DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Jun 12, 2014 at 9:48 PM Post #6,077 of 14,084
Jun 12, 2014 at 9:55 PM Post #6,078 of 14,084
Hi guys, am new here.
Dont know so much about in ear headphones.
and its a kind of offtopic question.
am interested in the ibasso dx90 and the sennheiser ie800.
saw these 2 have different frequencies.

Ibasso dx90 = 17hz - 20khz
sennheiser ie 800= 5hz -45000 khz

Is the sennheiser ie800 overkill for the ibasso dx90?
Will it benefit the frequencie of the sennheiser ie800?

Thanks

All frequency range specs given by companies are meaningless.  They have to provide graph to have any idea of how the headphone response is regarding power out at the audible frequency range.  Golden ears, Rin, Tyll measures them, but they are not consistent among each other as they probably have differing measurement philosophies.  There are lots of measured information such as impedance, headphone loudness per power input, impulse response, square wave response, and etc..  

You may want to look into Sean Olive if you want to find more about flat response and how the curve looks that we perceive as flat(it's not flat).  Believe me, it's not flat like DAP sweep graph.  This brings into question of how we hear vs graphs, so don't rely so much on graphs.  If you go to Golden Ears, you will see measured and results after lots of compensation added for taking account of variables we are aware of that affects our auditory senses.  Maximum we hear is 20k, and with good population hearing less.  We lose high frequency sensitivity as we age.  To get the right headphones, you want is research a lot, gain knowledge of basic audio electronic concepts, figure out who is BSing on the forum and who is not(I would ask those that have good experience that can be trusted to give you honest advice), notice hypes, and most importantly listen to gear yourself as lots of what is written is quite subjective.

Jun 13, 2014 at 2:17 AM Post #6,079 of 14,084
Hi guys, am new here.
Dont know so much about in ear headphones.
and its a kind of offtopic question.
am interested in the ibasso dx90 and the sennheiser ie800.
saw these 2 have different frequencies.

Ibasso dx90 = 17hz - 20khz
sennheiser ie 800= 5hz -45000 khz

Is the sennheiser ie800 overkill for the ibasso dx90?
Will it benefit the frequencie of the sennheiser ie800?

Thanks

I would say go for it - I have tried the combination and it was impressive, even more so with a decent amp!
Remember to use Google Shopping to check for the best deals! DO NOT get the Sennheisers at MSRP!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 13, 2014 at 6:09 AM Post #6,080 of 14,084
I have the IE800 + DX90 combo and it's killer. Spacious, detailed, netural with impressive slam. Kind of hard to believe such little drivers making such a big sound.

Jun 13, 2014 at 7:59 AM Post #6,081 of 14,084
i saw in your blog.that you tried it out with multiple in earphones too?
Did you prefer the sennheiser ie800 with the dx90 above the other in earphones?

Google translate is not perfect but got general impressions from you
smily_headphones1.gif

They all have great synergy with dx90.I prefer the ie800 because it is a higher tier than the other three

Jun 13, 2014 at 8:49 AM Post #6,082 of 14,084
So my OEM Samsung battery is in and although I was pretty sceptical I have to agree that the difference is quite obvious. Although I've only listened to one song so far. The song I've picked to test is Breathe in the Air by Pink Floyd in 16/44 flac. Below are my findings and I thing they compare well to the previous findings.

1: First impression is that the recording gets better separation thus feels less congested.
2: When listening with the Samsung battery installed I noticed I could hear the bass drum in a very natural way. It really felt like I could see/feel the skin of the drum move. Switching over to the Pisen battery did not give me the same impression, like the bass just got less tight.
3: Then while listening with the Pisen battery I felt that the long guitar notes in the first minute sounded very harsh and really unpleasant at higher volume. So memorizing this sound and switching to the Samsung battery made a significant improvement. Not only did it feel like the highs of the DX90 improved thus probably make it sound more airy, it also got rid of most of the harshness.

So I would say that the battery makes the bass more controlled, highs extend more and be smoother and bringing a bigger sense of air and seperation in the playback. I will have to do some blind test to confirm it but I don't know if I'm able to distinguish them that way since the DX90 sounds pretty amazing as is with the Pisen battery. I hope somebody is able to A/B the batteries or make measurements. Do with it what you want, your ears are what matter.

While writing this I was listening to some DnB (Chinois by Aphrodite in 16/44 flac), Samsung battery makes it smoother, less harsh and less congested. Also the kick drum becomes more distinguable.

Jun 13, 2014 at 4:32 PM Post #6,085 of 14,084
OK, trying not to angst up here but...

1 Bought DX90 and delivered today. Now fully charged and ready to play.

2 Have 3 x Sandisk 64gb ultra cards loaded with high res music. Max = 192 / 24bit

3 Worked fine on FiiO X5 and should on DX90 as same format requirement - yes? (FAT 32)

4 Music files / art showing up on DX90 but no sound beyond a low volume whine.

Err...help?

No instructions included and none seem to be available on iBasso site. Concerned consumer at this stage.

Jun 13, 2014 at 4:46 PM Post #6,087 of 14,084
OK, trying not to angst up here but...

1 Bought DX90 and delivered today. Now fully charged and ready to play.

2 Have 3 x Sandisk 64gb ultra cards loaded with high res music. Max = 192 / 24bit

3 Worked fine on FiiO X5 and should on DX90 as same format requirement - yes? (FAT 32)

4 Music files / art showing up on DX90 but no sound beyond a low volume whine.

Err...help?

No instructions included and none seem to be available on iBasso site. Concerned consumer at this stage.

Maybe you plugged your earphones in the Coax Out? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back