Does anyone wear fullsize headphones out in public?
Sep 27, 2012 at 10:15 PM Post #31 of 103
Quote:
I used to go around with an M50 too until I got into other headphones. It'd be so cool because there are a couple of kids on campus who have M50s and when we walk by each other we would nod and it would just feel so good!
beyersmile.png

everyone at my university either has ibuds or beats.

Sep 28, 2012 at 12:57 AM Post #32 of 103
i notice that beats users generally give me a second glance when i have these on,

wonder what they are thinking :D

We're thinking "why is he wearing those? Doesn't he know that Beats headphones replace the lost sound from bad mp3s and every major studio uses them to record with" lol

Sep 28, 2012 at 3:25 AM Post #35 of 103
Quote:

Probably that you can't afford real Beats so you have to wear some weird looking headphones from China.  

I was once wearing an HD 238 at a supermarket.  Some kid comes by with a pair of entry level Souls (around his neck of course) and looks at me as if to say "peasant..."

well on the other hand i have thoughts about them that goes closely along the lines of "what an idiot"

Sep 28, 2012 at 3:44 AM Post #36 of 103
I personally use IEMs outside, headphones for home use, but I can't just let go of the feeling that wearing full sized headphones out in public is more of a gimmick. They're bad at isolation, leak noise unless closed types and draw attention.
Nothing wrong if you like attention. But if you look at yourself in a mirror, its like a contraption affixed to your head, makes your face look like twice the normal size.

Add to this the fact that majority of the headphone wearing crowd I've seen use horrendous colors. Red, blue, some even yellow and green, and worst of the worst, hot pink.

I feel the same about iPad users with their fancy cases, but thats another matter.

Sep 28, 2012 at 3:45 AM Post #37 of 103
Probably that you can't afford real Beats so you have to wear some weird looking headphones from China.  

I was once wearing an HD 238 at a supermarket.  Some kid comes by with a pair of entry level Souls (around his neck of course) and looks at me as if to say "peasant..."
This reminds me!!!

I was on my university bus and a guy was wearing Souls (not sure which kind but they were dark yellow I think). I sat next to him and he was texting on his phone. I can clearly see his texts from the corner of my eye. It was a conversation with his friend about headphones! So, naturally, I was definitely interested! The friend wanted to know if he should get beats and he was like no get souls because that way you are unique and cooler because you don't fit the crowd. Nowhere in the whole conversation did they talk about sound quality. Ugh :frowning2:

I wanted to say something so bad... :mad: but I just let it go. :rolleyes:

Sep 28, 2012 at 3:49 AM Post #38 of 103
I personally use IEMs outside, headphones for home use, but I can't just let go of the feeling that wearing full sized headphones out in public is more of a gimmick. They're bad at isolation, leak noise unless closed types and draw attention.
Nothing wrong if you like attention. But if you look at yourself in a mirror, its like a contraption affixed to your head, makes your face look like twice the normal size.

Add to this the fact that most of the headphone wearing crowd I've seen use horrendous colors. Red, blue, some even yellow and green.

I feel the same about iPad users, but thats another matter.
Man, I saw a guy with lime green beats. It looks like that cheap candy your grandma gives you >.>

I'm okay with iPad users. But, one time, I saw a person talking a picture of a flying jet with their iPad and she put on flash like it was going to do something. It was in the middle of the day too :|

Sep 28, 2012 at 3:53 AM Post #39 of 103
Quote:
This reminds me!!!
I was on my university bus and a guy was wearing Souls (not sure which kind but they were dark yellow I think). I sat next to him and he was texting on his phone. I can clearly see his texts from the corner of my eye. It was a conversation with his friend about headphones! So, naturally, I was definitely interested! The friend wanted to know if he should get beats and he was like no get souls because that way you are unique and cooler because you don't fit the crowd. Nowhere in the whole conversation did they talk about sound quality. Ugh
frown.gif

I wanted to say something so bad...
mad.gif
but I just let it go.
rolleyes.gif

Haha... I too saw this guy searching on his phone once,  "phone music volume too low".

I was like, Duh, you have a super big headphone strapped to your head, that probably has high impedance and low noise isolation. What do you expect??

And seriously, if I see another hot pink headphone, I swear I'm going to snap it in half. 
angry_face.gif

Sep 28, 2012 at 3:57 AM Post #40 of 103
Quote:
Haha... I too saw this guy searching on his phone once,  "phone music volume too low".

I was like, Duh, you have a super big headphone strapped to your head, that probably has high impedance and low noise isolation. What do you expect??

Haha, that made my day :D

Sep 28, 2012 at 5:29 AM Post #41 of 103
Those of you who have one, what's the Senn Momentum like for portable use? I'm just iching for a reason to buy one and not having a portable can seems like as good reason as any.

Sep 28, 2012 at 9:50 AM Post #42 of 103
Sep 28, 2012 at 2:35 PM Post #45 of 103
Quote:

Quote:

well on the other hand i have thoughts about them that goes closely along the lines of "what an idiot"

Yes, but the difference between their assessments and ours is that we are correct. 
wink.gif

Quote:
This reminds me!!!
I was on my university bus and a guy was wearing Souls (not sure which kind but they were dark yellow I think). I sat next to him and he was texting on his phone. I can clearly see his texts from the corner of my eye. It was a conversation with his friend about headphones! So, naturally, I was definitely interested! The friend wanted to know if he should get beats and he was like no get souls because that way you are unique and cooler because you don't fit the crowd. Nowhere in the whole conversation did they talk about sound quality. Ugh
frown.gif

I wanted to say something so bad...
mad.gif
but I just let it go.
rolleyes.gif

Good call, to let it go I mean.  Not because they'll never learn, or because you think they're hopeless, or because they won't value our advice...  but mainly because he's gonna be like "What are you doing reading my txts homey?!?!?!"  Next thing you know, you'll be known at that creeper guy that reads other peoples' txts. 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back