DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Jun 11, 2014 at 1:10 PM Post #6,046 of 14,084
Dx90 behaving a bit better,able to charge) but battery life is a bit disappointing),sometimes it shows on my pc as an external drive,sometimes not,must be something I'm doing wrong in settings,but I can't figure it out.

Did you try a different USB cable? I have on that dose that and realized it could charge but the other connectors are bad. 

Jun 11, 2014 at 1:19 PM Post #6,047 of 14,084
  dx90 mp3 (320kbps 16/44.1) playback: 8.5hrs

dx90 flac (level 6, 16/44.1) playback: 4.5

Rough figures with phonak 232 at normal volumes and no browsing or other activity in between

thanks for posting the information. i'm using flac level 5 and i haven't timed it, but think what i'm getting is comparable. i'm going to try timing it in the future.

Jun 11, 2014 at 2:14 PM Post #6,050 of 14,084
I am running DSD files right now, running around 210. They are sampled to 24/88 and sound very good. I want to see how long the DX90 will run doing all this conversion. 

Jun 11, 2014 at 3:34 PM Post #6,051 of 14,084
  dx90 mp3 (320kbps 16/44.1) playback: 8.5hrs

dx90 flac (level 6, 16/44.1) playback: 4.5

Rough figures with phonak 232 at normal volumes and no browsing or other activity in between

thanks for posting the information. i'm using flac level 5 and i haven't timed it, but think what i'm getting is comparable. i'm going to try timing it in the future.

Me too.  About 4.5 to 5 hours with FLAC level 5 compression.

Jun 11, 2014 at 4:22 PM Post #6,054 of 14,084
I loaded a 128gb micro card with 124gb's of DSD. It scanned in just under one minute. Quite a surprise. I would guess due to the lower number of files but still that is pretty good. I have run the 90 now at 210 for volume with DSD files for just under 2 hours and one notch on the battery indicator is gone. 

Jun 12, 2014 at 1:11 AM Post #6,055 of 14,084
Allright. Things observed so far

1. The samsung battery is way better then the original one. Increased base a bit warm sounding and no more fatigue due to highs. But the original battery could be to blame.

2. I am still looking for a can to suit the dx90
Got the Mdr-1r mk2 recently and its a no go with the dx90 till now , i cant hear it even for 15 mins due to the highs. Though good sound stage and instrument separation. But the overall sound feels very coloured and artificial. I hope burn in would change things.

For me the gr07 vsonic suits the dx90, a pinch of bass would have been perfect.
Its cold fast bass punchy and great highs.

Is there a full size headphone with a sound signature just like the gr07 or similar. ?

Jun 12, 2014 at 2:21 AM Post #6,056 of 14,084

1. The samsung battery is way better then the original one. Increased base a bit warm sounding and no more fatigue due to highs. But the original battery could be to blame.

Got the Mdr-1r mk2 recently and its a no go with the dx90 till now , i cant hear it even for 15 mins due to the highs. Though good sound stage and instrument separation. But the overall sound feels very coloured and artificial. I hope burn in would change things.

Is there a full size headphone with a sound signature just like the gr07 or similar. ?

May I suggest Yamaha HPH-MT220? Soundstage a bit narrow from the DX90 HO (wider from other sources) but the sound signature fit the DX90

Jun 12, 2014 at 2:29 AM Post #6,057 of 14,084

Where is your Samsung battery made? 

Jun 12, 2014 at 4:19 AM Post #6,058 of 14,084

But 0 level compressed flac files are still smaller in size than WAV files.

0 level compression is my habit which I developed while using my Rockboxed iPod Video 5g (the purpose was to ensure that iPod's processor does not need to spend to much memory on de-compression of the files).

Jun 12, 2014 at 7:10 AM Post #6,060 of 14,084

I found the same thing, my Samsung battery (Cell made in Japan, Assembled in China) is much better than stock:

Highs have more detail but at the same time are less harsh than stock battery, the highs are smooth and airy, (the harsh highs of the stock battery actually blur the treble detail). Also the bass extends very noticeably deeper than stock battery and the sound stage is ever so slightly more open.

These sound observations led me to believe that the Samsung battery may quite well have a lower internal impedance than the stock battery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back