Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Impressions thread
Jan 12, 2014 at 3:55 AM Post #556 of 2,536
razor5cl, I bought the EPH100 before I picked up the DNK. I ended up returning the Yamahas. The EPH100's were pretty good, but the DNK is just better in almost every way. I would say the Yamahas have a slight edge in comfort, though the DNK isn't uncomfortable in my opinion. The DNK's just sound so much better that it is no contest as far as I am concerned. Hope that helps!

Thanks for your help. My second pair of EPH-100s broke on me last week, but apart from that I really love them. The main reason I'd like to get a second(good) pair of IEMs is in case the other pair breaks or gets lost, etc. And also because I'd heard a lot of good things about the DN1K, I was being increasingly drawn in.

Jan 13, 2014 at 9:40 PM Post #557 of 2,536
hi,
before trying asg-1.2 and 1.3, i did not think that i like airy and large soundstage presentation, but apparently i like it. i also like vocal, mostly male vocal. @ClieOS says on dn-900 thread: "DN-1K is for detail and airiness in soundstage, DN-900 is for warm and texture in vocal". still considering whether to get asg-1 for soundstage, or dn-900 for (female) vocal or dn-1000 for (male) vocal and airy/soundstage.

Any inputs will be appreciated. I already asked @H20Fidelity before on this too, just want to obtain more inputs.

I mainly use clip zip for portable and notebook > fiio e10 for desktop. Also my current iems include: sony xba-3, fad heaven 4, vsonic vc1000, yamaha eph-100, hoping for some upgrade, not sidegrade

TIA

Jan 13, 2014 at 9:53 PM Post #558 of 2,536
hi,
before trying asg-1.2 and 1.3, i did not think that i like airy and large soundstage presentation, but apparently i like it. i also like vocal, mostly male vocal. @ClieOS
 says on dn-900 thread: "DN-1K is for detail and airiness in soundstage, DN-900 is for warm and texture in vocal". still considering whether to get asg-1 for soundstage, or dn-900 for (female) vocal or dn-1000 for (male) vocal and airy/soundstage.

Any inputs will be appreciated. I already asked @H20Fidelity
 before on this too, just want to obtain more inputs.

I mainly use clip zip for portable and notebook > fiio e10 for desktop. Also my current iems include: sony xba-3, fad heaven 4, vsonic vc1000, yamaha eph-100, hoping for some upgrade, not sidegrade

TIA

You should audition the ASG2 as well. For both soundstage and vocals.

Jan 13, 2014 at 10:19 PM Post #560 of 2,536
Loving the DN1k with blue rings and reinforced medium tips today. Little extra bass for The Roots is never a bad thing. 
biggrin.gif

Jan 14, 2014 at 8:07 PM Post #563 of 2,536
  hi,
before trying asg-1.2 and 1.3, i did not think that i like airy and large soundstage presentation, but apparently i like it. i also like vocal, mostly male vocal. @ClieOS says on dn-900 thread: "DN-1K is for detail and airiness in soundstage, DN-900 is for warm and texture in vocal". still considering whether to get asg-1 for soundstage, or dn-900 for (female) vocal or dn-1000 for (male) vocal and airy/soundstage.

Any inputs will be appreciated. I already asked @H20Fidelity before on this too, just want to obtain more inputs.

TIA

You definitely want DN-1000, I have both 1000 and 900, as well as VC1000, and I have heard XBA-3 and EPH-1000, I definitely put DN-1000 above all that, and it sounds better than any of the above

Jan 14, 2014 at 8:35 PM Post #564 of 2,536
  Guess what I find doing a simple google search about the DN-2000?

Dunu announce that DN-2000 will be release after February 2014 base on this announcement using Google translate and someone from China has a review on it already. The review includes lots of pictures too.

DN-2000 Announcement
DN-2000 Prototype Review

nice. seems like a improved dn1000 from what I read

Jan 14, 2014 at 8:53 PM Post #565 of 2,536
Reading this thread makes me want to impulse buy the DNK. It's definitely next on my list. :D

Jan 14, 2014 at 9:17 PM Post #566 of 2,536
Just sold my SE535 Ltd Ed - keeping the Dunu's.

Jan 14, 2014 at 11:43 PM Post #568 of 2,536
After using a good tip i have good sound from the dunu... but i really wonder about mid/high neutrality.. it's well integrated but i really feel something is bugging in the midrange..

also of course it sound pretty close in the head and not airy really .... if i compare to my koss esp950 electrostatics.. the dunu are simply no match by far

i hope they will burn in in time and become better thooo...

I wish i would have gone with the ATH im02..

i think(hope) they would have been better.. (anybody tried both and can comment on this)

What comply tip do you recommended for the dunu? tx-500?

Jan 15, 2014 at 2:53 AM Post #569 of 2,536
  After using a good tip i have good sound from the dunu... but i really wonder about mid/high neutrality.. it's well integrated but i really feel something is bugging in the midrange..

also of course it sound pretty close in the head and not airy really .... if i compare to my koss esp950 electrostatics.. the dunu are simply no match by far

i hope they will burn in in time and become better thooo...

I wish i would have gone with the ATH im02..

i think(hope) they would have been better.. (anybody tried both and can comment on this)

What comply tip do you recommended for the dunu? tx-500?

I get the BEST signature (to my liking) using the red/silver rings and either Comply TS-500 or MEE black dual-flange

you need to get good seal, by the way you are describing the sound above, sounds to me that you don't have a good seal just yet.

Took me a couple of days to find the best rings/tips combo, but once I did, it was like BOOM!!!!

Jan 15, 2014 at 2:58 AM Post #570 of 2,536
I get the BEST signature (to my liking) using the red/silver rings and either Comply TS-500 or MEE black dual-flange

you need to get good seal, by the way you are describing the sound above, sounds to me that you don't have a good seal just yet.

Took me a couple of days to find the best rings/tips combo, but once I did, it was like BOOM!!!!

I agree with djvkool. I too wasn't impressed at first till I found the right tips for me. Using the red rings with the large reinforced grey tips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back