DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Jun 16, 2014 at 5:51 AM Post #6,137 of 14,084
Hi there,

I've got the DX90 now for about a month (& loving it)...
Till now I mostly used it with full size hp's (Grado PS500 / GS1000 & there's a 2nd hand LCD2 on it's way over here).

Last year I sold my Shure SE535's because I didn't like them (to harsh sounding, prefered the SE215) with the DX50. One of these days I want to order one of the following three IEM's to use with it...but I'm still in doubt which one will have best synergy with the DX90

Westone W40
Dunu DN2000
JVC FX850

I'm a sucker for good detail, soundstage & (sub)bass.
Any advise/ suggestions?
Thanks in advance...

Jun 16, 2014 at 5:54 AM Post #6,138 of 14,084
  Hi there,

Till now I mostly used it with full size hp's (Grado PS500 / GS1000 & there's a 2nd hand LCD2 on it's way over here).

Last year I sold my Shure SE535's because I didn't like them (to harsh sounding, prefered the SE215) with the DX50. One of these days I want to order one of the following three IEM's to use with it...but I'm still in doubt which one will have best synergy with the DX90

Westone W40
Dunu DN2000
JVC FX850

Any advise/ suggestions?
Thanks in advance...

earsonics sm64

Jun 16, 2014 at 6:22 AM Post #6,139 of 14,084
  Hi there,

Westone W40
Dunu DN2000
JVC FX850

Any advise/ suggestions?
Thanks in advance...

The DN-2000 and DX90 goes very well together. 

Jun 16, 2014 at 6:41 AM Post #6,140 of 14,084
Guys please,i need serious confirmation that original Samsung battery sounds better and its not imaginary:)
There is no logic behind the statement and i have already got 6 spare ones:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Jun 16, 2014 at 6:56 AM Post #6,141 of 14,084
Guys please,i need serious confirmation that original Samsung battery sounds better and its not imaginary:)
There is no logic behind the statement and i have already got 6 spare ones:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

If you head over to the DX50 thread, you'll find a lot of positive opinions on the difference that the original Samsung "made in Japan, assembled in China" batteries makes (better than the "made in China, assembled in Korea" ones)… FWIW, I do have one, and, to my ears and IMHO, it IS better.

Jun 16, 2014 at 6:59 AM Post #6,142 of 14,084

It's showing up in FAT32. I'm just going to try it out in other devices when I get a chance. At least I have some internal memory to use for now.

If it's one of the large capacity cards (64 gb or higher), the fact that it's already FAT32 is actually a bit strange, as they usually come formatted in Exfat...

I would definitely try to reformat it as a first step, that alone might help solve your problems… and I would personally first try formatting it in FAT32, then, if you still have problems, in Exfat.

Jun 16, 2014 at 7:06 AM Post #6,143 of 14,084
If you head over to the DX50 thread, you'll find a lot of positive opinions on the difference that the original Samsung "made in Japan, assembled in China" batteries makes (better than the "made in China, assembled in Korea" ones)… FWIW, I do have one, and, to my ears and IMHO, it IS better.

Thanks geagle,
I guess the only question left is how do i know which one is which online in uk?

Jun 16, 2014 at 7:28 AM Post #6,144 of 14,084
You could call them, my Samsung battery was produced /assembled in China and it also sounds a lot better then the stock Pisen one. I don't think there should be much difference between the Samsung ones, they all should be close to having the same specs I think.

Jun 16, 2014 at 7:38 AM Post #6,145 of 14,084
Hi there,

Westone W40

Dunu DN2000

JVC FX850

Any advise/ suggestions?

Thanks in advance...

How does your Grado cans sound with DX90? I just got the SR80I and I like details on both mids and highs. The bass though not big but is very solid and tight and I like the texture.

I'm considering moving to a 325I.

Jun 16, 2014 at 8:08 AM Post #6,146 of 14,084

Hi there,

Westone W40
  Dunu DN2000
  JVC FX850

Any advise/ suggestions?
  Thanks in advance...

How does your Grado cans sound with DX90? I just got the SR80I and I like details on both mids and highs. The bass though not big but is very solid and tight and I like the texture.

I'm considering moving to a 325I.

With the DX50 I like the LO => BH2 => GS1000. Especially the soundstage is spectaculair with this hp. The warm sounding DAC chip WM8740 goes well with it. The GS1000 with DX90 just sounds to bright & therefor fatiguing to my ears...

With the DX90 I prefer the PS500 straight out of HO, because imo it has better (controlled) bass and it gives lots of details...

I never had/tried any other Grado's (would like to try the RS1 for myself in the future), so unfortunately I can't help you on the 325i...

Jun 16, 2014 at 9:47 AM Post #6,147 of 14,084
Wasn't today supposed to be the next date for the 64bit DAC driver?  Anyone heard any updates?

Jun 16, 2014 at 10:33 AM Post #6,149 of 14,084

Just out of curiosity...did you do the full H2TESTW write and read test to verify that the 63GB is all good?

No, it was taking forever :D I'm going over to a friend's house later on with the card to see if it works fine with his phone, and test his microsd with the DX90.

It was when I saw the writing speed that I already became suspicious something is wrong.

Jun 16, 2014 at 10:42 AM Post #6,150 of 14,084

No, it was taking forever :D I'm going over to a friend's house later on with the card to see if it works fine with his phone, and test his microsd with the DX90.

It was when I saw the writing speed that I already became suspicious something is wrong.

Dude, the reason for H2TESTW is to test the ability of the card to actually read and write ~64GB of data which is exactly what the app does. You will never know if the card is healthy unless you do the entire test. And yes it does take a while to perform. It actually writes 64GB of data and then reads it back looking for errors. Then you know...not just the silly read and write speed data which is useless anyway....

Speaking of read & write speeds....audio/music files are not sensitive to this even if it is 'slow'. Only stuff like HD video recording & playback would matter. Even a very slow card will playback audio files just fine.

Your problems are undoubtedly related to having a bogus SD card and the sooner you test it to VERIFY it's health the better off you and all of us trying to help you will be....DO IT!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back