DIY your own Theme for your lovely X3
Nov 27, 2014 at 11:37 PM Post #361 of 678
As explained before, it is not working for me (I just retried: opened original orange logo.bmp from FW 3.24b, draw a few kids-level lines rapidly, save, repack, flash => X3 has a black screen at boot).
Which version of Paint do you have? I have v6.1 on Win7.
And are you really talking about the file logo.bmp? (we do not have problems with the other image files, it is only this one).

And as far as I tried, ImageMagick is not working either: it is either writing 24 bits/pixel (like Paint), or if I put some options to have the alpha byte (i.e. 32 bits), it puts a color table and compression = 3 that seems to messed up everything for the X3 (maybe it will work in X5, don't know).

Sorry it's not working for you.

Yup, I've successfully modded the logo.bmp file in MS Paint on my Win7 work laptop. I just opened the existing logo.bmp file, modded it, and saved it. I haven't done it with X3 firmware recently but just did it with the latest few X5 fw (stable and beta) with no issues. I have done it successfully with X3 fw in the past, though. I've also used Pixelmator on my Mac with no issues.

Nov 28, 2014 at 3:40 PM Post #363 of 678
For themes based on 3.24 is it not possible to go back to old style battery icon?

From what I've seen probably not. The old firmware uses different pngs for each bar level, whereas the new firmware only uses the 1 png. If you tried to go back to the old style you'd probably just get a static icon with no way to tell how much charge. Actually now that I think of it the numbers might still show up depending on the colours used.

Nov 28, 2014 at 7:20 PM Post #364 of 678
  From what I've seen probably not. The old firmware uses different pngs for each bar level, whereas the new firmware only uses the 1 png. If you tried to go back to the old style you'd probably just get a static icon with no way to tell how much charge. Actually now that I think of it the numbers might still show up depending on the colours used.

Thanks.
That sucks as I cant make out the reading now ha ha

Dec 17, 2014 at 12:41 PM Post #365 of 678
  Version 3, now the whole visual system has been modified, with new icon for:
- Top bar
- Sys settings
- Play settings
- Usb
- Genre & Play list

http://www.mediafire.com/download/irnpxxl2idd8lg3/MaterialX3_FW3.24_V3.rar

Wow Sergio!!

Absolutely amazing theme, I shall be flashing it right away. Thank you so much!! 
biggrin.gif

Dec 18, 2014 at 3:40 PM Post #367 of 678
Dec 18, 2014 at 9:30 PM Post #368 of 678
Dec 18, 2014 at 11:31 PM Post #370 of 678
for do this theme i did dozens of testing with mi X3 (the one of my avatar), to adapt this theme to a X5 i will need it, but i don't have it. 

Oh, I see what you did there. Trying to get us to send you an X5, eh :wink_face:

In all seriousness, you put together one great mod and would give the X5 mmodders modders a run for their money!

Dec 24, 2014 at 4:33 AM Post #372 of 678
Firmware 3.3 is out (cf Fiio X3 thread) :

The following changes and improvements were made to firmware  3.30 compared to FW3.0:

10 new features:
1. Added support for M3U playlists.
2. Added support for ExFAT formatted micro SD cards.
3. Added 5-band equalizer and support for equalizer presets (via  changing provided presets).
4. Added support for folder-based album art (e.g. "cover.jpg" for all  songs in a folder).
5. Added playback support for multichannel recordings.
6. Added feature to display ID3-based song title rather than  filename in Now Playing screen.
7. Added Sleep timer, with on/off toggle switch and timer setting.
8. Added support for UTF-8 (no BOM) and Unicode LRC lyrics  files.
9. Media library will now auto-update upon insertion and removal of  TF (microSD) cards when media library update is set to Auto.
10. Added option to display "all songs" by an artist as well as  selecting individual albums by an artist.

Several optimizations:
1. Optimized playback of raw AAC files (.aac files)
2. Fixed issue where hidden files would be generated in the X3  after connection to Mac and other Unix-based computers and  affect file browsing afterwards.
3. Optimized song ordering in albums.
4. Optimized randomization of songs in shuffle mode.
5. Fixed issue where m4a and FLAC tracks may skip unexpectedly  when played from an NTFS formatted card;
6. Various other bug fixes.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rmxoypm708foi9g/X3FW3.3.zip?dl=0

Can't wait to see some custom theme for this one :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back