra, where as companies like tdk or even bigger names like sennheiser don't rely on their base models for advertisement, then you have the rest of the diy world that try to make themselves know by making something better than what they charge for and wait to get know by word of mouth (or word of blog/posts)

in short, those who have something to gain will sell something good cheaper whereas some who already have nothing to lose are less motivated, maybe that is why I took a "risk" on $9 tdk earbuds

Jul 28, 2016 at 3:25 AM Post #7,373 of 75,777
  Is the 400 Ohm 4.0 worth it for the bass extension? I feel Ostry KC08t already has that covered.

I would get the LD-3.0 320 Ohm instead. I only listened for about 10 hours, but so far they have the best bass performance. Rock solid, growling and powerful. But take it with a grain of salt, because I haven´t heard as many earbud as you have.

Jul 28, 2016 at 3:28 AM Post #7,374 of 75,777
  Could you just tell how is the soundstage of LD 4.0 ?

It has the widest soundstage of all Seahf earbuds I´ve heard so far. The LD-3.0 320 Ohm have a deeper soundstage though. Gives the music more of 3D sound effect.

Jul 28, 2016 at 3:33 AM Post #7,375 of 75,777
  nice! more punchy than the 150 Ohm one? How about their vocal?

Waaaay more punchy! The vocals sound very intimate, with great timbre. Most emotional of all Seahf´s I know so far. I guess, all it´s characteristics is the reason why some compare it to the VE Zen 1.0 . 

Jul 28, 2016 at 3:44 AM Post #7,376 of 75,777
I´m really curious, if the bass of the 320 Ohm can be beaten by the LD-3.0 400 Ohm I also have here since yesterday, but hopefully the 320 Ohm V1+2 will arrive today, so I can compare them, too.
(And very soon I´ll get the brand new Seahf IEM, but that just as a side note....) 
biggrin.gif

Jul 28, 2016 at 3:50 AM Post #7,377 of 75,777
Now i have to order Seahf 300 and LD 4.0

I already have Seahf 400.

Jul 28, 2016 at 3:56 AM Post #7,378 of 75,777

how's your Mojito so far? how is it compared to Zen 2.0 and Cygnus? Which is your favorite of the 3? :)

Jul 28, 2016 at 4:06 AM Post #7,379 of 75,777
  Auglamour RX1 or Tomahawk? 

I want something with great clarity and soundstage. For reference i find the monks way to hot in the mid bass and kinda murky sounding overall. Any suggestions here people? 

I have only "read" ( as in google translate ) a Japanese first impression blog on the RX1. Seems like they have more focus on the clarity and balance. Can anyone shed some light on this? Is there anything else i should consider? I´m not spending that much money on the buds :)

I think the majority of us are still waiting in the mail for our RX-1's.... but the Tomahawk is known far brighter than the monks.

Jul 28, 2016 at 4:06 AM Post #7,380 of 75,777

how's your Mojito so far? how is it compared to Zen 2.0 and Cygnus? Which is your favorite of the 3? :)

To be frank, 200% frank, i am just listening to Mojito only, i ahven't touched any other earbud.
It has those highs which i have never heard in my life, and it has good bass also.
Awesome soundstage and 3D effect.
And now i am listening to music more and more because of this Mojito.
I am not able to go back to any other earbud till now. Give me some more time, may be i have been hypnotized by Mojito till now :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back