DoTA
Jan 18, 2007 at 12:28 AM Post #61 of 166
Well I'm on, ready for action.

Jan 18, 2007 at 1:44 AM Post #62 of 166
I'am on the other side of the globe and I've got absolutely no idea when you guys will be playing...
confused.gif
Btw, what channel are you guys in again?

Jan 18, 2007 at 4:53 AM Post #63 of 166
so who won the gigantic game? i gotta know!

and we're all on US-East!

Jan 18, 2007 at 12:17 PM Post #64 of 166
Argh!!! I usually play on US-west cause its the only server that i see people whose also from my planet.
etysmile.gif
mad.gif

Jan 18, 2007 at 1:21 PM Post #65 of 166
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so who won the gigantic game? i gotta know!

and we're all on US-East!

laxx and team. They ran right over us. I played with terrawit. It didn't help that I didn't play that well and as a team, we didn't defend our lanes long enough.

By the way, I think I'd prefer to play with other head-fiers over clans members....they spent way too much time blaming me for the loss...they didn't exactly play that well either.

We basically got owned by laxx and team, they just had a tough group of heroes (tiny, ogre mage, rhasta...). Just pounded the hell out of us.

Jan 18, 2007 at 3:16 PM Post #66 of 166
Yea, we sat and discussed out hero choices since we were limted to only those 2 houses of heros. When it comes down to non -em games, we like to synergize our hero picks. Most non -em games hardly last til late game, where I told my team to push once they started to hit level 6 since we all had our ults.

We were actually upset because our last guy wanted 3rd and 4th or 4th and 5th actually wanted Sand King and Crystal Maiden, but your friends took those heros. =[ Gloko should have definitely sat that game out and observed instead and let another of Teerawit's friends play. It might have been a closer game. Skeleton King is a good hero, but not for that game we played. He's too linear and would never be of much help.

I think if all goes according to last nights plan, we have a rematch tonight. I think we got Teerawit's friends interested now and they won't be and hour and a half late like last night. =]

Don't worry Gloko, DoTA players are quick to point fingers and blame others for their loss. There's always going to be a weak link in a team. I usually blame player(insane) for thinking he's too good, lol. Everyone makes mistakes during the game and it's contributions from your entire team than made your team lose.

Jan 18, 2007 at 3:53 PM Post #67 of 166
Quote:

Originally Posted by laxx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Gloko should have definitely sat that game out and observed instead and let another of Teerawit's friends play. It might have been a closer game. Skeleton King is a good hero, but not for that game we played. He's too linear and would never be of much help.

I think if all goes according to last nights plan, we have a rematch tonight. I think we got Teerawit's friends interested now and they won't be and hour and a half late like last night. =]

Don't worry Gloko, DoTA players are quick to point fingers and blame others for their loss. There's always going to be a weak link in a team. I usually blame player(insane) for thinking he's too good, lol. Everyone makes mistakes during the game and it's contributions from your entire team than made your team lose.

Yeah, I agree. Leoric was quite ineffective with the heroes you guys selected. Once you guys started pushing and taking out towers it became a big gankfest which deteriorated the game into not being a lot of fun. I think i'll stick to regular ol' dota games and avoid the headfi channel until more headfiers get involved. The whole concept of the headfi thing is to promote some fun matches between headiers, not clans and a headfier or two.

Jan 18, 2007 at 4:06 PM Post #68 of 166
ah man poor gloco. don't worry i've had a year of being ridiculed and belittled by the big boys, and they use nasty nasty language even in jest. but for some reason i keep comin back lol! if i do get on for the second round, i'm definitely just observing!

Jan 18, 2007 at 4:40 PM Post #69 of 166
Quote:

ah man poor gloco. don't worry i've had a year of being ridiculed and belittled by the big boys, and they use nasty nasty language even in jest. but for some reason i keep comin back lol! if i do get on for the second round, i'm definitely just observing!

Hehe, I think it came down to me remembering how it was with clans on bnet when I played Starcraft. Mind you, I had a stellar record on SC. I owned many games on that, but clans members are the same no matter where you go...arrogant and selfish. Hell, I don't mind confronting the truth that I stunk, but so did my teammates (as laxx pointed out). You should've seen it, laxx and team slapped us silly. Only at one point we had killed everyone on laxx's team...that was the perfect opportunity to push, but we did not and we paid for that. Jahn, if your available, lets try to get in a game tonight, 1v1? Should be interesting.

