DX50 Bug List, Wish List Fix
Oct 25, 2013 at 6:16 AM Post #886 of 1,212
  CUE file for APE and FLAC is not working. I have a single APE/Flac file for an entire album with a corresponding CUE file. The player can read the cue file content and shows correct tract info when moving to next track. But it will ALWAYS play the first song no matter what I do. I've even rescan the external SD card multiple times to no avail. Any idea?

After a shut down, how to turn on the unit? Press the button once? or press it for a few seconds? I tried multiple ways, but 9 out of 10 times, it just show me the "iBasso Audio Digital Audio Player" screen for 3 seconds, then turn off by itself.

normally i count for 2 or 3 :) over press might result the unit to hang at the ibasso screen....haha

Oct 25, 2013 at 12:00 PM Post #887 of 1,212
CUE file for APE and FLAC is not working. I have a single APE/Flac file for an entire album with a corresponding CUE file. The player can read the cue file content and shows correct tract info when moving to next track. But it will ALWAYS play the first song no matter what I do. I've even rescan the external SD card multiple times to no avail. Any idea?

Try deleting off your DX50, then unplugging so it can rescan. Then plug back in and copy everything over except .cue files.
That's what worked for me

Oct 25, 2013 at 9:20 PM Post #888 of 1,212

After a shut down, how to turn on the unit? Press the button once? or press it for a few seconds? I tried multiple ways, but 9 out of 10 times, it just show me the "iBasso Audio Digital Audio Player" screen for 3 seconds, then turn off by itself.

Miggt be a dumb question, but is your battery flat?

Oct 25, 2013 at 11:51 PM Post #889 of 1,212
This happens to me too. Try turning off the Gapless function, it looks like with this function turned on it prevents the playback of the cue file.  That seems to work for me but still has the problem of not playing the first second of every track.

Oct 27, 2013 at 11:15 PM Post #890 of 1,212
  This happens to me too. Try turning off the Gapless function, it looks like with this function turned on it prevents the playback of the cue file.  That seems to work for me but still has the problem of not playing the first second of every track.

i've disabled gapless

Miggt be a dumb question, but is your battery flat?

as flat as an airport runway, battery looks ok

Try deleting off your DX50, then unplugging so it can rescan. Then plug back in and copy everything over except .cue files.
That's what worked for me

if i remove cue file, means the player will always play entire album as a single track, and without track info, no? i am trying to isolate those working and not working and trying to find out what is the difference

normally i count for 2 or 3 :) over press might result the unit to hang at the ibasso screen....haha

thanks!!! this single suggestion saved me from going insane, it definitely have higher success rate than how i am currently doing it

Oct 27, 2013 at 11:50 PM Post #891 of 1,212
  i've disabled gapless

as flat as an airport runway, battery looks ok

if i remove cue file, means the player will always play entire album as a single track, and without track info, no? i am trying to isolate those working and not working and trying to find out what is the difference

thanks!!! this single suggestion saved me from going insane, it definitely have higher success rate than how i am currently doing it

you are most welcome....sometimes i accidentally over press the power and it lead my unit to hang as well...what you need to do is...press the power button for 7 seconds...and it will do a reset ...and then your unit shoudl come back alive....if hang again..just do the same trick ....

if only ibasso make the unit to have a power on led indicator...then we wouldnt need to self time the power on timing :wink:

Oct 28, 2013 at 3:53 AM Post #892 of 1,212
Cue sheet is driving me nuts, might as well just declare they dont support cue sheet totally until further notice.
After factory reset and a full rescan, finally another couple album's cue sheet is working as expected. Therefore i went through other album to check if the album art is showing or the cue file is working. Plug to my pc a few times to update the album art etc etc. After a few hours, thought of finally call it a day for editing and want to enjoy my music. Dang, cue file that work a few hours ago doesnt work now, not even after a factory reset and a full scanning. It is this kind of instability, not knowing exactly how it is broken that is driving me nuts.

Oct 28, 2013 at 4:54 AM Post #896 of 1,212
The only two bug that is left in iBasso DX50:

1 - has been introduced with the newest firmware - albums with several cd-s on them are not properly ordered - 1 track (cd1), 1 track (cd2), 2 track (cd1), 2 track (cd2). This only happens in album mode, not in artist -->album which is a bit weird...

2 - has been there ever since I got mine - if you play some album, turn the screen on and go to the next track and soon after try to fast forward this track with touch progress bar/line thingy, it may sometimes not fast forward, the progress line will be in the position you want it to be, but the elapsed time indicator will be something like 00:01 and the sound will not fast forward. now if you tap it again on the line, it will do it. somehow, happens only with 16/44.1 kHz stuff. high res files seem to be immune with this :/

Oct 28, 2013 at 9:17 PM Post #897 of 1,212
Has anyone else found that the DX50 cuts off the last 3 seconds or so of every track, regardless of whether gapless is switched on or off? This makes listening to operas very difficult (at present, the only solution is to convert the whole opera into a single track, or to accept constant "skips", much like a badly scratched LP!).

When I said I wanted "analog" sound, this isn't what I meant! :D

Oct 28, 2013 at 10:04 PM Post #898 of 1,212
Has anyone else found that the DX50 cuts off the last 3 seconds or so of every track, regardless of whether gapless is switched on or off? This makes listening to operas very difficult (at present, the only solution is to convert the whole opera into a single track, or to accept constant "skips", much like a badly scratched LP!).

I hope iBasso is able to fix this problem; for me, it's a critical issue.

~Brian

Oct 29, 2013 at 12:06 AM Post #899 of 1,212
I got through scanning through my micro SD content for the first time successfully. However it took a really long time and there is no indication whether the DX50 is hung or still scanning. I wonder whether the scanning media screen could be updated with a counter of how many files have been scanned so far.

Cheers

Thomas

Oct 29, 2013 at 1:38 AM Post #900 of 1,212

That wasn't the case with me. I usually keep all my .cue files in a different folder on my computer anyway but some .cue's were still mixed with the albums. So i took the time to move those over and copied all my music but not the folder holding all the cue's and its working perfectly. Artwork, metadata, the whole shibang. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back