DX50 a new smaller DAP from iBasso. Spec. page 1. Impressions start on page. . .
Jun 8, 2013 at 2:03 PM Post #752 of 3,609
Quote:
Imagine the DX200, a balanced DX100. Head-Fi is crazy enough for stuff like that to sell.

Hell YES . Im sold LOL

Most likely tho for my next big move it may have to be a portable as good or better than DX100
that supports dsd/diff. How sweet will that be to back up our sacd collection lossless instead
of downing to 24/88 to play on our DX100s .

i oft. wonder whats holding this development back ? Is it some tech i fail to understand ? i dont understand why this has nt been done by now. Was nt the Japanese version of DX100 rumoured
to play dsd ?

EH !!!!

Jun 8, 2013 at 3:09 PM Post #753 of 3,609
Quote:
Hell YES . Im sold LOL

Most likely tho for my next big move it may have to be a portable as good or better than DX100
that supports dsd/diff. How sweet will that be to back up our sacd collection lossless instead
of downing to 24/88 to play on our DX100s .

i oft. wonder whats holding this development back ? Is it some tech i fail to understand ? i dont understand why this has nt been done by now. Was nt the Japanese version of DX100 rumoured
to play dsd ?

EH !!!!

Yes, Hibino HDP-R10 can, indeed, play .dsd format.

Jun 8, 2013 at 3:43 PM Post #754 of 3,609
Quote:

Yes, Hibino HDP-R10 can, indeed, play .dsd format.

What

Last i read i understood it was a rumour that failed to be true . So i can simply rip my SACDs
to dsd and play them lossless on this Japanese version of dx100 ?

Im chuffed right now . My next spend was ear marked for the mg6 pros ,as my HD 800s are
not porta friendly lol . Now what to do , if i stop eating and its summer so i dont need heat ,
hmm...some cut backs maybe are in line lol

Its been many months since i read nowt on the Japan version , as when i understood no dsd i stopped my interest .Now dsd makes it more than worthy of my attention .

How does a simple canuck go about getting his sweaty palms on the Japanese version ? And how does it rate sonically/interface/problems etc. compared to DX100 ?

If its all the same(or better ) i d flog my dx100 to help pay for the Japan version .

Is there a simple definitive to the point differences between DX100 and japan version ?

Like i said im chuffed .

I made a good friend on here last year from Swiss . He believed dsd on our dx100 was do able . i havent heard from him in months tho i ve sent emails ,and no replies . I hope hes ok .

Cheers

Jun 8, 2013 at 5:03 PM Post #755 of 3,609
Jun 8, 2013 at 5:07 PM Post #756 of 3,609
Hmm...

OK, I would rather be absolutely honest with you and admit that I haven't actually witnessed .dsd playback on the HDP-R10 with my own eyes.

But you are the first person I have ever seen saying that the HDP-R10 may not have .dsd playback capability.

I have just this minute gone to Hibino's webpage and they are still stating that the HDP-R10 had .dsd playback capability.

Regarding the MG6Pros, are you really sure you want MG6Pros? I have them and I really do not rate them at all highly.

Jun 8, 2013 at 5:11 PM Post #757 of 3,609
Quote:

And, IIRC, it's also come down about $200 in the past few weeks, on Amazon.com (currently $850)

Still not as cheap as Amazon.co.jp (currently $765 + exporter fees), but considerably more affordable than the approx. $1050 it was until recently.

Jun 8, 2013 at 5:25 PM Post #758 of 3,609
^^^ didn't even think to check Amazon USA for that Japanese item.  For $30, I'd save the effort....

Jun 8, 2013 at 6:25 PM Post #759 of 3,609
What

Last i read i understood it was a rumour that failed to be true . So i can simply rip my SACDs
to dsd and play them lossless on this Japanese version of dx100 ?

Im chuffed right now . My next spend was ear marked for the mg6 pros ,as my HD 800s are
not porta friendly lol . Now what to do , if i stop eating and its summer so i dont need heat ,
hmm...some cut backs maybe are in line lol

Its been many months since i read nowt on the Japan version , as when i understood no dsd i stopped my interest .Now dsd makes it more than worthy of my attention .

