DSOTM SACD: $11.99 at BestBuy
Mar 29, 2003 at 1:13 AM Post #31 of 36
Scottder, If you paid $13.99 in Warwick this week for it I would ask to see if they didn't lower the price. I was at the Warwick BB and the N. Attleboro BB and I know that A display had it With a Special price of $11.99. You may want to check it out. Every dollar counts.

Pym

Mar 29, 2003 at 8:44 AM Post #32 of 36
Picked up my copy today at best buy. Listened to it through 5.1 playback, Atlantic speakers(anybody still use these?) unbelievable. One of the best sacd I've ever heard. Sounds like it was recorded yesturday rather than 30yrs. ago. My advice, get it!

Mar 29, 2003 at 9:29 AM Post #33 of 36
Quote:

Originally posted by Jeff Guidry
There's a wonderful new invention Jon that's sweeping the nation...it's called a telephone. You can talk to people who are miles and miles away from you from the comfort of your own home!

Somewhat OT, but not really, in response to the above quote.
smily_headphones1.gif
Sorry if the point has already been made, as I havne't read through the entire thread...

Anyhow...:

You know... Best Buy's staffed with a bunch of nitwits. (Sorry for those of you that work there and aren't... hopefully) I called them today trying to find out if they carried a Ethernet/Modem PCMCIA combo card of some sort... This was basically what was said over the phone.
[size=xx-small]
Me: Hi, I need to know whether or not you carry Ethernet/Modem PCMCIA combo cards.

Best Buy Guy: Yes, we have a large selection of merchandise.

Me: Do you have any Ethernet/Modem combo PCMCIA cards, though?

BBG: Yes, we have quite a few PCI cards.

Me: No, not PCI cards. PC Cards for Notebook computers.

BBG: Yes, we carry both PCs and Notebook computers.

Me: I'm asking if you have combo Ethernet/Modem PCMCIA cards FOR a NOTEBOOK.

BBG: Alright.. can you say that slowly again? I need to write it down.

Me: ... Combo ... Ethernet ... and .... Modem ... P--C--M--C--I--A ... card.

BBG: Hold on a sec.. (music.. a while later..) We have quite a large selection of merchandise and should have what you're looking for.

Me: should have or do have? I don't want to waste a trip going down there and find out that you don't carry it.

BBG: We have too much merchandise to look through. You should just come down here and look.

Me: Is there anyone else I can talk to?

BBG: No. There's nobody else here.

Me: Thanks for your time. *click*[/size]

It turns out that they didn't carry what I wanted. I ended up wasting a trip down there, and since it was for work, they ended up having to pay me for an extra hour for the trip, then I had to go over the CompUSA which was further away the other direction, to pick it up.. :/ And while I was at Best Buy, there was about six employees in the computer hardware section. None of them were doing anything but standing around, roaming aisles. Imbeciles, I tell you.. the lot of them!

Mar 29, 2003 at 11:42 AM Post #34 of 36
Quote:

Originally posted by Pym
Scottder, If you paid $13.99 in Warwick this week for it I would ask to see if they didn't lower the price. I was at the Warwick BB and the N. Attleboro BB and I know that A display had it With a Special price of $11.99. You may want to check it out. Every dollar counts.

Pym

Actually I went back and looked at the receipt, it was $11.99. But thanks. Could it be another RI person on the boards?

Myself and mhamel were thinking of getting an RI/Southern Mass/Eastern CT gathering together.

Scott

Mar 29, 2003 at 10:11 PM Post #35 of 36
Quote:

Originally posted by fyrfytrhoges
got my copy at the local best buy and it was 13.99, so what was said earlier about the store and internet prices not being the same were correct. I agree with da, the packaging is not is good as what I would have expected for a 30th anniversary edition, the twentieth was much cooler and more extensive, you would think that for a big step up to sacd they would have done something extra special. plus they could have gotten more $$$$$$$ outta us all!

The 13.99 is the list price they charge normally for this CD. It should of been marked down at the register. THis is a nation wide sale that was advertised in a full page add in USA today for SACD players. Your store probably did not make the correct entry in their system. You would be amazed how many stores do this on purpose to increase their profit margin. Big name stores have been caught and they say they will fix it. Another group comes through the next day and finds no change. THe boss says he will get to the bottom of it. If you really want to see a crooked group look at the meat department in major chains. There is no law that requires them to honor the sell by date. Most repackage and redate. If it is convenient I would go back and complain otherwise 13.99 is not that bad a deal for this CD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back