DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Mar 14, 2015 at 8:53 PM Post #11,356 of 14,084
I'd love to, really; but at least until May--if not later--I won't have enough spending cash to cover the cost of shipping, much less the mod itself. But it ranks pretty highly on my "to-do-when-I-can-afford-it" list.

Mar 14, 2015 at 10:59 PM Post #11,357 of 14,084
Hey everyone!  I am a newbie on the forum and appreciate all the good info.  I went ahead and downloaded fw 2.1.8.  I followed the steps and was wondering how long it takes for it to update.  I've had the DX90 iBasso Audio start screen up for about 2.5 hours.  Should it have restarted already?

Mar 14, 2015 at 11:05 PM Post #11,358 of 14,084
  Hey everyone!  I am a newbie on the forum and appreciate all the good info.  I went ahead and downloaded fw 2.1.8.  I followed the steps and was wondering how long it takes for it to update.  I've had the DX90 iBasso Audio start screen up for about 2.5 hours.  Should it have restarted already?

Took me about 5 mins when I updated. This was my first firmware update, but 2.5 hours sounds a bit funky

Mar 14, 2015 at 11:26 PM Post #11,359 of 14,084
My thoughts exactly.  Not sure what is going on.  Kinda afraid to force shut down.  Might plug into the wall and leave it sit overnight and see what it looks like tomorrow.  

Mar 14, 2015 at 11:37 PM Post #11,360 of 14,084

I would do a factory reset, but if you don't get to that point do a force shut down. It only takes about 5 minutes to do an update. then check and see what version is on your player to make sure it updated. If it didn't the do it again. 

Mar 14, 2015 at 11:42 PM Post #11,361 of 14,084
Interestingly nothing happens when I push any of the buttons and no options on screen as start up logo still there.  Unit screen hasn't turned off either.  Is there some way to do factory reset without getting into the software?  Will removing the battery force a hard reset?

At a loss here!  Don't want to mess it up!

Mar 14, 2015 at 11:48 PM Post #11,362 of 14,084
  Interestingly nothing happens when I push any of the buttons and no options on screen as start up logo still there.  Unit screen hasn't turned off either.  Is there some way to do factory reset without getting into the software?  Will removing the battery force a hard reset?

At a loss here!  Don't want to mess it up

You could always unplug it from the USB and pull the battery. Then restart it and do a factory reset. If you have a PC you can also use Batch tool on the first page but it is harder for some to use. 

Mar 14, 2015 at 11:51 PM Post #11,364 of 14,084
Hi guys,

Sorry this took so long but I finally got my K10s back 2 days ago, and I made a short trip earlier today to one of the local stores to do a comparison of my Migel modded DX90j against the standard DX90.

(yes that AK240 screen is screwed up. One of the store staff dropped it the day before)

This is NOT an apples to apples comparison; my DX90MM is running 2.1.8L0 and using a Japan Samsung battery while the store unit is using 2.1.0 and the default Pisen battery. Note that any differences I describe may have possibly been enhanced/attenuated by this difference in firmware and batteries.

After A/Bing between the two with my own music (and also listening to the AK240 for reference/to see what the hype is all about) these are the major points I took down:

- The DX90MM has improved instrument separation with a very slightly expanded soundstage. 

- The DX90MM has an overall punchier and tighter bass with slightly less presence due to reduced bass bloom. I also hear rumble that extends deeper than the stock unit.

- The DX90MM has much less sound signature variance at different gain levels.

- The DX90MM has a much blacker background. When listening to some RHCP vinyl rips on the standard unit I heard some hiss that I dismissed as vinyl artifacts only for them to not be present on the modded unit.

After my short comparison, it was evident that the mod nudges the DX90MM closer to a reference sound without losing much musicality and becoming as clinical and thin as the AK240 and other AK players (honestly not very impressed by them now that I've given them a spin).

Credit goes to Mikhail for producing the mod. For anyone considering the mod, he's a pleasant guy to deal with, works real fast (can't say the same about the Russian Post though) and charges extremely reasonable prices. Makes me wonder what other modders are thinking commanding the prices they do. 

Really happy with the final result, and I hope I've described enough to allow those considering the mod to make their minds up.

So how much is the MOD?

Any link that describes what the mod does ?

Mar 14, 2015 at 11:53 PM Post #11,365 of 14,084
  i think u can *use the* start + volume up button to go to factory reset option.use volume up and down to navigate and start button as ok.(search this or the other dx90 forum just to be sure)

Yes, that is a way to do it. 

Mar 14, 2015 at 11:58 PM Post #11,366 of 14,084
Thanks everyone by the way!  I am not familiar with batch editing(?).  I think I'll try and pull the battery first. 

Mar 15, 2015 at 12:02 AM Post #11,367 of 14,084
  Thanks everyone by the way!  I am not familiar with batch editing(?).  I think I'll try and pull the battery first. 

It is the batch tool and it is on the 1st page. You have do download and install it and follow the instructions exactly for it to work. You can't brick the DX90 but if it gets messed up and it can't be updated or it appears to be bricked, then the batch tool has to be used. 

Mar 15, 2015 at 12:05 AM Post #11,368 of 14,084
Pulled the battery and my sd card out.  Restarted the unit.  It went into recovery mode for about 20 seconds and then loaded up normally.  A check of the fw confirms it is now 2.1.8.  I'll play around with it and see if everything is working as usual.   Fingers crossed!  Thanks everyone.  PS. I had pulled the battery before I read tepet08 post about the volume up and power on button!  Good to know!  I'll update after getting everything checked out! 

Mar 15, 2015 at 2:32 AM Post #11,369 of 14,084
  Pulled the battery and my sd card out.  Restarted the unit.  It went into recovery mode for about 20 seconds and then loaded up normally.  A check of the fw confirms it is now 2.1.8.  I'll play around with it and see if everything is working as usual.   Fingers crossed!  Thanks everyone.  PS. I had pulled the battery before I read tepet08 post about the volume up and power on button!  Good to know!  I'll update after getting everything checked out! 

Should be good to go. I would do the factory reset also. It should be done after each update. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back