Jan 18, 2007 at 4:42 PM Post #70 of 166
Quote:

Originally Posted by gloco /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hehe, I think it came down to me remembering how it was with clans on bnet when I played Starcraft. Mind you, I had a stellar record on SC. I owned many games on that, but clans members are the same no matter where you go...arrogant and selfish. Hell, I don't mind confronting the truth that I stunk, but so did my teammates (as laxx pointed out). You should've seen it, laxx and team slapped us silly. Only at one point we had killed everyone on laxx's team...that was the perfect opportunity to push, but we did not and we paid for that. Jahn, if your available, lets try to get in a game tonight, 1v1? Should be interesting.

let's have laxx and teerawit observe from the gallery and roll their eyes at our noob game!

Jan 18, 2007 at 5:13 PM Post #71 of 166
Quote:

Yeah, I agree. Leoric was quite ineffective with the heroes you guys selected. Once you guys started pushing and taking out towers it became a big gankfest which deteriorated the game into not being a lot of fun. I think i'll stick to regular ol' dota games and avoid the headfi channel until more headfiers get involved. The whole concept of the headfi thing is to promote some fun matches between headiers, not clans and a headfier or two.

I posted this to get more head-fi'ers involved and hopefully getting head-fi only games, but last night was just to have a more challenging game than pubs. Everything I find someone new that plays and has friends that play as well, I challenge them to a 5v5. I like to guage how my friends and I are and so far, we've only been ripped apart once by another friend of mine's friends. They tore us a new a**hole, it was pretty bad. But I blame my friends not playing non -em games for that as they kept asking me, "how come I have no gold?"

And non -em is harsh for you as money is tight. I definitely do not recommend non -em games for people new to DoTA. It's much different as money comes slower, creeps and towers hit harder, have more health and armor, and you get less XP per kill. There's a reason people call -em "easy mode."

And DoTA's all about gankfests. You have to creep well to make your gold, but at the same time, stay safe enough not to get ganked by the other team.

Last night was not a clan match. It was a friendly game between 2 groups. The clan I'm in isn't a clan at all. We don't compete, nor do they even play TDA. I was one of 3 that actually enjoyed TDA games while the rest only played pubs. Back then, there were only 5 of us that played, then a month or two passed and we realized we had 10 players. So one night, we decided to make a clan (Clan PyF = Pwn yer Face). Between my Fraternity brothers and friends, there's probably 20 of us and a few friends who play that refuse to join the clan.

I think a few 2v2's would be good for you to learn alot about the game. Like, you and Teerawit against Jahn and myself would be good. Teera and I would just sit out and guide you guys to play and it's basically a 1v1 with you against Jahn. You won't learn any team battles, but it'll build your micro skills up a bit.

Jan 18, 2007 at 5:39 PM Post #72 of 166
Quote:

let's have laxx and teerawit observe from the gallery and roll their eyes at our noob game!

LOL. If I go melee they can dance along to my experience point shuffle.

Laxx, its all good. I think I was a little annoyed by how fast it was going though...think my noobness wanted to farm a little long and get a build going.

Sticking with lina Jahn? You seem to got her spells down pat.

Jan 18, 2007 at 6:53 PM Post #73 of 166
Quote:

Only at one point we had killed everyone on laxx's team...that was the perfect opportunity to push, but we did not and we paid for that.

If I remember correctly, you guys did push. You took our 2nd mid tower when we were all dead, but by the time you guys got to our base, 3 of us revived already and held you guys back. Non -em games can't go on for too long or else the heros we chose would be outclassed by your heros. We chose our heros to end try and end the game around elvel 8-15. Once you're past that level, it's about items and not so much the abilities the heros have.

Jan 18, 2007 at 7:57 PM Post #74 of 166
ohhhh my god, 2 hour match....3 x25s on my side and 5 people on other...and we just barely lost....DAMIIIIIT

Jan 18, 2007 at 8:15 PM Post #75 of 166
I find those more fun than owning a 30 minute game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back