Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Impressions thread
Jan 10, 2014 at 2:47 AM Post #526 of 2,536
  Currently using the Zero Audio Carbo Basso. I'm looking for something that has nice bass when required but not to the point that the MIDs and highs suffer as a result. I want something that is comfortable as well; I use medium sized tips with a not so deep insertion. 

My three main concerns with the DN1000 is the tips coming off when you pull them out of your ears, the weight when worn straight down and the sound leakage.

I have no problems with all those concerns my friend but then again we all experience things differently one way or another. I hope you get to audition it somewhere as it is definitely a great IEM; especially for the price!

Jan 10, 2014 at 2:57 AM Post #527 of 2,536

I have no problems with all those concerns my friend but then again we all experience things differently one way or another. I hope you get to audition it somewhere as it is definitely a great IEM; especially for the price!

Yeah, I like the fact that the housings aren't absolutely massive or an odd shape. If I want to demo them I'll basically have to take the plungd and order them from mp4nation.

Jan 10, 2014 at 4:45 AM Post #528 of 2,536
Can't decide whether to buy these or not. How is mp4nations return policy?

MP4nation follows stringent ticketing system for any issues for effective tracking and resolution.I believe you have to send the defective to them back and you will have the info updated about status....thereon.

Maybe our fellow headfi'ers can shed some light here about their experiences for that matter.

Jan 10, 2014 at 6:23 AM Post #529 of 2,536
Ladies & Gentlemen I bring to you the Dunu DN-1000 Power House Rig.

Studio V / Leckerton UHA760. If you want to hear what the Dunu can really scale up do this does a pretty good job of it. I have the Leckerton on loan for a little while so it's not staying, it's brand new fresh out of the box today, I'm only baby sitting it.  The detail this set up extracts is very good.

Jan 10, 2014 at 9:49 AM Post #531 of 2,536
Return shipping your burden? OR could be waived by mp4?

Did it happen exactly the same way i posted earlier? I mean the RMA process.........could be useful for many in future, if shared here.

Jan 10, 2014 at 10:20 AM Post #533 of 2,536

That's a pretty loaded question man. Honestly, most of the DN1000 owners would probably agree, its one of the most capable IEMs for under $200. If I were you, I'd quit torturing myself and just pull the trigger. In the event that you don't like em (unlikely) and you're worried about return shipping, you'd have no problem selling em off on the For Sale thread on head-fi.

Jan 10, 2014 at 10:33 AM Post #534 of 2,536

I'm pretty indecisive when it comes to buying things in general as I like to be thorough and read as many reviews and opinions as possible to ensure that I am putting my money on the right product, so to speak. I apologise if it comes across like I'm repeating myself; I'm just curious.

Probably doesn't help that I had the Sony XBA-H1s and the housing shape/size completely put me off and I returned them within a few days.

Jan 10, 2014 at 11:00 AM Post #535 of 2,536
  I'm pretty indecisive when it comes to buying things in general as I like to be thorough and read as many reviews and opinions as possible to ensure that I am putting my money on the right product, so to speak. I apologise if it comes across like I'm repeating myself; I'm just curious.

Probably doesn't help that I had the Sony XBA-H1s and the housing shape/size completely put me off and I returned them within a few days.

You're not the only one. Sorry, if my tone was abrasive. The DN1000 is a fantastic value. It's extremely versatile, especially with the tip/ring rolling. Most of the members who own one, have kept them as they're able to tweaked in so many ways.

Jan 10, 2014 at 11:15 AM Post #536 of 2,536
^ mackem, I can't help but think you would be thrilled with them. Do it!!! :)

Jan 10, 2014 at 11:39 AM Post #537 of 2,536
Quote:posted by Mackem /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Currently using the Zero Audio Carbo Basso. I'm looking for something that has nice bass when required but not to the point that the MIDs and highs suffer as a result. I wantimperceivableat is comfortable as well; I use medium sized tips with a not so deep insertion. 

My three main concerns with the DN1000 is the tips coming off when you pull them out of your ears, the weight when worn straight down and the sound leakage.

Thr DN1Ks certainly have a big nice bass when required for. And the mids and treble do not suffer at all, in fact, you might find them a little bit fatiguing after extended use at high volume. They are comfortablr. Even with the red spacers, which offer the deepest insertion, the actual insertion is not that deep at all. I do find the tips coming off. This can be addressed either of these ways: Use tightly fitting tips which snug firmly around the nozzle, or remove the IEMs by pressing under your lobe (pressing under the little "u" next to the lobe actually). Weight is completely ignorable and imperceivable. Sound leakage occurs, though its not specially bad, but I guess I've never really worried about it so maybe someone else can give you a better opinion.

Jan 10, 2014 at 11:51 AM Post #538 of 2,536
Rather than pull the Dunu directly outwards from my ear I hold the housing and gently pull downwards first, this breaks the seal around my canal. From there the tips easily slide out. Using the spiral tips I've not had them come off using this method. Long as you break the seal first to avoid suction (which is what pulls the tip off) you won't have any issues.

Jan 10, 2014 at 12:49 PM Post #540 of 2,536
Mackem, I've never had any of my tips come off when using the DN1000. I have done extensive tip rolling without a single issue. They are a bit heavy, but with a good fit, (I wear mine down) they are plenty comfortable for me. I love mine! Good luck! I'm sure you will love them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back