DIY your own Theme for your lovely X3
Dec 27, 2014 at 10:15 PM Post #391 of 678

Good stuff, making a new theme :)

If you haven't fixed your issue with including slower graphics, just make multiple images the same. I.E, if you had 12 boot .pngs, make 1,2,3 the same image.

I see there are 24 images in the factory firmware .. I will give that a try to see if it slows it down.

I am not very good with the graphics programs .. but in time it will probably get better.

Thanks

Dec 27, 2014 at 10:50 PM Post #392 of 678
Good stuff, making a new theme :)

If you haven't fixed your issue with including slower graphics, just make multiple images the same. I.E, if you had 12 boot .pngs, make 1,2,3 the same image.

If it's anything like the X5, which I think it is, you only need the first two boot and shutdown .png files (0 & 1). I usually use a plain black image for the "0" boot .png and add white Fiio text for the "1" .png. I use black + white Goodbye text for the "0" shutdown .png and plain black for "1" shutdown .png. Works just fine, saves space, saves my time, and feels like it speeds up the boot process - although that might just be my perception.

Dec 29, 2014 at 9:17 PM Post #395 of 678
Nice theme, best I´ve seen since that flat orange one for v2.2.

I like the new intro screen too, much better than the previous one. You should consider doing some more, maybe just colour variations - or perhaps a list based main menu? A list based main menu would be sweet... Anyways, thank you and have a good new year! 

Jan 5, 2015 at 3:13 AM Post #398 of 678
Thanks @undersys

Yes, there are other color variations that I want to do that will ultimately replace all the other stock themes.
But that will have to wait till next month because of some other higher priority stuff thats coming up.
And yes, I also want to make a list-based theme based on the same colors.

Jan 7, 2015 at 3:22 PM Post #402 of 678
Here you go my good man: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ftuovb002ov1soj/X3_Minimal_Theme_FW3.3_v1.0.zip?dl=0

Sorry for slacking on my themes, my x1 knock-off is done, but I want to get some more variations, and my list theme pretty much needs to be rebuilt from scratch because of the changes in the newer firmwares.

Jan 7, 2015 at 8:29 PM Post #403 of 678
Jan 7, 2015 at 9:04 PM Post #404 of 678
My pleasure. Kinda surprised you were having trouble d/ling it. Worked the first click for me
blink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back