Don't buy any FiiO product from SainStore on Amazon and how to distinguish a genuine FiiO E6 from a fake one
Sep 24, 2012 at 8:44 PM Post #242 of 283
Quote:
And then thats why we have people like FiiO that announce this and offer you same price alternatives that are authorized.

Yeah FiiO as a company has impressed me alot since i joined head fi a few days ago i cant wait to get one of their amps as soon as an LOD cable comes out for the ipod touch 5th generation

Sep 24, 2012 at 8:48 PM Post #243 of 283
Quote:
Yeah FiiO as a company has impressed me alot since i joined head fi a few days ago i cant wait to get one of their amps as soon as an LOD cable comes out for the ipod touch 5th generation

I have not paid attention to exactly what is happening with the new generation. No idea if it has Line out with analog audio capabilities still or something.

I am imaginging a black stealth but silver metal outer casing similar to the iPhone 4/4S/5's outer body but with the Lightning dock and then a nice cable with braided outside 

Sep 24, 2012 at 9:29 PM Post #244 of 283
Quote:
Hope you like your new setup, not exactly audio perfectionism but hey, its your own personal tastes :)

Hey man I'm getting there, did I tell you im Going dt 880 with the Hm601, it's not perfrect but I'm getting there! 

Sep 25, 2012 at 1:39 AM Post #245 of 283
Quote:
I have not paid attention to exactly what is happening with the new generation. No idea if it has Line out with analog audio capabilities still or something.

I am imaginging a black stealth but silver metal outer casing similar to the iPhone 4/4S/5's outer body but with the Lightning dock and then a nice cable with braided outside 

Im getting a white and silver one but its funny because ever since i joined this website i stopped being excited about my ipod and more about getting some good headphones and amp haha oh and nice videos on youtube by the way at least i think they're yours. Kinda what got me to want amps from FiiO

Sep 25, 2012 at 1:33 PM Post #246 of 283
Hey there.  I've been lurking around headfi for a while now, but just created an account to post about my E6.  

I bought it through Amazon from SMI Corporation early August.  I cracked open the case and the battery has the foam and looks identical to the one in the picture in the original post.  It appears that mine is legit.  I couldn't tell just by the outside indications so I had to pop it open.

Sep 25, 2012 at 5:20 PM Post #248 of 283
Quote:
Just buy it from headroom guys its only gonna cost u a few bucks more and u dont have to worry about getting a fake and they ship really fast ordered mine sunday its gonna be here Wed

I might just do that... I'm hearing that the E11 has some issues... although maybe I should look into a cMoy and be done with Fiio Troubles! 

Sep 27, 2012 at 12:34 AM Post #249 of 283
Quote:
I might just do that... I'm hearing that the E11 has some issues... although maybe I should look into a cMoy and be done with Fiio Troubles! 

WHat's the issue with Fiio E11 ?
I've been using it so far and didn't encounter any issue at all.

Sep 27, 2012 at 5:11 PM Post #250 of 283
Quote:
WHat's the issue with Fiio E11 ?
I've been using it so far and didn't encounter any issue at all.

FiiO E11 is a decent cheap amp with a few pretty bad flaws:
1) It cannot be used while it's charging - connected via USB
2) Grabs RF noise like it's paid for it
3) Relatively low power, so I wouldn't use it with e.g. Sennheiser HD 650, Hifiman HE-400 or Beyerdynamic DT 880-250
4) Relatively short battery life: ~10h
5) Bad clipping behavior with low impedance low sensitivity headphones

This is what I was told, and I took it for face value, and on that note I went with an $80 cMoy 2.03 Bass Boost 2x9V rechargeable. Which has more power and less issues, the only issues with the cMoy is that well I have to buy a 24VDC Cord for it along with an adapter [so it cost me about $100] -.- so that's not bad imo, my options where 140 e17 or 55 e11 and I hit the middle with the cMoy I got, now there are $60 cMoys and maybe some even cheaper...

Still I only went with the cMoy because the Dt 880's needed the power, I've been told that the E11 isnt enough to really push the 250 Ohm dt 880 due to it's low sensitivity!

PLUS with my T2 set up I wanted something unique and TOTALLY not main stream, so Hifiman, Dt 880 pro and cMoy... something that's a step away from my Fiio Sony fix

Nov 8, 2012 at 11:47 AM Post #251 of 283
I bought a Fiio d3 from Electronica Direct on amazon - it was sold as "open box".  I have found out maybe too late that Electronica Direct is not an authorized reseller but also not on the black list.  Are there fake d3's out there?  Is there a serial number on the box or unit?

Nov 12, 2012 at 9:43 AM Post #252 of 283
sorry for the late reply, there are not fake D3 has been reported yet, all out products is "open box " , but the new batch should come with anti-forgery label. it will be more easy to identify from next year because all the stocked unit at our agents should sold out.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Nov 17, 2012 at 12:32 PM Post #254 of 283
Hi there, just bought an FiiO e6 from Amazon Germany (first one bought in Europe, they say!) Received it a couple days ago and, according to the pics in the first post, it seems legit. Amazon's provider was Urban Tech.

Sounds great with my Sennheiser HD201. Best quality, for my taste, is without any equalization.

Nov 17, 2012 at 7:33 PM Post #255 of 283
I was speaking to [size=small]Ray Samuels today and asked him if there were any knockoffs of his products and he said there were and he was quite surprised when looking at one how close they were able to copy the RS version.  I think this was the Chinese market, where [/size][size=x-small]copyright laws are non-existent. [/size]

[size=x-small]- No Disc[/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back