Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Impressions thread
Jan 15, 2014 at 4:03 AM Post #571 of 2,536
Same here. I was underwhelmed and didn't understand the hype until I found the right combo with the clear tips. Incidentally, I get the impression from the enclosed leaflet that Dunu intends these rings more as something to adjust the comfort than for tweaking the sound.

Jan 15, 2014 at 7:14 AM Post #572 of 2,536
I agree with djvkool. I too wasn't impressed at first till I found the right tips for me. Using the red rings with the large reinforced grey tips.

Unlike the others I cannot deny I loved them immediately. 
biggrin.gif

Jan 17, 2014 at 2:09 AM Post #575 of 2,536
I haven't been in these parts (Head-Fi) in a while. My wallet is telling me to run for my life, but my ears are telling me no.

I'm curious of these headphones. Is anyone able to compare them to the Westone 4 / W4? I searched the thread and found ericp10's brief, yet promising description, but I am wondering if there are any others who can contribute to the differences? Or maybe you can expand on what you hear, ericp10? The W4 has been one of my primary earphones for a number of years now mainly because of a few things: clarity, soundstage, and non-fatiguing treble. My only complaint is that the W4s do not have as much authority in the bass region (not to be confused with the mid-bass) as I would like. And by that I mean, it is only very slightly off in magnitude, but it is definitely less than desirable for me.

Edit: Oh, and one more thing, are there any pairs going around for listening/auditioning/loan?

Thanks!

Jan 17, 2014 at 11:49 AM Post #585 of 2,536
Still tempted by these..

I want to try them but fear the weight might be a little too much but it's not something I can just imagine.

Instead of considering all the reasons you may not like them, consider the numerous ones for which you will!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back