DIY Cable Gallery!!
Apr 27, 2010 at 11:05 AM Post #5,641 of 16,312
I also recommend John's Silver Teflon Wire Shop.

Apr 27, 2010 at 12:46 PM Post #5,642 of 16,312
Quote:

Originally Posted by jageur272 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey, anybody know of a source for 26awg or 28awg stranded wire with clear insulation for a reasonable price? Preferably copper (seeing as it's cheaper).

I don't think Navships (John's Teflon Shop) has anything with a clear insulation.

The best option I have found is stripping wire out of Mogami W2893 (26awg). Only one of the 4 conductors is clear, though, so you are looking at $0.66 a foot (Redco.com). Not sure of other stranded coppers with clear insulations outside of the expensive ones like Nucleotide and TwCu.

Apr 27, 2010 at 1:28 PM Post #5,643 of 16,312
Quote:

Originally Posted by dfkt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've paired the S9 with an amp as well. I've used two strips of double-stick tape, just above and below the highest part of the S9's "back hump". That works well, the contraption doesn't wiggle or move.

I give that a try, thanks. atm it's housed in a leather case with my current amp and heavy ic.

Quote:

Originally Posted by WalkGood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No problem, that’s why we’re here to help each other out. At the bottom I’ll post a picture that Adub from anythingbutipod made in clear to give you a better idea.

That pic is just what I'm looking for, thanks.

Quote:

*** Edit: One very important point, if you take measurements and solder while the DAP & AMP are paired, you can cause damage to the DAP or amp, please do not do this ... posibbly less than one second heat applications are ok, but don't blame me if you damage something ***

That's what I was planning to do, but I won't now obviously. I'll have to put together a wooden jig instead.

Quote:

Edit: IIRC Captain Ødegård did a video on his website on "how to make" and an article in the news section of abi ...

Had to google his name to find his site. Now that's a creative guy. No video I could find, but I found his wooden IC. Very cool.

Apr 27, 2010 at 4:24 PM Post #5,644 of 16,312
As much as I love John's wire for interconnects and occasionally as hookup wire, but sometimes the teflon insulation is just a bit too stiff for me. I'll probably grab some W2534. If I remember, I think it has 2 wires with the translucent insulation.

Speaking of using his wire, here's a quick cable I put together for an SFI fosterphone (click for terribly unfocused gigantic pictures):

Uses a Neutrik NP3C and an extra NYS231 barrel to cover to Y-Split

Apr 27, 2010 at 11:40 PM Post #5,645 of 16,312
Does anyone know how to wire a TRRS connector? I'm having problems using what looks like a stereo PC Mic (the connector is TRS) with a Stereo Neutrik Female adapter that outputs to a Mono Jack. I'm only getting audio on 1 channel when used with the PC, but on the Astro MixAmp... I get the audio on both sides. Not sure how to fix this. Any ideas? Here is a quick pick of the current wiring setup.
ad700wiring.jpg

The TRRS plug symbolizes the TRRS jack that is really there, I just couldn't find a corresponding picture.

Apr 28, 2010 at 1:18 AM Post #5,646 of 16,312
Quote:

Originally Posted by FraGGleR /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't think Navships (John's Teflon Shop) has anything with a clear insulation. ...

I've purchase clear insulated cable from him before. If you don't see it on one of his pages, email him and he responds fairly quick. If he doesn't have it anymore he'll let you know or if he can get it ...

Apr 28, 2010 at 2:35 AM Post #5,647 of 16,312
Quote:

Originally Posted by WalkGood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've purchase clear insulated cable from him before. If you don't see it on one of his pages, email him and he responds fairly quick. If he doesn't have it anymore he'll let you know or if he can get it ...

I'm actually mainly interested in a copper wire as opposed to silver plated (purely for aesthetics in this case). I'll shoot him an email, but I'm still looking for (ideally):
24AWG or smaller stranded copper wire in clear insulation for a reasonable price (I don't really need cryo treatment or for the wires to be dipped into the tears of children, or any of those luxuries)

Apr 28, 2010 at 3:09 AM Post #5,648 of 16,312
Quote:

I'm actually mainly interested in a copper wire as opposed to silver plated (purely for aesthetics in this case). I'll shoot him an email, but I'm still looking for (ideally):
24AWG or smaller stranded copper wire in clear insulation for a reasonable price (I don't really need cryo treatment or for the wires to be dipped into the tears of children, or any of those luxuries)

I'd definitely consider Mogami W2534 then. 24AWG and 2 wires are clear, 2 are blue.

Apr 28, 2010 at 8:14 AM Post #5,650 of 16,312
i made two passive preamp for the cables.the module are cable category so i post here.
i named it cat walk.the module like a pretty cat walk on the cable
jecklinsmile.gif
i add simple lpf & hpf on it for handy use.

two module,

s_img_2095.jpg

working,

s_dsc00011.jpg

bottom view,i use smt parts.

s_img_2094.jpg

zang

Apr 28, 2010 at 9:03 AM Post #5,652 of 16,312
Quote:

Get Mogami 2434. It features two blue and two clear wires (both 24g). It's also cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back