DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Aug 2, 2014 at 9:20 AM Post #7,591 of 14,084

This method assumes firmware other than 2.0.0 is loaded in the DX90. Well I can't get 2.0.0 out of my DX90 no matter what I do. Batchtool loads and recognizes DX90 every time, but I get an error message when I try to open the firmware using batchtool. I downloaded every version of firmware after 2.0.0 and tried to open each, and same thing.

I can live with 2.0.0, I guess, but I wish everyone would shut up about how great the Lurker firmware is, makes me think I'm missing something. My fault for reading this thread I guess.

I wonder if I could send the DX90 out to get the latest firmware installed, but I am not going to pay to send this thing back to China. That should be a free service by iBasso if they are going to sell their product with this old firmware installed.

Everybody seems to like AK120 but its output impedance is still too high for my TG334s. I can always give the DX90 to my girlfriend because I can't seem to sell anything on this site.

Rant complete.

If you would just do it as iBasso recommends, it will work. No offense but that post was a little silly. iBasso has never recommended using the batchtool and have made upgrades extremely used friendly via it's internal menu. The batch tool was only noted for those that want to backtrack to 2.0 from later FWs, for whatever misguided reason.
wink_face.gif
 Since 2.0 isn't an 'upgrade' it likely doesn't have the needed code for the native installer.

Aug 2, 2014 at 10:11 AM Post #7,593 of 14,084
  My dx90 can't play 5.1 or 7.1 (as they name it) flacs with Lurker FW running.

a. Is there anybody who played them at stock FW?
b. Is that 5.1 thing BS?

5.1 files definitely aren't BS.  I have a number of multi-channel FLAC and DSD files that I can play with my Exasound E28 DAC, which will decode for up to 7.1. I'm hoping that more multi-channel downloads will become available in the future.

Aug 2, 2014 at 10:18 AM Post #7,594 of 14,084
As far as I know DX90 dont do multi channel with any firmware

Aug 2, 2014 at 11:47 AM Post #7,596 of 14,084
OK, first of all I want to thanks to Lurker & nc8000 for providing me a very big help for providing the Lurker 2.1.0 V2 download.

After few hours of listening with my 846, my first impression for the Lurker's fw is I felt that the vocal is better & brighter & forward, Mids are fuller, faster system booting, and I like the new font!!! I have Chinese, English, French, Korean, Japanese songs, all these fonts are more nicer & looks tidier~~  Thanks once more to Lurker for his wonderful fw. 

Aug 2, 2014 at 3:51 PM Post #7,599 of 14,084

My apologies for the rant. However the PDF instructions did not state any means other than the batchtool for upgrading the DX90.

Well if I end up bricking it, ProStudio has offered to update it for free.

The instructions that come with the Firmware updates that can be officially downloaded from the iBasso website state the following.

"Instruction For Firmware update:
1, extract the zip file, and copy the update.img into the DX90;
2, once copied, safely disconnect the DX90 from the computer;
3, select Settings--->Advanced--->System update (the system update option appears only after the update.img is inside the DX90);
4, click ¡°OK¡± to start the firmware update;
5, the DX90 will reboot after firmware update completed. 
6, select Settings--->Advanced--->Factory Reset to reset the DX90.  This is to avoid conflicts with residual settings from the previous firmware
7, delete the update.img."

see:
http://ibasso.com/en/download/index.asp

Everything else is unofficial. Especially the RKbatchtool, which is meant for disaster recovery or reformatting the internal storage, NOT for updating the device.

Reading head-fi.org simply meant you knew too much.:wink:

Aug 2, 2014 at 4:11 PM Post #7,600 of 14,084

This method assumes firmware other than 2.0.0 is loaded in the DX90. Well I can't get 2.0.0 out of my DX90 no matter what I do. Batchtool loads and recognizes DX90 every time, but I get an error message when I try to open the firmware using batchtool. I downloaded every version of firmware after 2.0.0 and tried to open each, and same thing.

I wonder if I could send the DX90 out to get the latest firmware installed, but I am not going to pay to send this thing back to China. That should be a free service by iBasso if they are going to sell their product with this old firmware installed.

There's a README.txt in every version of firmware, and the instructions clearly stated how to upgrade the firmware. It seems like you didn't open them.

Aug 2, 2014 at 4:33 PM Post #7,601 of 14,084

My apologies for the rant. However the PDF instructions did not state any means other than the batchtool for upgrading the DX90.

Well if I end up bricking it, ProStudio has offered to update it for free.

???

Instruction For Firmware update:
3, select Settings--->Advanced--->System update (the system update option appears only after the update.img is inside the DX90);
6, select Settings--->Advanced--->Factory Reset to reset the DX90.  This is to avoid conflicts with residual settings from the previous firmware
7, delete the update.img.

Aug 2, 2014 at 5:26 PM Post #7,602 of 14,084
  ???

Instruction For Firmware update:
6, select Settings--->Advanced--->Factory Reset to reset the DX90.  This is to avoid conflicts with residual settings from the previous firmware
7, delete the update.img.

Thanks everyone I feel like such an idiot. First time I have ever updated any music player ever, so far I used only Cowon and HiFiMan and their stock firmware was OK. It shouldn't have been a problem for me because I write software instructions for a living. However the instructions I write are aircraft maintenance procedures and are very literal. One incorrect result and the aircraft is AOG and I lose a weekend updating my manual.

I did the update first with 2.1.0 then Lurker. Let me tell you the Lurker software really makes my TG334 sing. I say we take up a collection and send this young man some rubles. I would love to hear what extremely bare bones firmware sounds like if that would help.

Aug 2, 2014 at 5:34 PM Post #7,603 of 14,084

Thanks everyone I feel like such an idiot. First time I have ever updated any music player ever, so far I used only Cowon and HiFiMan and their stock firmware was OK. It shouldn't have been a problem for me because I write software instructions for a living. However the instructions I write are aircraft maintenance procedures and are very literal. One incorrect result and the aircraft is AOG and I lose a weekend updating my manual.

I did the update first with 2.1.0 then Lurker. Let me tell you the Lurker software really makes my TG334 sing. I say we take up a collection and send this young man some rubles. I would love to hear what extremely bare bones firmware sounds like if that would help.

The Lurker0 FW takes out most everything so you should be pretty much what the DX90 has. The full benefit of the Sabre dacs, great amp section, you get most everything in a highly pure state, IMO. 

Aug 2, 2014 at 5:35 PM Post #7,604 of 14,084

No reason to apologize...we all have to start somewhere! 
biggrin.gif
  It always seems daunting until you actually do it a couple of times...that's how it was when I started building computers too.
Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Aug 2, 2014 at 6:40 PM Post #7,605 of 14,084
Attempted the installation, copied the file on to the main drive, but when I updated firmware, it didn't reboot. Shut it off and turned it on myself. System info just says V2.1.0 (I haven't updated software since I got it, think that means I had 2.0). Any way to tell if I have this on the DX90?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back