DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Jun 20, 2014 at 3:01 AM Post #6,211 of 14,084
  I got my OEM Samsung batteries on ebay. They have different SN and are made in Korea. They sound better. I have heard this with eneloop batteries over others, for different applications but this is more obvious. A cheap upgrade, took me a while to get here. Yes, worth it very, very easily. 

Can you please measure the batteries with a multimeter? Are the originals really delivering at the labelled/stated mAh & voltage, and what about the Samsungs?

Jun 20, 2014 at 3:04 AM Post #6,212 of 14,084
  I got my OEM Samsung batteries on ebay. They have different SN and are made in Korea. They sound better. I have heard this with eneloop batteries over others, for different applications but this is more obvious. A cheap upgrade, took me a while to get here. Yes, worth it very, very easily. 

I was actually under the impression that only the original ones would be better because they are supposed to be better made? The cheap OEM ones might be even worse. 

Jun 20, 2014 at 3:08 AM Post #6,213 of 14,084
Before buying any additional pieces, may I suggest you to try at some 20 recharge cycles with that battery and compare again?

My experience with handphone batteries is one can only tell the good ones from the bad ones after some recharge cycles. I had some batteries which gave good performance initially and then couldn't hold full charge only after 20 recharge cycle or so.

Little point if the good sound you can get will only last 20 recharges. Then you end up with 10+ pcs GS3 lying in your desk drawer.

While that is absolutely true, if these are truly OEM, they will last longer than anything else. The real Samsungs even have an anti overcharge circuit. I was researching eBay and thought Jamoto's link would be a good source. I was going to wait for ebay bucks to buy but now that the cat's out of the bag, just bought a couple myself.

Jun 20, 2014 at 3:10 AM Post #6,214 of 14,084
  I was actually under the impression that only the original ones would be better because they are supposed to be better made? The cheap OEM ones might be even worse. 

OEM means 'original equipment manufacturer'. The issue that you're describing is related to fakes which are rampant in batteries and other electronics on discount sites.

Jun 20, 2014 at 3:13 AM Post #6,215 of 14,084

Can you please measure the batteries with a multimeter? Are the originals really delivering at the labelled/stated mAh & voltage, and what about the Samsungs?

It shouldn't matter because during use, they'll drop V anyway and the DX90 doesn't seem to noticeably change sonically with use after initial warm up. My understanding is that the original battery is a well respected aftermarket battery.

Jun 20, 2014 at 3:15 AM Post #6,216 of 14,084

the only problem with oem models is that the full packing will be absent and u won't get any warranty.

and then there is problem of duplicate equipment,so its risky

Jun 20, 2014 at 3:18 AM Post #6,217 of 14,084
  Interesting. This makes me want to go out and start buying up more OEM Samsung batteries. The one that came with my phone is made in China. Obviously, it's OEM since it came with the phone, but I want to see if I can buy one that's made in Korea.

The 2 types that I know of (since I own both
smile.gif
) are "Cell made in China, Assembled in Korea", and "Cell made in Japan, Assembled in China)" … of the 2, the Japan/China one is better to my ears (meaning I can hear differences in sound with both the DX50 and the DX90 - IMHO, YMMV, etc etc)… so, you might want to check which one is your "China" one: if the former, you should already have the Korea one, if the latter, IMHO you don't need the former, as it may actually be a downgrade
wink.gif

Jun 20, 2014 at 3:26 AM Post #6,218 of 14,084
  I am listening right now and can not believe the difference. As sure as I write this, some will have an OEM and say they hear no difference. :^)  But really, I am alarmed. Mine are made in Korea and show last month as the manufacture date and each one has a different SN number. If I was iBasso, I would charge a little more and only sell the DX90 or 50 with these batteries. I am going to order a couple of more. The sound is just different but quality. I am very surprised since I was already biased against any real difference. Now who wants to buy some Anker batteries? Kidding. But these are the only batteries I am going to be using. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-OEM-EB-L1G6LLU-Samsung-Galaxy-S-III-Verizon-i535-Battery-2100mAh-EBL1G6LLU-/121360170339?ssPageName=ADME:L:OU:US:1120

This is where I bought mine. 

