DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Jun 16, 2014 at 12:19 PM Post #6,151 of 14,084
Does anyone have any insider info on when the download for the 64bit usb dac will be popping up?

Jun 16, 2014 at 1:39 PM Post #6,152 of 14,084
  Does anyone have any insider info on when the download for the 64bit usb dac will be popping up?

I second this. :) It's been two weeks since the promised release date originally. Then the second promised release date was last week, correct? 

I'm thinking of partitioning my HD and installing a 2nd OS, 32 bit windows, just so I can use the DX90 as a DAC.

Jun 16, 2014 at 2:09 PM Post #6,153 of 14,084

are you using a separate/external amp for the th900 or is the dx90 enough to make them sing. I'm thinking of getting a th900 soon if one comes up for sale in Australia for the right price :) cheers

I normally just use the DX90 to drive them. It no problem providing an open an enjoyable sound while driving the TH900. The TH900 take some time to burn in. They are a little heavy sound at first but with time the bass cleans up, becomes much better defined and the phones become much more transparent and there is better layering. Much like the DX90. :^)

Jun 16, 2014 at 3:22 PM Post #6,154 of 14,084

Dude, the reason for H2TESTW is to test the ability of the card to actually read and write ~64GB of data which is exactly what the app does. You will never know if the card is healthy unless you do the entire test. And yes it does take a while to perform. It actually writes 64GB of data and then reads it back looking for errors. Then you know...not just the silly read and write speed data which is useless anyway....

Speaking of read & write speeds....audio/music files are not sensitive to this even if it is 'slow'. Only stuff like HD video recording & playback would matter. Even a very slow card will playback audio files just fine.

Your problems are undoubtedly related to having a bogus SD card and the sooner you test it to VERIFY it's health the better off you and all of us trying to help you will be....DO IT!

Ok, so I was at my buddy's house. He has the same exact 64gb sandisk microsd card in his Samsung Galaxy S4. I popped it into my DX90 and it read all of his music files without a problem, I also played around with it a bit skipped tracks, FF and RW for a few minutes to make sure that my DX90 doesn't freeze. Also when we physically looked at the cards it was pretty obvious that my card (although they did a great job!) didn't look quite right. something was off with the print.

I'll try to do the full test just for the fun of it anyway, thanks for all the advice fellas.

Jun 16, 2014 at 3:42 PM Post #6,155 of 14,084

Ok, so I was at my buddy's house. He has the same exact 64gb sandisk microsd card in his Samsung Galaxy S4. I popped it into my DX90 and it read all of his music files without a problem, I also played around with it a bit skipped tracks, FF and RW for a few minutes to make sure that my DX90 doesn't freeze. Also when we physically looked at the cards it was pretty obvious that my card (although they did a great job!) didn't look quite right. something was off with the print.

I'll try to do the full test just for the fun of it anyway, thanks for all the advice fellas.

Sandisk cards are pretty inexpensive now for the 64gb. I was paying 60 dollars and then down from there. I have many and they all play and I got them all off of Amazon. I also have two 128gb Sandisk cards, the last one for 99 dollars and they work great. I would just get a couple of good cards from a known source and move on. And I would file a complaint and get a refund. I have had some other items that were fraudulent and filed a complaint and the money was refunded, they didn't even want the item back. So it was left to me to throw it away. 

Jun 16, 2014 at 9:29 PM Post #6,156 of 14,084

Mine is real tight also. I took a really thin knife edge and very carefully got it between the body and the back and opened it about 1/8 of an inch. At least you know it won't come off when you don't want it to. :^) The edge could mar the back though so another way is to use some velcro to the back and on another surface and use that to open it by pulling it open towards the end and then lifting it off.  

It's the other way around for me. I got no problem taking the backplate off. I just pressed on the backplate with my thumb firmly but not very hard and it slide off easily wih a firm push. However, when putting it back on, it won't go all the way and stuck at 1/8 inch of a gap. No matter how hard I push with my thumb it won't budge. I had to push it aginst the wall to completely shut it close. I tried it the 2nd time and it's the same. I examine the edges of the plate and compared it to my DX50 but I can't see any noticeable difference.

Maybe it's just too tight by a hair.

I also I did not have any problem removing the backplate following your instructions. But now, it may sound funny, I cannot find a way of removing the battery. It is so tight there that I cannot find a place to grab it and pull it out. How did you do it?  

Thank!

Jun 16, 2014 at 9:49 PM Post #6,157 of 14,084

I also I did not have any problem removing the backplate following your instructions. But now, it may sound funny, I cannot find a way of removing the battery. It is so tight there that I cannot find a place to grab it and pull it out. How did you do it?  

