Earbuds Round-Up
Mar 16, 2016 at 1:04 AM Post #2,926 of 75,392
I agree. The Tomahawks work with just about everything. I only disagree with the donut part. It made the sound slightly too sharp for me...

I see I see. I tried them with full foams, but find that the high notes (sometimes) were too muffled for my taste. Guess we just have different preference for high frequencies mate!

Mar 16, 2016 at 4:55 AM Post #2,927 of 75,392
   I see I see. I tried them with full foams, but find that the high notes (sometimes) were too muffled for my taste. Guess we just have different preference for high frequencies mate!

Well, I've got a tiny bit of tinnitus which makes me sensitive to high frequencies. At first I used donuts on my Tomahawks but I felt that highs were a bit too sharp for my liking. Full foams work great and it doesn't remove any detail, in my opinion...

Mar 16, 2016 at 5:54 AM Post #2,928 of 75,392
hope Lee can make a VE Monk 2.0 as I am really loving the Monk (donut foam) better than the Zen 2.0 (foamless) now. and wish it would not be high impedance like the Zen.

Mar 16, 2016 at 7:04 AM Post #2,929 of 75,392

Well, I've got a tiny bit of tinnitus which makes me sensitive to high frequencies. At first I used donuts on my Tomahawks but I felt that highs were a bit too sharp for my liking. Full foams work great and it doesn't remove any detail, in my opinion...

Hmm, guess I will give full foams a try next time.

I have also noticed that by switching all of my bud foams to doughnuts, I seem to get a "cleaner" or less "muffled" sound. Maybe it's a placebo effect? I am not sure,

Mar 16, 2016 at 7:23 AM Post #2,932 of 75,392

Hmm, guess I will give full foams a try next time.

I have also noticed that by switching all of my bud foams to doughnuts, I seem to get a "cleaner" or less "muffled" sound. Maybe it's a placebo effect? I am not sure,

I think the is a slight reduction in highs with full foams. This is why I put them on my Tomahawks. And different earbuds react differently to full vs donut foams...

Thanks for the reply guys. Guess I will eventually buy the Cygnus from Penon then. 

A very stupid question though, do you guys use guest checkout or sign-up for an account?

It should be best to register. Then you can follow your orders. I have only bought from Penon on Ebay (the name of the store is Bigbargainonline). But I'll buy from their homepage in the future since shipping is cheaper than from Ebay...

Mar 16, 2016 at 7:43 AM Post #2,933 of 75,392
So I've got the Asura 2.0 and wondered if the SHOZY Cygnus are an upgrade or downgrade? 
:D

I have the asura, and my cyngus is on the way. From what I've heard so far it's an upgrade. The asura is very picky about what music it wants to play. It absolutely shines while playing Spanish guitar ballads and classical foamless.

Mar 16, 2016 at 8:00 AM Post #2,934 of 75,392
I have the asura, and my cyngus is on the way. From what I've heard so far it's an upgrade. The asura is very picky about what music it wants to play. It absolutely shines while playing Spanish guitar ballads and classical foamless.

For me the Asura 2.0 fits better without foams, but it hurts without foams :frowning2: So I use it with.
Monk fits perfect with foams.

I'll wait for your feedback then :)

Mar 16, 2016 at 8:11 AM Post #2,935 of 75,392

For me the Asura 2.0 fits better without foams, but it hurts without foams :frowning2: So I use it with.
Monk fits perfect with foams.

I'll wait for your feedback then :)

I find with the donut foams, it has congested mids. I actually like it with full foam but it looses resolution. I ordered the higie foams but the got lost in the mail. That reminds me I need to re order some lol. I'll give you my feedback I'm a week or so. Hifibuds that Japan website actually reviewed them against each other. The translation does work do well but it explains the difference

Mar 16, 2016 at 8:16 AM Post #2,936 of 75,392
I find with the donut foams, it has congested mids. I actually like it with full foam but it looses resolution. I ordered the higie foams but the got lost in the mail. That reminds me I need to re order some lol. I'll give you my feedback I'm a week or so. Hifibuds that Japan website actually reviewed them against each other. The translation does work do well but it explains the difference

Oh you'd say the higie foams are better than the included ones?
Can you link the comparison? :)

Mar 16, 2016 at 8:29 AM Post #2,937 of 75,392
Deleted, later i will add :)

Mar 16, 2016 at 8:48 AM Post #2,938 of 75,392

Oh you'd say the higie foams are better than the included ones?
Can you link the comparison? :)

Sorry hiegi *** the are just a lil thinner and good quality

Mar 16, 2016 at 10:47 AM Post #2,939 of 75,392
Here's a new Tomahawk review   
bigsmile_face.gif

Mar 16, 2016 at 10:53 AM Post #2,940 of 75,392

Just saw this as well.

Looks like the Tomahawk is quickly picking up steam.  
cool.gif

It is by far my favorite earbud I have heard so far, though, there are still MANY others I have yet to have the pleasure of listening to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back