Dunu TITAN Series (new for 2019: Titan 6) [Page 196]
Oct 27, 2015 at 5:24 AM Post #2,386 of 3,012
eek.gif

Oct 27, 2015 at 5:23 PM Post #2,388 of 3,012
My combined review and comparison of Titan 3 and Titan 5: http://www.head-fi.org/products/dunu-titan-3/reviews/14365

Oct 27, 2015 at 10:55 PM Post #2,393 of 3,012
  Best one? T1, T3, or T5?

For me personally, T3.  T1 was great but pretty bad isolation and too much sound leakage (wife and kids constantly complaining, so I gave it away to my wife's brother - his problem now lol!!!), plus upper mids/treble were a bit harsh for my taste.  T5 got a little too much bass and mids scooped out a bit.  T3 is a happy medium and with Lunashops silver-plated cable mids are more balanced (pulled back a bit in comparison to stock cable where mids are slightly forward).  That is a reason why I posted my T3/T5 review under T3 - my personal preference
wink.gif

Oct 27, 2015 at 11:34 PM Post #2,394 of 3,012

For me personally, T3.  T1 was great but pretty bad isolation and too much sound leakage (wife and kids constantly complaining, so I gave it away to my wife's brother - his problem now lol!!!), plus upper mids/treble were a bit harsh for my taste.  T5 got a little too much bass and mids scooped out a bit.  T3 is a happy medium and with Lunashops silver-plated cable mids are more balanced (pulled back a bit in comparison to stock cable where mids are slightly forward).  That is a reason why I posted my T3/T5 review under T3 - my personal preference
wink.gif

If isolation wasn't an issue for me when at the gym or when out and about, I'd be very happy with the Zen earbuds. But isolation is important in those circumstances, and out of all of the rest of my iems the Titan1's are pretty much always the ones that I grab because of their amazing sound, their small profile, and the fact that they stay in my ears well. I find their isolation to be quite adequate, but there's nothing wrong with knowing that there are better isolating T1's out there... apparently called the T3's. And it seems that the T3's sound as good if not better than the T1's. So this is all very good to know.. thanks!

Oct 27, 2015 at 11:51 PM Post #2,395 of 3,012
T3 lacks the open, airy sound of the T1/EX1, though. If you're after that, T3 isn't going to give it to you.

As far as isolation and leakage goes, it's all dependent on the context you use it in. T1/EX1 certainly isn't for mass transit, but it was fine for neighborhood strolls and wearing in my house or office.

The one thing that struck me while having all three at once (and all for the first time) was how unique the T1/EX1 sounded. T3 and T5 sound great (especially T3), but there really is something special about T1/EX1. It's certainly an IEM people should hear at least once and the one I'd buy if I could only buy one if the three.

Oct 28, 2015 at 1:02 AM Post #2,396 of 3,012
T3 lacks the open, airy sound of the T1/EX1, though. If you're after that, T3 isn't going to give it to you.

As far as isolation and leakage goes, it's all dependent on the context you use it in. T1/EX1 certainly isn't for mass transit, but it was fine for neighborhood strolls and wearing in my house or office.

The one thing that struck me while having all three at once (and all for the first time) was how unique the T1/EX1 sounded. T3 and T5 sound great (especially T3), but there really is something special about T1/EX1. It's certainly an IEM people should hear at least once and the one I'd buy if I could only buy one if the three.

Excellent post. It is the crazy airy ss of the t1's (for iems) that puts a smile on my face and sets them apart for me from my other iems, so I'd have to decide if it's worth losing a bit of that magic for more isolation. Hmmm!

Oct 28, 2015 at 11:40 AM Post #2,397 of 3,012

wink.gif

That's how I perceive the T1 too until I pair it with the Comply T200 and now we're inseparable 
biggrin.gif

Oct 28, 2015 at 11:46 AM Post #2,398 of 3,012
Penon already has T5 listed for sale ($139 shipped) and should have T3 next week: http://penonaudio.com/DUNU-TITAN5

Oct 28, 2015 at 12:07 PM Post #2,399 of 3,012
  Penon already has T5 listed for sale ($139 shipped) and should have T3 next week: http://penonaudio.com/DUNU-TITAN5

Really interested in the T5 (gotta have dat bass).  I'm selling my Titan 1s due to treble (can't take it).  Read through the review but didn't see a comparison for treble between the T5 and T1.  Is the T5 a smoother listen (i.e. less bright) compared to the T1?

Thanks.

Oct 28, 2015 at 12:17 PM Post #2,400 of 3,012

Really interested in the T5 (gotta have dat bass).  I'm selling my Titan 1s due to treble (can't take it).  Read through the review but didn't see a comparison for treble between the T5 and T1.  Is the T5 a smoother listen (i.e. less bright) compared to the T1?

Thanks.

Yes, smoother, and yet still extended, sparkly, airy, and detailed.  DUNU nailed it!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back