DoTA
Jan 17, 2007 at 3:13 PM Post #46 of 166
Indeed. But tonight, I'll choose a better hero for late game. Saving my teamates wasn't that much fun. =T

I'd like to play against Teera and his friends. =T We can get a 5v5 going anytime of the night.

Jan 17, 2007 at 3:17 PM Post #47 of 166
Sounds good....ill sit out the important game so that my noobish skill doesnt mess up your glory of victory over Teera.

Im going to practice when i get out of class. Try out some different builds and hero's.

I was really getting into Lion last night. He really is a great middle lane Hero. Not soo great end game, but pwns once he hits 6.

Jan 17, 2007 at 3:24 PM Post #48 of 166
Quote:

Originally Posted by laxx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd like to play against Teera and his friends. =T

No you don't, LOL. Ok I'll ask them
evil_smiley.gif

Jan 17, 2007 at 4:16 PM Post #49 of 166
Quote:

Indeed. But tonight, I'll choose a better hero for late game. Saving my teamates wasn't that much fun. =T

I'd like to play against Teera and his friends. =T We can get a 5v5 going anytime of the night.

HEHEHE....hook! Hey, where the hell am I? Yeah, I did quite poorly on the second match, just couldn't get anything going with DK for some reason. Rhasta is the worst!

Jan 17, 2007 at 4:39 PM Post #50 of 166
I think anytime after dinner, I'll have a 5 man team to run against teera and his friends. I forgot how many of my friends play DoTA.

I actually hate range heros in mid and never understood why they love to go mid. The hill really messes with your hit rate and ranged heros are much better off on the side lanes. Lion is good. So is Rhasta, but ultimately, intel heros are no match late game for agi heros unless you are very skilled. But even then, all it takes is a BKB on a hero like PA to annahilate intel heros.

Jan 17, 2007 at 4:51 PM Post #51 of 166
Quote:

I think anytime after dinner, I'll have a 5 man team to run against teera and his friends. I forgot how many of my friends play DoTA.

I actually hate range heros in mid and never understood why they love to go mid. The hill really messes with your hit rate and ranged heros are much better off on the side lanes. Lion is good. So is Rhasta, but ultimately, intel heros are no match late game for agi heros unless you are very skilled. But even then, all it takes is a BKB on a hero like PA to annahilate intel heros.

I think ranged is perfect in the mid....reason being is we can sit on the side of the river and pick off creeps before they cross. Even if they do come at you, they have to cross the river, then turn 90 degrees and follow me...by that time Clinkz is GONE!!

Fast as fast can be, they'll never catch meeeeeeee.

When i played hardcore, we always used a big tank and a range in the middle.

Hey, can you post that build with the MKB for clinkz? I mean items in order...so i know what to pick up first. The game has changed alot since 5.8. The stuff is moved around and new merchants.

Jan 17, 2007 at 5:35 PM Post #52 of 166
The new merchants isn't much of a change since it's mainly new items, but what has changed is stuff like,

1. damage towers deal
2. creep mechanics
3. alot of minor tweaks to heros, but nothing too different (ie: mine speed increase/decrease, attack range)

Again, like I said, my Clinkz isn't the best. My main problem with giving build orders is that every game is different. If you lane against a ****** player, you're options are much larger rather than laning against a pro player, forcing you to either buy regen or go back to the fountain alot. An ideal build for me is probably,

Starting gold:
Chicken 225g
Slippers of Agility 150g
Ring of Regeneration 375g
Clarity Potion 50g

In any order you prefer:
Boots of Speed 500g
Slippers of Agility 150g
Circlet of Nobility 185g
Circlet of Nobility 185g
Clarity Potion 50g (when needed)

Then:
Wraith Band 125g
Wraith Band 125g
Gloves of Haste 610g
Power Treads 420g

Ogre Axe 1000g
Belt of Giant Strength 450g
Sange 600g

Blade of Alacrity 1000g
Boots of Elvenskin 450g
Yasha 600g

When you save up enough for a Demon Edge, go to the secret shop and sell your Ring of Regeneration.
Demon Edge 2600g

On your chicken, or mine, or any of your teamates that shares control with you,
Quarter Staff 1150g
Monkey King Bar 1650g

When you have enough for a Broadsword, sell off a Wraith Band
Broadsword 1200g
Blades of Attack 650g
Crystalys 500g

Sange & Yasha 1000g
Eaglehorn 3400g
Quarterstaff 1150g
Butterfly 1400g
Demon Edge 2600g
Buriza-do Kyanon 1250g

If the game hasn't ended yet, sell off your last Wraith Band.
Decide whether you want an Eye of Skadi or a Satanic. During this time, you might want to trade your Power Treads for Boots of Travel as it's most likely end game pushing, so it's probably needed.

Jan 17, 2007 at 6:15 PM Post #53 of 166
Quote:

Oh man it's on now..I got a team of 5 too, we'll set something up. Just name a time.

Intel heroes get shafted in EM, but in non-EM (eg. TDA games) intel heroes are strong all the way through late game.

Jan 17, 2007 at 7:16 PM Post #54 of 166
TDA games are very... bland. Intel heros are still shafted late game, it's just the games might not last that long, lol. But pub TDA games has alot of unaggressive players who just want to farm all day. I can't stand it. They drag TDA games to 2 hours each with minimal action. =[

Jan 17, 2007 at 7:23 PM Post #55 of 166
My friends will be online tonight at 7:30 pm to go vs laxx and company. Are you ready?
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jan 17, 2007 at 7:25 PM Post #56 of 166
I haven't asked any of them, but I'll see who's on at the time.

Jan 17, 2007 at 7:52 PM Post #57 of 166
wish i could observe tonite, but you know - bday plans and all that! on the other hand my mojo alone would mess up the game even if i wasn't playing in it, hehe.

Jan 17, 2007 at 8:26 PM Post #58 of 166
There's observer mode if you want to watch.

Jan 17, 2007 at 10:27 PM Post #59 of 166
Quote:

There's observer mode if you want to watch.

Really? I might be interested, if I can't join in on your side.

Jan 17, 2007 at 10:47 PM Post #60 of 166
A few of them said they'll be on tonight and are ready to play. They always enjoy a challenge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back