DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Sep 11, 2015 at 12:26 AM Post #13,051 of 14,084
Hey...which micro sd card you are using with dx90.really memory reading/writing speed is important in memory card when it use with dx90. I plan to buy lexar 633x microsd reading speed upto 95mb but as per review writing speed is very low. Is writing speed or reading speed is matters.i also heard devices is hardware is also need to have that capability to read 95mbps...anyone know
hiw memory speed is important with dx90?

Sep 11, 2015 at 1:25 AM Post #13,052 of 14,084
I looked over the options.  For write speeds its not going to matter to much your just gong to have to wait a long time to transfer files.  Just about all the cards are pretty slow for write speeds that I can find and you have to remember that USB 2.0 will never get much over 20MB/sec.  If you want to transfer really fast then you will need separate USB 3.0 adapter.  But that is just adding alot of cost to just be able to transfer your music to your player.  What I did is just set the files to transfer then went and had lunch transfer time was about 1 hour for 60GB of music, using the SD card slot in my computer.  Using the DX90 with USB 2.0 storage mode would have taken about 2 hours to transfer 60GB because its bottleknecked.  But once all those files are written then its done and don't really need to do much writing to the drive after that.  I would prefer have two cards with different music then have to delete and refill it constantly.
Now for read speed thats different store that should effect performace slightly for scan times.  But likely anything over 30MB/sec will play any high res music fine.  But I would still probably go with 45MB/sec read speed card at the very least  The 80+MB/sec read speed card should only be a few dollars more though so might as well get one of those.  I doubt the memory bus on the DX90 can saturate any more than 80MB/sec on reads.  But I could be wrong.  So buying anything more than that is waist of money.  
Those high speed write cards are essentially for filming 4K video.  No other device on market currently will use that write speed nor needs those write speeds.  But the exception is the higher write speed drives would be convenient if you plan to transferring files through USB 3.0 often.

Sep 11, 2015 at 11:47 AM Post #13,053 of 14,084
I have a Sandisc and Lexar 128GB microSD card. The Lexar runs circles around the Sandisc in every way. It also comes with a USB 3.0 adapter. Granted, the Lexar is around $100 and if you are patent, the Sandisc can be had for under $50 (was on sale last week on Amazon). But the difference in speed loading 128GB of music sure make the process easier.

Sep 11, 2015 at 5:59 PM Post #13,054 of 14,084
  I have a Sandisc and Lexar 128GB microSD card. The Lexar runs circles around the Sandisc in every way. It also comes with a USB 3.0 adapter. Granted, the Lexar is around $100 and if you are patent, the Sandisc can be had for under $50 (was on sale last week on Amazon). But the difference in speed loading 128GB of music sure make the process easier.

Good to know. I have a PNY SD card that is very fast and much more enjoyable to use. 

Sep 11, 2015 at 8:16 PM Post #13,055 of 14,084
EyuiOL-8ff.jpg
Akwpa-Skj2.jpg

Ya, it`s still half price!...

Sep 11, 2015 at 8:48 PM Post #13,057 of 14,084

Ya, it's still half the speed!...

The new Sandisk are 85MB/s. That would be true for the old version. But not the with the new ones release last month.

Edit : Plus your assuming the internal memory bus on DX90 can saturate over 80MB/s read. I'm not sure it could. Even the USB 3.0 can't saturate over 80MB/s on read.

Edit 2 : NM I guess newer USB 3.0 controllers will hit 120MB/s. But I still doubt the memory controller in DX90 with its older hardware really can hit those speeds.

Sep 11, 2015 at 9:39 PM Post #13,058 of 14,084
Has anyone thought about using one of these to expand the memory with a OTG drive.  I wonder if it will use SD card and OTG at same time?

http://www.amazon.com/Leef-microSD-microUSB-Connector-Android/dp/B00J2D7R20/ref=pd_sim_147_5?ie=UTF8&refRID=019K51Q2N18DBS623CEB&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR138%2C160_

Sep 11, 2015 at 10:16 PM Post #13,059 of 14,084

Ya, it's still half the speed!...

The new Sandisk are 85MB/s. That would be true for the old version. But not the with the new ones release last month.

Edit : Plus your assuming the internal memory bus on DX90 can saturate over 80MB/s read. I'm not sure it could. Even the USB 3.0 can't saturate over 80MB/s on read.

