DIY your own Theme for your lovely X3
Nov 24, 2014 at 7:57 PM Post #333 of 678
Good thing FiiO allows 5 themes, there are a few themes here I want to readily have on the X3 depending on my mood :)

Nov 24, 2014 at 8:04 PM Post #334 of 678
Nov 24, 2014 at 8:23 PM Post #336 of 678
  Do you have some picture about X5 themes ?

I think you might have read my post wrong, or I could have misunderstood you.

I don't know about FiiO X5 themes, but I said that the FiiO X3 supports 5 themes to be loaded into the presets.

Nov 24, 2014 at 8:35 PM Post #337 of 678
Nov 24, 2014 at 8:50 PM Post #338 of 678
  Damn that looks good. One question though....Are those screens actual screenshots, or just a mock up? I'm only asking because it looks like your battery font size is alot bigger than I've been able to make mine.

Only the battery is diferent from my screenshots, the rest is exactly the same, battery is the actual of FW 3.24b, with numbers inside the icon

--- I fix the screenshots, now are exactly how is my Mod ---

Nov 24, 2014 at 8:58 PM Post #339 of 678

I think you might have read my post wrong, or I could have misunderstood you.

I don't know about FiiO X5 themes, but I said that the FiiO X3 supports 5 themes to be loaded into the presets.

OK, now i understand you, the FiiO X3 mod has the other 4 themes, but how i chage "coordinate" others themes doesn't look good, All icons are mounted over others 

When i have 5 themes, i will put it all together in one mod

Nov 24, 2014 at 9:54 PM Post #340 of 678
  Only the battery is diferent from my screenshots, the rest is exactly the same, battery is the actual of FW 3.24b, with numbers inside the icon

--- I fix the screenshots, now are exactly how is my Mod ---

I did get my theme to have the numbers outside of the icon, but they really are too small. Here's hoping Fiio will make 'em bigger (14pt. same size as volume). Your theme does look good tho.
beerchug.gif

Nov 25, 2014 at 5:45 AM Post #342 of 678
Thanks for the feedback, everyone!

I've made a quick revision to the Terminal Green theme, thereafter known as Revision 2.

What's new:
-Boot animation now has correct firmware version displayed
-Made some new icons
-Modified shut down animation
-Tried messing around with the logo displayed immediately after powering on with GIMP. Exported without color space information among other things. Doesn't seem to change anything. :frowning2:

Still based on 3.24 Beta:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xnau5v6f52trt4l/x3.fw?dl=0

Hotfix! I had not noticed a resolution change in the Categories menu icons. It is now fixed. This is Revision 2, Hotfix 1:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8tlwbp127pj7ad1/x3.fw?dl=0

Currently, I have no idea what art direction should be used for the icons. I'm thinking more like pixel art, or just replacing most of the graphics with text. I'll most definitely make this theme look more like a dumb terminal, though. Any creative input on this would be appreciated!

Known issues:
-The logo displayed before the boot animation is still messed up.
-Color inconsistencies everywhere
-Battery indicators are still messy

To do:
-Fix color inconsistencies (Been mucking around the code for a bit, found nothing.)
-Completely replace all the icons
-Figure out why .bmp files are so finicky and fix the boot logo

As always, comments, feedback and so on are appreciated! And, if anyone wants to take this theme and make it better, go ahead!

Nov 25, 2014 at 2:55 PM Post #343 of 678
Originally Posted by Apeirogonova /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks for the feedback, everyone!

I've made a quick revision to the Terminal Green theme, thereafter known as Revision 2.
Still based on 3.24 Beta:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xnau5v6f52trt4l/x3.fw?dl=0

Currently, I have no idea what art direction should be used for the icons. I'm thinking more like pixel art, or just replacing most of the graphics with text. I'll most definitely make this theme look more like a dumb terminal, though. Any creative input on this would be appreciated!

1/ I notably like the small update in the "Browse By files" icon… #BashIsMyLife :)

2/ I just noticed that the layout into the Categories is messed up, the middle and bottom items are not of the correct size and are overlapping.

3/ icons : I vote for pixel art! I prefer (simple) pictures over text, and also text will not be possible to localize… (Disclaimer : I am French).

Nov 25, 2014 at 4:33 PM Post #344 of 678
Hello all.

I've just implemented Sergio's theme and I like it a great deal (brilliant Sergio!)

Just one problem........I put the X3 on charge but no battery charging icon? The screen went white but no battery indicator.

Anyone else had this problem?

Regards

Isobarik.

Nov 25, 2014 at 4:46 PM Post #345 of 678

Users who are viewing this thread

Back