Dunu TITAN Series (new for 2019: Titan 6) [Page 196]
Nov 27, 2015 at 11:41 PM Post #2,522 of 3,012
My first post. Great forum and many helpful experts. Thank you for the contribution.

I currently have Hifiman re-400 and ATH-CKS99. I am looking for SQ that falls in the middle of those 2, the re-400 is a little bit weak on low frequencies and as a whole needs more punch, while the CKS99 is too bassy and warm that sometimes the vocal misses the clarity plus can't sleep on the side while wearing them. I was wondering which of Titans or DNs is a good solution. Open to other brand as well bit los like DUNUs are very comfortable in wearing.
I am using Samsung Galaxy edge+ add my source. I listen to many varieties except rap, techno and EDM.

Thank you in advance.

Nov 29, 2015 at 1:08 AM Post #2,524 of 3,012
Titan 5 review posted - http://www.head-fi.org/products/dunu-titan-5/reviews/14628

Nov 29, 2015 at 4:36 AM Post #2,525 of 3,012
  Has anyone compared the T3/5 to their cheaper little brother, the T1es?

I am also interested in this. As T1 (aka FiiO EX-1 ) has very poor sound isolation, but scores in every other category for me better than T3/5, I would like to hear comments how much better is isolation on T1es - as it has only one vent hole facing the ear, exactly like the T5. I am not crazy about the SQ on the go, but , despite my love for T1/EX-1, found them far too leaky of the environment sound. I do find soundstage important, therefore I do use and cherish Havi B3 Pro1 - and am interested in something that would be better, overall, on the go in reasonably noisy environment (bus). T1/EX1 will be used in quiet places from now on.

Dec 10, 2015 at 7:47 PM Post #2,528 of 3,012
How does the Titan 3 compare to the gr07 classic? I have the Fiio EX1 and love it if that helps. However, I realize that sometimes I need more isolation and the Fiio EX1 just isn't good for those situations.

Dec 10, 2015 at 11:21 PM Post #2,529 of 3,012
  How does the Titan 3 compare to the gr07 classic? I have the Fiio EX1 and love it if that helps. However, I realize that sometimes I need more isolation and the Fiio EX1 just isn't good for those situations.

i don't have the gr07 classic but the be version but they are the same in terms of isolation anyway

i would say the gr07 are better at isolating 

despite closing a lot of the vents on the t3 (compared to the t1/fiio ex1) i would say that the isolation is average at best, due to the shallow fit of the earphones and the same # and *maybe size of the vents* between the titan 3 and the gr07

can others chime in on the differences in terms of isolation between the 5s and 3s?

Dec 11, 2015 at 12:42 AM Post #2,530 of 3,012

can others chime in on the differences in terms of isolation between the 5s and 3s?

In my ears, both are about average in terms of isolation, but for me, the Titan 5 isolate a tiny bit more.

Dec 11, 2015 at 11:32 PM Post #2,531 of 3,012
When I first saw the frequency response measurement for the Titan 1, I was so impressed, because it looked more neutral than just about any headphone I've ever seen. I wasn't sure if the lack of isolation would be an issue, and with that kind of measurement, I just had to try it. So I got a pair.

What I discovered was that the measurement I saw done by Tyll at InnerFidelity was maybe not accurate, due to possible insertion depth issues. Or maybe it's just my ear canals being shaped different from average. For me, it's brighter than my preference, and the upper bass/lower-mids are warmer/thicker than my preference. For some people that might be the perfect sonic signature since it sounds full and exciting, but I'm after something more neutral. Also, the isolation is pretty much next to none. That might not be an issue for some people, but I prefer to have some level of isolation, so I'm selling mine in the classified section: http://www.head-fi.org/t/789235/dunu-titan-1

Dec 12, 2015 at 1:35 AM Post #2,532 of 3,012
  What I discovered was that the measurement I saw done by Tyll at InnerFidelity was maybe not accurate, due to possible insertion depth issues. Or maybe it's just my ear canals being shaped different from average.

I know what you mean - since I've got the Vibro Veritas and have it more or less calibrated to my satisfaction, I often do frequency response measurements, also for my reviews (but only after I have gone through my standard procedure of listening, comparing, doing sine sweeps etc., which I usually write down on paper (yes, I prefer to take notes on paper instead of digitally)).
After my paper notes are written down and Im done with sweeping etc., I usually record the in-ears' frequency response with the Veritas. In most cases, what I'm hearing also matches what I've recorded, but in some the measurement looks much different than what I perceive (though I am careful not to block any vents).
With the Titan Series, they also sound different in my ears than on my measurement graphs. Compared to pretty flat IEMs like the Etymotic ER-4S, I hear the Titan 1 to have about 6.5 dB more bass, the Titan 3 to have about 4 and the Titan 5 close to 9, whereas my measurement says 3, 0 and 7 dB. In these cases, it is probably better to trust our ears than the graphs.

Dec 13, 2015 at 5:17 AM Post #2,535 of 3,012
Hey guys!

Just posted my review of the Titan 5. 

Enjoy!

http://www.head-fi.org/products/dunu-titan-5/reviews/14753

beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back