How does a simple canuck go about getting his sweaty palms on the Japanese version ? And how does it rate sonically/interface/problems etc. compared to DX100 ?

If its all the same(or better ) i d flog my dx100 to help pay for the Japan version .

Is there a simple definitive to the point differences between DX100 and japan version ?

Like i said im chuffed .

I made a good friend on here last year from Swiss . He believed dsd on our dx100 was do able . i havent heard from him in months tho i ve sent emails ,and no replies . I hope hes ok .

Cheers

The DX100, I believe, can support dsd since the hardware of the Japanese version is almost similar to the DX100 ( aside from opamp and 5v PSU). Figgie found a DSD software module when he studied the whisky player of the DX10 but is currently disabled and abit outdated relative to the R10 DSD module. Maybe this is a marketing strategy? I'm waiting for ibasso's release of the API, maybe other developers, e.g gone mad, can further improve the DX100's features :wink:

Jun 8, 2013 at 8:03 PM Post #760 of 3,609
Quote:
Hmm...

OK, I would rather be absolutely honest with you and admit that I haven't actually witnessed .dsd playback on the HDP-R10 with my own eyes.

But you are the first person I have ever seen saying that the HDP-R10 may not have .dsd playback capability.

I have just this minute gone to Hibino's webpage and they are still stating that the HDP-R10 had .dsd playback capability.

Regarding the MG6Pros, are you really sure you want MG6Pros? I have them and I really do not rate them at all highly.

Just to clear things up, the HDP-R10 can play DSD and to order it, you either get it from Amazon JP via Tenso or from Pricejapan. But if you order from Pricejapan, you won't be able to get the case and screen protectors. 

Jun 8, 2013 at 8:56 PM Post #761 of 3,609
Just to clear things up, the HDP-R10 can play DSD and to order it, you either get it from Amazon JP via Tenso or from Pricejapan. But if you order from Pricejapan, you won't be able to get the case and screen protectors. 

Does Tenso (amazon.JP) ship HDP-R10 outside Japan?
As I know often Amazon charges a very high cost for the shipping.
What about buying from eBay seller such as otske but it costs $1.1K just for the device?

Jun 8, 2013 at 9:11 PM Post #762 of 3,609
Does Tenso (amazon.JP) ship HDP-R10 outside Japan?
As I know often Amazon charges a very high cost for the shipping.
What about buying from eBay seller such as otske but it costs $1.1K just for the device?
Tenso is a forwarding website. Amazon JP only ships in Japan.

Jun 12, 2013 at 6:30 AM Post #763 of 3,609
Quote:

Are you sure that iBasso DX50 natively supports exFAT? Maybe iBasso meant that you can format a theoretical 2TB exFAT back to FAT32 and play it that way on DX50. I will be glad if iBasso supports exFAT natively, but I would not get my hopes up until iBasso confirms it. We should not deduce exFAT support from that 2TB claim -- as if a 2TB FAT32 card exists, it may be played by DX50 as FAT32, but that does not mean that DX50 supports exFAT.

Edit: I am curious if any current portable slot player supports exFAT natively. Samsung Galaxy S4 likely will have it -- but that is an Android smart phone.

The AK120 does support exFAT. I tested it and it works fine. No issues. Didn't have to format cards to FAT32 to get things to work. :)

Jun 12, 2013 at 6:32 AM Post #764 of 3,609
Quote:
The AK120 does support exFAT. I tested it and it works fine. No issues. Didn't have to format cards to FAT32 to get things to work. :)

Lucky... You have the AK120
smily_headphones1.gif
. It looks great, but people have had varying opinions on it. I'll go and demo it soon. 

Jun 12, 2013 at 6:33 AM Post #765 of 3,609
Quote:
Lucky... You have the AK120
smily_headphones1.gif
. It looks great, but people have had varying opinions on it. I'll go and demo it soon. 

If you can demo it first more power to you :). I think it's a very good player. Still not perfect but as close to being perfect as I've gotten so far :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back