DX50 Bug List, Wish List Fix
Oct 23, 2013 at 3:59 PM Post #871 of 1,212
Oct 23, 2013 at 4:46 PM Post #873 of 1,212

thanks purk worked for me. wonder why it only scans that way now? i'm sure on the previous firmware(s) it would scan if the card was already inserted upon boot up.

i believe it is only on first boot. my dx50 scans everytime after the first initial scan.

Oct 23, 2013 at 5:43 PM Post #874 of 1,212

thanks purk worked for me. wonder why it only scans that way now? i'm sure on the previous firmware(s) it would scan if the card was already inserted upon boot up.

No problem.  I still think a "manual scan" selection should be made available in the player.  With the scanning issue mostly resolved, I have no problem recommending this players to friends & colleague.  Still the ultra sensitive screen still drive me crazy from time to time.  

Oct 23, 2013 at 5:44 PM Post #875 of 1,212
Okay.  This is weird.  I just installed 1.2.2.  The installation appears to have been successful.  However, now up on startup instead of doing a media scan every time I turn the unit on, it won't do a media scan at all. 

The only way I can play files off the SD card is through the Directory menu.  My album and Artist folders are empty. 

How do I get the DX50 to do a media scan now? 

Oct 23, 2013 at 7:54 PM Post #877 of 1,212
  see post 868 on the previous page :)

Thanks!  I get it now.  Every time you insert a new card (with the system powered ON), it asks if you want to do a media scan.  I noticed they've also added a little "X" in the top right-hand corner of the "Media scanning..." screen, so you can cancel the scan in the event it hangs up.  Much better system than before, where it would just attempt to scan the card every time you power on. 

However, iBasso has to start doing at least SOMETHING about documentation for the DX50.  At very least, they could have explained the new scan procedure (i.e. via card insertion) in the release notes that came with the v.1.2.2 update.  If not for this forum, I don't know how long it would have taken me to stumble across the new procedure.  I can only imagine how many emails iBasso must be getting from confused DX50 owners who aren't reading this particular thread! 

Oct 24, 2013 at 4:11 AM Post #879 of 1,212
I really second the documention and FAQ from iBassso.

I also would like to have a command in the advanced setting to "perform media scan".

Haven't checked that all files were in the albums after my 1.2.2 FW update, but all albums got in there, same as with 1.2.

Oct 24, 2013 at 11:31 AM Post #881 of 1,212
The cover art show up properly once the file is being played.  But no thumbnail on the scrolling lists.
31.gif

Oct 24, 2013 at 9:25 PM Post #882 of 1,212
This may be a long stretch but i know alot of mp3 players do it. Is there any chance the DX50 can or will be able to read files as their Metadata title name instead of the name of the file (example: filename.flac).  

Oct 24, 2013 at 9:33 PM Post #883 of 1,212
i think mine just have some super weird jump track issue.....

i found that inside my album have this cue file.....once i deleted...the album will play fine...else it will jump track... :frowning2:

once deleted, need to scan the sd card again by eject and plug back the sd card.

Oct 25, 2013 at 5:34 AM Post #885 of 1,212
CUE file for APE and FLAC is not working. I have a single APE/Flac file for an entire album with a corresponding CUE file. The player can read the cue file content and shows correct tract info when moving to next track. But it will ALWAYS play the first song no matter what I do. I've even rescan the external SD card multiple times to no avail. Any idea?

After a shut down, how to turn on the unit? Press the button once? or press it for a few seconds? I tried multiple ways, but 9 out of 10 times, it just show me the "iBasso Audio Digital Audio Player" screen for 3 seconds, then turn off by itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back