Thank!

With the back off I just smack the open back against my other hand and let the inertia move it out. 

Ok, I just took the back off with just my hand, xxnm that is one snug fit! lol Anyway, I then did just as described, hitting the open back against my other palm and the battery comes right out. 

I have ordered 3 OEM Samsung batteries, cells from Korea and assembled in China. I have read good things of these also and I can't find any from Japan. So I am going to parallel 2 of them and leave the other single, obviously. I have so many batteries now it is crazy but they aren't that expensive and this is one of my few hobbies. So, I better hear a difference! :^) 

Jun 17, 2014 at 12:10 AM Post #6,159 of 14,084
  With the back off I just smack the open back against my other hand and let the inertia move it out. 

Ok, I just took the back off with just my hand, xxnm that is one snug fit! lol Anyway, I then did just as described, hitting the open back against my other palm and the battery comes right out. 

I have ordered 3 OEM Samsung batteries, cells from Korea and assembled in China. I have read good things of these also and I can't find any from Japan. So I am going to parallel 2 of them and leave the other single, obviously. I have so many batteries now it is crazy but they aren't that expensive and this is one of my few hobbies. So, I better hear a difference! :^) 

Thanks Jamato8,
it worked very well. Three hits on my hand and it was out.
Same Korean cells battery, I also could not find any from Japan.

Jun 17, 2014 at 2:15 AM Post #6,160 of 14,084

I do not know if Samsung batteries used to get a better sound, but I can tell you that the "no name" that I received instead of the original promised by the site, degrade the sound significantly 
biggrin.gif

Jun 17, 2014 at 3:08 AM Post #6,161 of 14,084
  Sandisk cards are pretty inexpensive now for the 64gb. I was paying 60 dollars and then down from there. I have many and they all play and I got them all off of Amazon. I also have two 128gb Sandisk cards, the last one for 99 dollars and they work great. I would just get a couple of good cards from a known source and move on. And I would file a complaint and get a refund. I have had some other items that were fraudulent and filed a complaint and the money was refunded, they didn't even want the item back. So it was left to me to throw it away. 

Unfortunately, I ordered this card quite some time ago hoping it would come in together with the DX90. I ordered the card around late February..I waited a long time for stock to arrive at mp4nation, and even had the package return to them on the first shipment for some odd reason so the 30 day gap for a refund is long gone according to ebay. I'll just have to be more careful from now on and make sure that if there is something wrong with the product, then file a complaint within the first month.

It's good that there is some on board memory. So far I have had no troubles with it at all and it sounds fantastic :) Just seems like gapless isn't working perfectly which doesn't really bother me that much. I can't believe how small this thing yet it produces so much oomph.

Jun 17, 2014 at 9:02 AM Post #6,162 of 14,084
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamato8   

You're certainly committed. I think it will work fine but the only issue I could see is charging in parallel. I don't think it's and problem but there are 2 separate circuits in the batteries. Guess we'll know when you try. Better sound from a lower source impedance, more capacity and similar size of the medium Anker would be great.
bigsmile_face.gif

Jun 17, 2014 at 12:01 PM Post #6,163 of 14,084
I just bought the Samsung battery directly from Samsung. Normal price is $24.99 but half off for Samsung registered users: 
Coupon Code:r526yy5

50% off Samsung mobile phone accessories. Limit 5 items per household. Items must be $49.99 or less. Must log in with a Samsung Account (though it is free and easy to set one up). Does not work for tablet accessories - only mobile phone accessories.

Total cost with shipping to the U.S: $17.19

Jun 17, 2014 at 12:15 PM Post #6,164 of 14,084
So thanks to this thread I got curious about how well the Samsung battery sounds vs. my Anker 2200mah.

So spent the last twenty minutes comparing various 10 second clips and doing a quick battery swap. I had the cover off the whole time, using my hand to hold the battery in place, using the IE800.

My conclusion: I just wasted 20 minutes of my life. Anker battery sounds a little better than the Samsung. The difference is really slight. I would say the Samsung sounds a little thinner and airier, but at the same time sounds more diffussed and veiled. The Anker sounds more full also sounds more focused while the Samsung is just a little bit more hazy.

The difference is really really small. It took a lot of tries, repeated over and over again on various clips.

But yeah, for those of you with Anker batteries I'd say don't waste your time. I haven't done the stock battery yet. I'll get to that when I have time.

Jun 17, 2014 at 12:33 PM Post #6,165 of 14,084
No.....I just wasted more money. Lol

and I need more batteries ..no I need no more. I think mine will be better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back