DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Aug 20, 2015 at 6:39 AM Post #13,021 of 14,084
  Does anyone has tried the OPPO PM-3 with the DX 90? 

Thanks ! 

I did at the Headroom show in London back in January. 

I had my DX90 with me and it was also my first time listening to planars at the Oppo stand. The PM-3's hadn't even been released at the time and while listening, I was blown away.

I haven't had much experience with headphones but I enjoyed the PM-3's so much that funding permitted, they will be my next pair of headphones as I'm in the market for closed back portables (currently using Shure SE425).

Oppo suggested I try them with their HA-2 amp/dac and when I did, I clearly heard an improvement in musicality and ompff, although the DX90 held it's own enough for me not to consider a separate amp/dac combo.

I'll be attending CanJam here in London where i'll hear them again and have my wallet to hand...who knows what will happen...

Aug 20, 2015 at 7:03 AM Post #13,022 of 14,084

I did at the Headroom show in London back in January. 

I had my DX90 with me and it was also my first time listening to planars at the Oppo stand. The PM-3's hadn't even been released at the time and while listening, I was blown away.

I haven't had much experience with headphones but I enjoyed the PM-3's so much that funding permitted, they will be my next pair of headphones as I'm in the market for closed back portables (currently using Shure SE425).

Oppo suggested I try them with their HA-2 amp/dac and when I did, I clearly heard an improvement in musicality and ompff, although the DX90 held it's own enough for me not to consider a separate amp/dac combo.

I'll be attending CanJam here in London where i'll hear them again and have my wallet to hand...who knows what will happen...

That's very interesting, thank you 
biggrin.gif

I think it will be my next closed headphone too, especially if I want to upgrade my Momentum Over ear  

Aug 20, 2015 at 7:14 AM Post #13,023 of 14,084
  That's very interesting, thank you 
biggrin.gif

I think it will be my next closed headphone too, especially if I want to upgrade my Momentum Over ear  

The momentum's were on my shortlist too but after hearing the pm-3's I think my short list has been torn up.

I'm interested in trying the momentum 2 though, nicer pads and foldable.

I also considered Kef M500, sound awesome but leak sound and not overly comfortable.

Not sure if you've read the following post but it may prove helpful too...http://www.head-fi.org/t/672743/comparisons-25-of-the-top-closed-portable-headphones-around

Now enough about headphones and back to the DX90...it's friggin' awesome! :)

Aug 20, 2015 at 7:55 AM Post #13,024 of 14,084
Thanks for the reading 

The Oppo PM-3 in Europe seems to be much more expensive comparing to USA. Most of prices are 530€, price in USA is usually 400$ (~380€) 

Anyways, the synergy DX90-Momentum is excellent. Now I always use mid gain (was always in low gain before)

Aug 21, 2015 at 7:28 AM Post #13,026 of 14,084
Got the Ultrasone IQ Pro, they sound great, close to perfection *(for my tastes), at least the bass and mids are close to perfection, interestingly for this iem, the highs are the only frequency affected by source output impedance, It sounds best with very low output impedance sources. Bottom line, IQ Pro get's my recommendation if you want a balanced sound with tight textured bass (bass heads need not apply), clear detailed mids and a lush treble (with comply T100 tips).

Aug 24, 2015 at 1:36 PM Post #13,027 of 14,084
Yes the IQ Pro is very nice. I would absolutely consider it if I needed a new iem

Aug 28, 2015 at 10:36 AM Post #13,028 of 14,084
Mp4nation selling Dx90 mini audio.not dx90 ibasso audio. Mp4nation is cheating with their customers. I pay them for ibasso dx90 and they send me dx90 mini.never buy from mp4nation. Pey more 20 and buy from any other seller.

Guys.I brought Dx90 from Egloblecentral not from Mp4nation.I was confused between Mp4nation and Eglobalcentral.i confirmed MP4nation selling Dx90 ibasso audio.its my mystic:pensive:

Aug 28, 2015 at 10:46 AM Post #13,030 of 14,084
Mp4nation selling Dx90 mini audio.not dx90 ibasso audio. Mp4nation is cheating with their customers. I pay them for ibasso dx90 and they send me dx90 mini.never buy from mp4nation. Pey more 20 and buy from any other seller.

they are the same thing, just different name:
mini audio is the name of ibasso for sale inside of china.
ibasso is the name for sale outside of china.

its weird mp4nation is selling mini audio, maybe because dx90 is discontinued and they have only mini audio left...

Aug 28, 2015 at 11:04 AM Post #13,031 of 14,084
Yes they are same things. But dx90 mini is china's domestic model. Ibasso not claim any warranty for Dx90 mini out of china...why buy from Mp4nation? I contact Ibasso they told me. Mp4nation is not Ibasso's authorize seller.so better way pay more 20 or 30 doller and Buy from Authorize Ibasso Seller....

Please if any want to buy Ibasso dx90 buy from any other seller and get ibasso Dx90 international version.if you happy with dx90 mini audio. Go for it. And experience yourself. Maybe then you believe what im talking about.

I like to go with ibasso official service support. Simple thing take reference from this page or mail to ibasso audio about where to buy. :point_down:

what ever happen buy from ibasso authorize seller.

http://www.ibasso.com/buy.php

I received dx90 mini audio with lots of problems. I really dont like. Maybe it is refurbished stuff they repacked and sell...if Mp4nation is not theorize seller anything can happen. I balive ibasso international version.which i Dx90 ibasso audio.

Aug 28, 2015 at 11:27 AM Post #13,032 of 14,084
If you buy from a reseller, then ibasso does not accept warranty as you say, they will refer you to the reseller for warrany, in this case it is mp4nation, they will take care of your warranty, so it does not matter if you got mini audio or ibasso from mp4nation, result is the same. But I agree that it is easier dealing with ibasso for warranty, so it is better to spend a bit extra if you want ibasso warranty rather than reseller warranty. I personally didn't have a problem with mp4nation, I bought my DX50 and DX90 from them, and I had to send my DX50 back for a refund because it was faulty, so mp4ntion aren't too bad imo.

Aug 28, 2015 at 12:17 PM Post #13,035 of 14,084
^ The DX50 and DX90 I bought from mp4nation were both ibasso branded, not mini audio. Also not sure what your trying to prove with that picture? Mini audio products are only sold within China, if you got one from mp4nation it means they must have bought their stock from a Chinese reseller rather than from ibasso. Rest assured that the mini audio and ibasso versions are completely identical.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back