DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Jul 31, 2014 at 7:12 PM Post #7,561 of 14,084
  You can load the regular FW on batchtool. From there on you don't have to use batchtool and you can load Lurker0 FW etc. 

I think Lurker stated that his only loads via the factory upgrade method. Connect as storage, drag and drop to root directory, then select upgrade from the dx90 inboard menu.

Jul 31, 2014 at 7:52 PM Post #7,562 of 14,084

I think Lurker stated that his only loads via the factory upgrade method. Connect as storage, drag and drop to root directory, then select upgrade from the dx90 inboard menu.

Right, that is what I was trying to say. You don't need batchtool to use Lurker0's FW. 

Jul 31, 2014 at 9:38 PM Post #7,563 of 14,084
So far the Lurker0 FW is working well here.  Too early for any sound impressions, but the UI does seem snappy and I haven't experienced a cut out/fade out in the music since loading it.  The new font is a nice improvement as text seems to fit on the screen better. 

Jul 31, 2014 at 10:11 PM Post #7,564 of 14,084
After spending the day with the modded firmware, I've got to say the improvements are not subtle. This is by far the best sounding firmware to date. It's got all the musicality of 2.0, but far more clarity, detail and depth. In short, it sounds great. Really great.

Kudos to Lurker0.

Aug 1, 2014 at 3:38 AM Post #7,565 of 14,084
Hi all.

Great (long!) thread. Loving my new Dx90, a purchase inspired by all you guys....

Just wondered if anyone has tried the DX90 with InEar Stage Divers 2 or 3 IEMs and what their opinions are?
I listen to a wide variety of genres from EDM to classical.....

Welcome to headfi !

To be honest I prefer the Sony XBA-H3 with the DX90 than the SD3 in a quiet environment. But it is mostly a matter of taste and if you need a good isolation the SD3 are much better.
I do not know the SD2, but from what I read before I think they are better for listening to classical. They are more balanced with less bass, a better all rounder IEM.

For me the SD3 are really good for EDM but I still prefer the XBA-H3 with the DX90.

Edit : I'm waiting to receive a silver cable for the SD3 in order to try to improve the pairing with the DX90.

Aug 1, 2014 at 4:52 AM Post #7,567 of 14,084
Lurkers fw is great when it comes to the UI and the font suits the device.

Regarding the sound i cant say much, i feel the original 2.1 was very raw and extremely detailed. This one is very musical.

Great work by Lurkur
I hope these changes get implemented in the next original fw if possible.

Aug 1, 2014 at 6:33 AM Post #7,568 of 14,084
I was amazed with the sound of my DX90 which was shipped with fw2.0, I then ugpraded to fw2.1.0 and spent 2 weeks on it, my enjoyment for the DX90 decreased somewhat. I then applied Lurker0's fw last week, I've fallen for my dx90! I never knew such clarity and musicality existed! (paired with Shure SE425s). 

This is my first "proper" audiophile player, previously owned a Cowon iAudio M3 and the Sony NWZ-X1060.

A rightfully happy owner here!

Aug 1, 2014 at 7:00 AM Post #7,569 of 14,084
I hope these changes get implemented in the next original fw if possible.

I've communicated with iBasso, and there is a big chance that they'll do.

Aug 1, 2014 at 7:38 AM Post #7,571 of 14,084
@lurker0
I went through the official and your 2.1 iteration and after comparison i found the original fw to be very precise, flat and highly detailed.

And yours had a very snappy UI , very responsive.

I hope ibasso takes the good part. And leaves the good things as it is.

its good to have people like you come up with things and ultimately improve on something !!
Respect.

Aug 1, 2014 at 8:32 AM Post #7,573 of 14,084

They sure better do it otherwise I would consider them irresponsible! The changes you made to the firmware have resulted in significant sound improvement, even more so than iBasso could manage over 3 firmwares in my opinion.

It is their FW. I believe that the shell program has some utilities and processor ramping disabled. Same sort of things you do to optimize the sound of a PC and deserves...
beerchug.gif
 Lurker, correct me if I'm wrong.

Aug 1, 2014 at 9:29 AM Post #7,574 of 14,084
hello to all 

i dont know whether this is the right place to ask if its not the place please let me know and i will move it to appropriate place
i thinking of buying over the ear headfone for using it with the DX90, is there any recommendation, i usually listen to mix of JPOP,POP,OST, Instrumental

The requirement for the headfone are :
- Price around $400 USD
- Sound Signature simmilar to IE80 (Which im currently using)
- Can run directly from DX90 with out using any external amp

Thanks

Surya Halim

ps. Sorry for bad English since English is not my first language 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back