Interesting, as Jamato8's link is to a 3rd and different type of OEM battery that I don't have and that I didn't know of: "Cell made in Korea, assembled in China" …. but it does have the same PN (EB-L1G6LLU) as my Japan/China one, so I can well believe it should sound the same 
smile.gif
… 

To M-13: please interpret my advice above ^^^ with an additional grain of salt 
redface.gif

Jun 20, 2014 at 5:21 AM Post #6,221 of 14,084
  The 2 types that I know of (since I own both
smile.gif
) are "Cell made in China, Assembled in Korea", and "Cell made in Japan, Assembled in China)" … of the 2, the Japan/China one is better to my ears (meaning I can hear differences in sound with both the DX50 and the DX90 - IMHO, YMMV, etc etc)… so, you might want to check which one is your "China" one: if the former, you should already have the Korea one, if the latter, IMHO you don't need the former, as it may actually be a downgrade
wink.gif

Actually mine say "Cell Made in Korea, Assembled in China" so now there are 3 types. I can upload a photo if you don't believe me. Haha
  I am listening right now and can not believe the difference. As sure as I write this, some will have an OEM and say they hear no difference. :^)  But really, I am alarmed. Mine are made in Korea and show last month as the manufacture date and each one has a different SN number. If I was iBasso, I would charge a little more and only sell the DX90 or 50 with these batteries. I am going to order a couple of more. The sound is just different but quality. I am very surprised since I was already biased against any real difference. Now who wants to buy some Anker batteries? Kidding. But these are the only batteries I am going to be using. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-OEM-EB-L1G6LLU-Samsung-Galaxy-S-III-Verizon-i535-Battery-2100mAh-EBL1G6LLU-/121360170339?ssPageName=ADME:L:OU:US:1120

This is where I bought mine. 

So I walked into a Samsung Store in Seoul, South Korea and bought a brand new OEM battery. "CELL MADE IN JAPAN, ASSEMBLED IN KOREA" with manufacter date of 04/2014

I will try them and let everyone know of my results.

Jun 20, 2014 at 6:27 AM Post #6,223 of 14,084
There is one more type M-13, mine is made and assembled in China. But as I said before, I don't think that there should be much if any difference between all the different Samsung OEM batteries. If you've ordered from ebay and got a original, please post a link to the item.

Jun 20, 2014 at 6:58 AM Post #6,224 of 14,084
Okay I found the fabled Unicorn of Samsung batteries. "Made in Korea"

That's it, straight up made in one place with both the cell and assembly. I'm assuming both the cells and assembly was done in Korea. (I went back to the Samsung Store)

So I just did a face off against the 2200 Anker, and yes it does sound better. There is improved clarity and the bass sounds more tight, extended; also has more air and focus to the music. It sounds better seperated/holographic. Everything sounds a bit loose/fuzzier with the Anker. The Samsung Made in Korea also sounds more dynamic, adding some hefty punch. The dynamics now exceed the X5, which was the other way around before the battery swap.

Hmm...

So yeah my other OEM S3 battery assembled in China (came with my original Samsung S3 phone) sounded a little worse than the Anker, this one sounds noticeably better.

I will be doing A/B'ing more extensively using all three + the original DX90 Pisen battery just to make sure I'm not full of schiit. Haha. I will try to set up a blind test with the help of some friends if possible. I wanna "keep it real".

But yeah the Made in Korea battery does sound pretty substantially better at the moment, it's kind of borderline where I don't even need to bother doing any more tests. I will, just for the sake of science and the pride of a skeptic.

Jun 20, 2014 at 9:10 AM Post #6,225 of 14,084
  Interesting, as Jamato8's link is to a 3rd and different type of OEM battery that I don't have and that I didn't know of: "Cell made in Korea, assembled in China" …. but it does have the same PN (EB-L1G6LLU) as my Japan/China one, so I can well believe it should sound the same 
smile.gif
… 

I think you know this but the part # does not necessarity mean it is identical - in size yes, but SQ not so much apparently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back