Does anyone wear fullsize headphones out in public?
Sep 27, 2012 at 1:50 AM Post #16 of 103
I used to wear my Porta Pros everywhere but I was paranoid about noise leakage. No one ever said anything, but I always got the feeling that people could hear me listening to my cheesy pop music.

I couldn't really imagine wearing my AD900s outside. I already find them hard to compete with the TV at home. Would probably annoy others a lot.

Sep 27, 2012 at 1:58 AM Post #17 of 103
i wore a k1000 inside a train few months ago, as a challenge lol
used a toucan pb1 balanced for more volume and an imod to produce sound haha

i sometimes wear an HE5LE as a portable as well when i still had it. not getting any wierd looks though, and it is anti theft because i look like an idiot xD

Sep 27, 2012 at 2:45 AM Post #18 of 103
Hellz YES.

Ive my M50 (upgraded), HD59 (actually not bad, but since they don't fold it wasn't all that portable), HF2 (open cans act like a megaphone for outside noise), K550 (Sounds GREAT, clamp was not there to keep it securely on my head), Momentum (current portable)

IEMs have their place, I used to rock a pair of Sony IEMs thru college.

Sep 27, 2012 at 4:06 AM Post #19 of 103
i do wear my HD558 out in public from time to time, but mostly only in places where electronics are commonly seen (like supermarkets and big malls, not so much in the street or in a hawker centers. i don't mind the noise coming in, at least i can still communicate with people and be aware of my surroundings, i do worry a cat's whiskers about these things looking too large on my head though o.o" but at least the syling of them is good 
biggrin.gif

i opted to get a sr60i as a portable but then realised that is like saying i want to buy a ferrari to go up that dirt mountain...

my iem makes too much noise when i tap or move the cable, and also sounds not nearly as good as my fullsized option so i ditched the iem alltogether 

Sep 27, 2012 at 4:11 AM Post #20 of 103
Heya,

Definitely the issue with IEMs for me, was that while walking, the thud of your body, stepping, breathing, etc, was too obvious unless the music was really complex and loud. Kind of defeated the point of being out and about.

That and I kind of have this thing about wearing big headphones in public. It's like a sign that says, "That's right, I'm wearing huge headphones. Ask me about them. Ask what I'm listening to. Ask to try them out. I dare you."

They're like war mantles for audiophiles in the battle for music.

Very best,

Sep 27, 2012 at 4:38 AM Post #21 of 103
I do, and with pride.  On top of that, I blast the mess out of mine, so people know not only do they look better than theirs, they sound better, too lol :p

No seriously I love playing my music loud.

Sep 27, 2012 at 4:41 AM Post #22 of 103
i notice that beats users generally give me a second glance when i have these on,
wonder what they are thinking 
biggrin.gif

Sep 27, 2012 at 8:09 AM Post #23 of 103
On occassion(if it's cold and I want earmuffs). My SE425's do a decent job with for portable use anyway, especially since I'm not properly listening to the music.

I've tried the D2K's out, and found they don't really clamp tightly enough to feel secure(and that cable...) so when I do wear over ears its either my T50RPs with a E11(the E5's won't power them decently with all the mods I've added) or the AT-A700X(enormous, but the lightest pair of full cans I own). Never worn the SRH840's out. Too heavy and look quite ugly on the head(imo).

Sep 27, 2012 at 8:23 AM Post #24 of 103
I used to use my Shure SRH440 out, and I used my soundmagic HP100 for a while, but now I use my SE535 as I prefer the isolation, and they are more convenient space wise when I go to college

Sep 27, 2012 at 8:47 AM Post #25 of 103
If your full size can offer enough isolation then I guess is ok. However I never wear my full size out in public because when I am outside I dont really care about the sound quality but more about the fun factor such as powerful bass which some iems can deliver.

Sep 27, 2012 at 6:10 PM Post #26 of 103
Quote:
i notice that beats users generally give me a second glance when i have these on,
wonder what they are thinking 
biggrin.gif

Probably that you can't afford real Beats so you have to wear some weird looking headphones from China.  

I was once wearing an HD 238 at a supermarket.  Some kid comes by with a pair of entry level Souls (around his neck of course) and looks at me as if to say "peasant..."

Sep 27, 2012 at 6:17 PM Post #27 of 103
The largest cans I ported around were my K550's. Man. Now I look back and wonder how I even did that.
The M50/Uptowns are probably the limit I'm comfortable carrying around outside.

Other than me, I think the largest I've seen in public were a pair of K141MkII. I stared at that guy for a good minute. lol.

Sep 27, 2012 at 8:34 PM Post #28 of 103
I dont have any problem wearing my Pro 750 in public. 
wink.gif

Saw a guy with the XB500. Funny. 

Sep 27, 2012 at 8:35 PM Post #29 of 103
The largest cans I ported around were my K550's. Man. Now I look back and wonder how I even did that.
The M50/Uptowns are probably the limit I'm comfortable carrying around outside.

Other than me, I think the largest I've seen in public were a pair of K141MkII. I stared at that guy for a good minute. lol.
I used to go around with an M50 too until I got into other headphones. It'd be so cool because there are a couple of kids on campus who have M50s and when we walk by each other we would nod and it would just feel so good! :beyersmile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back