DSOTM SACD: $11.99 at BestBuy
Mar 23, 2003 at 10:16 PM Post #2 of 36
Thanks Jon-

I cancelled my $13.99 order at Amazon and ordered it from BB. Had to order the first season of CSI as well...since I was there...I have to stay away from those free shipping websites
smily_headphones1.gif

John

Mar 24, 2003 at 12:14 AM Post #3 of 36
eh, I'll just go to a "real" Best Buy. Do you guys live too far away from good stores or are you just lazy?
wink.gif

Mar 24, 2003 at 5:39 AM Post #4 of 36
some best buys are sucky and don't carry cool merchandise (sacds, waprecords cds, etc.). I didn't feel like driving 15 minutes just for them to say they don't have it.

yeah, i'm lazy.

Mar 24, 2003 at 6:14 AM Post #5 of 36
Quote:

Originally posted by Jon Beilin
I didn't feel like driving 15 minutes just for them to say they don't have it.

There's a wonderful new invention Jon that's sweeping the nation...it's called a telephone. You can talk to people who are miles and miles away from you from the comfort of your own home!

Mar 24, 2003 at 10:44 AM Post #7 of 36
Quote:

There's a wonderful new invention Jon that's sweeping the nation...it's called a telephone. You can talk to people who are miles and miles away from you from the comfort of your own home!

I don't know about where you live, but try that here and see if you could get ANYONE on the phone, much less someone who even knows who Pink Floyd is.

"Is Pink Floyd 50cent's sidekick or somethin?"

LOL

Mar 24, 2003 at 12:46 PM Post #8 of 36
Quote:

Originally posted by williamgoody
I don't know about where you live, but try that here and see if you could get ANYONE on the phone, much less someone who even knows who Pink Floyd is.

"Is Pink Floyd 50cent's sidekick or somethin?"

LOL

Point taken.

Mar 24, 2003 at 1:42 PM Post #9 of 36
Quote:

Originally posted by royboy2k
eh, I'll just go to a "real" Best Buy. Do you guys live too far away from good stores or are you just lazy?
wink.gif

I live in the town directly above NYC. I don't drive or own a car. I usually enjoy taking a trip into the city to do my audio/video shopping at least once a week...I make the rounds of BB, J&R and many others and then ususally go see a film. But, with the higher security warnings in place, I prefer to not use NYC public transportation for the time being.

Plus, it costs me $8 on the Express bus or $3 on the subway....so "no shipping" on a website can really make a difference if you buy weekly like I do.

And I do love the selection of shopping online.
John

Mar 24, 2003 at 1:52 PM Post #10 of 36
Quote:

DSOTM SACD: $11.99 at BestBuy

Is that a dual-format CD or just SACD?

Mar 24, 2003 at 4:09 PM Post #12 of 36
Best Buy instore pricing can be higher than their online pricing. Not always, but it still happens. Their online pricing is aimed at a different customer base, with different competition, and sometimes reflects this (unless they recently changed a previously stated policy)

Mar 24, 2003 at 4:20 PM Post #13 of 36
Hmmm need to pick this up now that I have a SACD player. Is this a Multi-Channel or Stereo SACD?

Also are they releaseing other PF on SACD?

Scott

Mar 24, 2003 at 5:37 PM Post #14 of 36
The world's biggest Floyd fan weeps knowing he'll have to pay $35 for it here in Thailand.
frown.gif

I don't even own my sacd player yet, but this is how I started with DVDs. Software first.....

Mar 24, 2003 at 7:51 PM Post #15 of 36
The remasters are 5.1, and it is a hybred disk for sure

Users who are viewing this thread

Back