Earbuds Round-Up
Jul 26, 2016 at 11:55 PM Post #7,336 of 75,470
Jul 27, 2016 at 12:13 AM Post #7,338 of 75,470
Jul 27, 2016 at 12:16 AM Post #7,339 of 75,470
  Check the Mojo Specs,
It has Optical IN, CO axial IN, Micro USB IN.
I use it with my TV optical out at home and at office Oneplus one Micro usb out :)

AK Jr only has analog line out. Would it work with Mojo?

Jul 27, 2016 at 12:18 AM Post #7,340 of 75,470

Check the Mojo Specs,
It has Optical IN, CO axial IN, Micro USB IN.
I use it with my TV optical out at home and at office Oneplus one Micro usb out :)

AK Jr only has analog line out. Would it work with Mojo?

Mojo can take only DIgital input, so only DIgital audio can enter into Mojo, No analog Sorry!

Jul 27, 2016 at 12:25 AM Post #7,341 of 75,470
Yeah it's so damn hard to find. They made so limited product. The new one, b200 even not for international buyer
Be7 mark 2?
Guess we have quite same champions here. For me the best is zen 1, should be amped. The best direct drive is be7. Still waiting for mid-centric champion.
try AKG K319 for mids :stuck_out_tongue:

Jul 27, 2016 at 2:00 AM Post #7,343 of 75,470
Some more impressions from Seahf LD-3.0 150 Ohm vs LD-4.0 400 Ohm

The 150 Ohm are not very polite. They throw the music directly in your face, they sound like being on a live concert, where the sound blast at full volume. Powerfull bass, but no as deep as on the 400 Ohm. Like I wrote once before, it´s your music on steroids. I think they´re a stunner, but for some it might be a bit too much.
The 400 Ohm have a very smooth and laid back sound. Imagine the best turntable set up you know, that´s what they sound like. The bass goes really deep, and they have a wide soundstage. They´re way more balanced than the 150 Ohm, but lack the power and attack of the latter. All imo, of course.

Today, I´ll get the LD-3.0 320 Ohm + 400 Ohm. 

Jul 27, 2016 at 2:05 AM Post #7,345 of 75,470
  Some more impressions from Seahf LD-3.0 150 Ohm vs LD-4.0 400 Ohm

The 150 Ohm are not very polite. They throw the music directly in your face, they sound like being on a live concert, where the sound blast at full volume. Powerfull bass, but no as deep as on the 400 Ohm. Like I wrote once before, it´s your music on steroids. I think they´re a stunner, but for some it might be a bit too much.
The 400 Ohm have a very smooth and laid back sound. Imagine the best turntable set up you know, that´s what they sound like. The bass goes really deep, and they have a wide soundstage. They´re way more balanced than the 150 Ohm, but lack the power and attack of the latter. All imo, of course.

Today, I´ll get the LD-3.0 320 Ohm + 400 Ohm. 

Is the 400 Ohm 4.0 worth it for the bass extension? I feel Ostry KC08t already has that covered.

Jul 27, 2016 at 2:22 AM Post #7,346 of 75,470
Nice! I just ordered AG RX-1 and Boarseman MX98s now and waiting for some DIY drivers.

@springbay how does it sounded compared to Cygnus? the highs area is a bit less veiled than Monk 1?

The Boarseman MX98s are very relaxed, a bit darkish and slightly warm. Works well with any genre and where the clarity of the Cygnus and Ting sometimes can get a bit fatiguing on some energetic pop tracks, the MX98s are like butter to my ears. A great bud to use when coming home after a long tiresome day at work, and you just want to take a sip of your poison of choice, listen to some music and take it easy.
I mainly used them on my Iphone last evening, but at the end of the night I plugged them into the VE RA2.0, and they simply exploded with detail but still remained pleasantly warm and very relaxed.

Jul 27, 2016 at 3:10 AM Post #7,348 of 75,470

The Boarseman MX98s are very relaxed, a bit darkish and slightly warm. Works well with any genre and where the clarity of the Cygnus and Ting sometimes can get a bit fatiguing on some energetic pop tracks, the MX98s are like butter to my ears. A great bud to use when coming home after a long tiresome day at work, and you just want to take a sip of your poison of choice, listen to some music and take it easy.
I mainly used them on my Iphone last evening, but at the end of the night I plugged them into the VE RA2.0, and they simply exploded with detail but still remained pleasantly warm and very relaxed.

Are they warmer than the Zen to you?

Jul 27, 2016 at 3:28 AM Post #7,350 of 75,470

Are they warmer than the Zen to you?

With the phone as source, yes. The warm sound of the MX98s is probably due to the included full foams that I use (naked, they are very bright). I'll have to try them some more with the RA2 to make a comparison. I'd never use the Zen2 straight from the phone. But that is also where the MX98s fill a gap in my collection. I want some buds that I can plug straight into the phone, without the need of bringing an amp with me. But that's for now, like everyone else I have the RX-1 incoming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back