DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Dec 3, 2014 at 7:30 AM Post #9,452 of 14,084
new owner here , can someone helpout on a few questions regarding the firmware updates ?

1 - i have the stock FW but i want to try the Lurker updates - if i install one of the Lurker FW , does the stock FW remain in the DX90 memory ? if not , where can i download it from the ibasso site ?

2 - can anyone who has the following 2 iems (or similar sounding) tell me which Lurker FW he found best ?

a) RE-272 (or any neutral/balanced iem)

b) RE-600 (or any midcentric/lush iem)

thanx
biggrin.gif

Dec 3, 2014 at 8:54 AM Post #9,453 of 14,084
Just wanted to say thank you to Lurker again. You were right about one other important thing.

I was getting fade in and fade out bug with my music once in a while so I took his advice. I copied my entire micro SD card to an external hard drive and then formated my micro-sd. After that I copied over my original files so that they would be sequenced correctly. It's been over a week now and zero fade outs, not even one.

You are awesome Lurker0
beerchug.gif

Also, I have an opportunity to either get the AK100ii or the HM901 with stock card. Are either of these a nice upgrade to the DX90 or is it just kind of a side-grade or subtle upgrade? Notice I'm only getting the stock card for the HM901 (prolly will get the minibox later when can free up more money)

Dec 3, 2014 at 11:11 AM Post #9,454 of 14,084
  new owner here , can someone helpout on a few questions regarding the firmware updates ?

1 - i have the stock FW but i want to try the Lurker updates - if i install one of the Lurker FW , does the stock FW remain in the DX90 memory ? if not , where can i download it from the ibasso site ?

2 - can anyone who has the following 2 iems (or similar sounding) tell me which Lurker FW he found best ?

a) RE-272 (or any neutral/balanced iem)

b) RE-600 (or any midcentric/lush iem)

thanx
biggrin.gif

B, FAD Heaven VI. Sounded great for me on the Lurker 2.1.5L1 and more so on 2.1.5L2. L1 was slightly brighter/colored if I can properly recall.

Dec 3, 2014 at 12:06 PM Post #9,455 of 14,084
  I dunno if it has been reported before, but using 2.1.5 L2, the UI is missing a line on the top. :)

It is well known about rightmost vertical line at the right, since DX50, so at the top is not a wonder :wink: But do you mean, not in stock, but it is in L2? That's sound weird!

Dec 3, 2014 at 1:03 PM Post #9,456 of 14,084

It is well known about rightmost vertical line at the right, since DX50, so at the top is not a wonder :wink: But do you mean, not in stock, but it is in L2? That's sound weird!

Maybe a factory reset would fix it? I know there was an earlier FW with a line problem but a few later ones were cured with a factory reset. 

Dec 3, 2014 at 1:40 PM Post #9,457 of 14,084
i am currently re-reading all the pages in this thread , but i have a question seeing how fast the battery finishes so i have  question

can i charge the dx while listening ? i have a socket charger but can i also use the usb charger (and do i select charge only in the settings) ?

also , should i use my arrow amp 4g or they won't be any sonic differences whatsoever ?

thanx :)

Dec 3, 2014 at 1:43 PM Post #9,458 of 14,084
i am currently re-reading all the pages in this thread , but i have a question seeing how fast the battery finishes so i have  question

can i charge the dx while listening ? i have a socket charger but can i also use the usb charger (and do i select charge only in the settings) ?

thanx :)

Yes there is an option in the settings menu where you choose the usb function. Dac, storage or charge

Dec 3, 2014 at 8:00 PM Post #9,460 of 14,084

Does anyone have an opinion on this? :)

I have a pretty strong opinion on this.  I initially bought a DX50 planning to use it as a car player through the line out.  I was surprised at what I learned.  I almost immediately found that any DAPs with a touchscreen, by its very nature, is impossible to use without actually looking at the screen.  This means you have to take your eyes off the road while you use the touch screen.  It's as dangerous as texting while driving, so I would not suggest any touchscreen based DAP for car use. 

I also found that most Chinese market DAPs without touchscreens are so cumbersome to control with one hand while driving that it's almost totally impractical to use those as well.  The FiiO X3 is a perfect example.  It's control layout is a counter-intuitive nightmare, and you don't need that aggravation while driving. 

For me, the best car DAP by far is still the Clip+.  Its button layout is so simple and intuitive that you can control most of its funcitions with one hand without even looking at the DAP.  The only downside to the Clip is its tiny screen, which can make it very difficult for those with ageing eyes to read the screen, especially in the car on a sunny day. 

The only other contender I've used is the FiiO X1.  The wheel control is still not as good as the Clip+, but still useable.  Thhe bigger screen is a very welcome upgrade, however, especially with the custom black color theme that you can download in the X1 thread. 

Dec 3, 2014 at 8:07 PM Post #9,461 of 14,084
Look into the new Sony A15/16/17.  High res and no touch screen, plus microSD slot.

Dec 3, 2014 at 8:36 PM Post #9,464 of 14,084
one newbie question here, folks

in the Lurker FW info txt , it says in the end

Instruction For Firmware update:
1, extract the zip file, and copy the update.img into the DX90;
2, once copied, safely disconnect the DX90 from the computer;
3, select Settings--->Advanced--->System update (the system update option appears only after the update.img is inside the DX90);
4, click ΅°OK΅± to start the firmware update;
5, the DX90 will reboot after firmware update completed.
6, select Settings--->Advanced--->Factory Reset to reset the DX90.  This is to avoid conflicts with residual settings from the previous firmware
7, delete the update.img.

i do actions 1-6 but no 7 has me confused

which update.img should i delete ? the one inside the DX90 ? but it's the new copy one - i am confused what i am to do here

Users who are viewing this thread

Back