Edit 2 : NM I guess newer USB 3.0 controllers will hit 120MB/s. But I still doubt the memory controller in DX90 with its older hardware really can hit those speeds.

Good, they've worked on the speed, because damn.

I'm not considering the DX90's capabilities at all. After it gets to the card, I don't care much, I do my editing on my computer with the files on HDD, then transfer to the card. I've tried going through the DX90 and the SD card and it's not pretty. Regardless, I want to reduce the time spent editing and moving files.

We all have our different priorities. None are wrong.

It's hard to debate lower price vs better performance, don't believe me, ask RAMBUS.

I just wish to state the differences between the cheap slow Sandisc vs the more expensive better performance Lexar. dat's all.

Sep 11, 2015 at 10:35 PM Post #13,060 of 14,084

Good, they've worked on the speed, because damn.

I'm not considering the DX90's capabilities at all. After it gets to the card, I don't care much, I do my editing on my computer with the files on HDD, then transfer to the card. I've tried going through the DX90 and the SD card and it's not pretty. Regardless, I want to reduce the time spent editing and moving files.

We all have our different priorities. None are wrong.

It's hard to debate lower price vs better performance, don't believe me, ask RAMBUS.

I just wish to state the differences between the cheap slow Sandisc vs the more expensive better performance Lexar. dat's all.

But what I'm saying is the new sandisk are 85MB/s which gets pretty close to speed of Lexar for less than half.  $24 for 64GB and $57 for 128GB.  People who commented earlier in the thread were referring to the 45MB/s cards which were much slower and same price is the 85MB/s that you can fine now.

On another note I just ordered this to have two microSD cards.  I will let you all know now it works :)  Only $3.  If it works without skipping over USB 2.0 then that would prove speed on faster cards doesn't do much more than just allow you to scan files faster and transfer quicker when used with adapters.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/351475808904

Sep 12, 2015 at 5:39 PM Post #13,061 of 14,084
I smell what you're steppin' in. (aka I understand what you are saying)

FYI, the Lexar didn't scan the database one bit faster than the Sandisc, just gets your stuff to the card faster. USB 2.0 is plenty fast for reading HiRes FLAC and DSD.

I have a USB OTG microSD reader already, I use it from time to time.

Quote:

But what I'm saying is the new sandisk are 85MB/s which gets pretty close to speed of Lexar for less than half.  $24 for 64GB and $57 for 128GB.  People who commented earlier in the thread were referring to the 45MB/s cards which were much slower and same price is the 85MB/s that you can fine now.

On another note I just ordered this to have two microSD cards.  I will let you all know now it works :)  Only $3.  If it works without skipping over USB 2.0 then that would prove speed on faster cards doesn't do much more than just allow you to scan files faster and transfer quicker when used with adapters.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/351475808904

Sep 14, 2015 at 11:52 AM Post #13,062 of 14,084
I hope before new product launch (the last firmware) dx 90 have firmware can change music volume without physical button or can use touchscreen to change it, i really hope before my physical buttons broken in the future, i really love my DX90 :wink:

(sorry for my bad English)

Sep 14, 2015 at 12:27 PM Post #13,063 of 14,084
I also can't stress enough about how much i like the DX90 in combination with my Stagediver 2 InEars. With Rockbox the DX90 is the perfect DAP for me. I don't care for Hires (I only use redbook Alac) but love those extra Rockbox Features. The UI is better and its great to sort my music by "Album-Artist". Overall i couldn't be happier with the DX90.

Sep 16, 2015 at 1:25 AM Post #13,064 of 14,084
I also can't stress enough about how much i like the DX90 in combination with my Stagediver 2 InEars. With Rockbox the DX90 is the perfect DAP for me. I don't care for Hires (I only use redbook Alac) but love those extra Rockbox Features. The UI is better and its great to sort my music by "Album-Artist". Overall i couldn't be happier with the DX90.

Can you use DX90 in Dac mode on mac or PC with Rockbox?

Sep 16, 2015 at 2:47 AM Post #13,065 of 14,084

Can you use DX90 in Dac mode on mac or PC with Rockbox?

I am not sure. But i don't think that its possible under Rockbox. But since i use a Dual-Boot-Firmware, i could easily switch between Rockbox and the Stockfirmware and
use the DAC-Function with the Stockfirmware. I do have a dedicated DAC for my Mac, so i don't need to, but it would be possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back