Earbuds Round-Up
Mar 16, 2016 at 11:03 AM Post #2,942 of 75,390

Just saw this as well.

Looks like the Tomahawk is quickly picking up steam.  
cool.gif

It is by far my favorite earbud I have heard so far, though, there are still MANY others I have yet to have the pleasure of listening to.

Yep. It deserves all the praise it's getting. VE Zen 1 beats Tomahawk in my book (just got those yesterday and have to mention them...). Zen 1 is like a supercalifragilisticexpialidocious version of VE Monk. As amazingly immersive as some people describe Zen 2, but which I couldn't hear with my pair (perhaps I didn't take enough time for burn in?)

Tomahawk has an overall cleaner sound than Zen 1 while not as immersive. Still, for around $50 it's truly a great deal and they could easily sell for $30-40 more!

Anyway, will buy a pair of Ting at the end of the month, and perhaps a silver pair of Tomahawk as spare. Also I want to get a pair of Shozy Cygnus before they sell out. Also I heard that Blox might release a "mid fi" earbud in the spring (perhaps around the same level as M2C or BE5 <- my guess after hearing rumors)...

No rest for the earbud fan these days...

Mar 16, 2016 at 11:17 AM Post #2,943 of 75,390

Just saw this as well.

Looks like the Tomahawk is quickly picking up steam.  :cool:

It is by far my favorite earbud I have heard so far, though, there are still MANY others I have yet to have the pleasure of listening to.

Yep. It deserves all the praise it's getting. VE Zen 1 beats Tomahawk in my book (just got those yesterday and have to mention them...). Zen 1 is like a supercalifragilisticexpialidocious version of VE Monk. As amazingly immersive as some people describe Zen 2, but which I couldn't hear with my pair (perhaps I didn't take enough time for burn in?)

Tomahawk has an overall cleaner sound than Zen 1 while not as immersive. Still, for around $50 it's truly a great deal and they could easily sell for $30-40 more!

Anyway, will buy a pair of Ting at the end of the month, and perhaps a silver pair of Tomahawk as spare. Also I want to get a pair of Shozy Cygnus before they sell out. Also I heard that Blox might release a "mid fi" earbud in the spring (perhaps around the same level as M2C or BE5 <- my guess after hearing rumors)...

i am going to order tomahawk tomoro..i cnt wait more..even my ting is on the way

Mar 16, 2016 at 11:19 AM Post #2,944 of 75,390
My pair of Tomahawk's just left China today to my country, so I hope get them in some weeks!

Could anybody please compare Tomahawks's to E100's on bass and treble amounts and extension? I think compare E100's is a little problematic because apparently some new pairs doesn't match with old pairs on SQ, but will be cool for my hype train also E100 is one of my favorites.

Mar 16, 2016 at 11:44 AM Post #2,945 of 75,390

...ordered a pair of Tomahawk this morning...you buggers have me curious.

Mar 16, 2016 at 12:07 PM Post #2,948 of 75,390
  Is it just my pair of Tomahawks or is this common across all Hawks in that I find the cable to be a bit sticky and not smooth.

In my review, one of my only "cons" is the rubbery sticky cable.

Mar 16, 2016 at 12:27 PM Post #2,952 of 75,390
Tomahawk has been my Top buds to. Others is zen 1&2, boarseman mx98. But now i'm so curious about Ting (tomahawks brother) and shozy cygnus.
I want to buy both, but still not enough money.

So, it you're in my position, wich one you should buy? Ting or shozy?
And does anyone have ever heard of Dx.V4 earbuds? It says that it's so limited DIY bud from thailand. More rare than blox series (and someone says that it's also has V2 too).
Thank you so much...

*i'm one of Earbud Lover Indonesia

Users who are viewing this thread

Back