Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Thread!
Apr 15, 2014 at 3:36 PM Post #3,619 of 5,248
  I really like Reaching Out by Nero. Crush on you is good as well. Nero is just good in general. I saw them live in Detroit 2 years ago with Excision, it was awesome.

saw them live at global gathering (festival) two years ago - what a show... lights and costumes and pyrotechnics and what not, they were great!

Apr 16, 2014 at 11:14 PM Post #3,622 of 5,248
  saw them live at global gathering (festival) two years ago - what a show... lights and costumes and pyrotechnics and what not, they were great!

same link is leading to a used one for $294 ish now

Apr 23, 2014 at 8:57 PM Post #3,623 of 5,248
  It's crazy how you can forget what a headphone sounds like after not listening to it for a while. I'm really enjoying some dubstep on my D2k right now. I had a pretty long break from these headphones after getting my 600 ohm DT770, and forgot how well they played this genre. Oh bass..

Yes sir, my favorite genre for my D2000 has to be Dubstep! It's just blissful the way it wobbles.

Anyone know if the Fostex 600 handles dubstep as well as the D2000? I'd really like to know how the two compare simply for dubstep.

Btw, check out Black Lewis "your touch" on D2000. Ugh, that's the bass freq the D2000 loves!

Apr 24, 2014 at 8:19 AM Post #3,624 of 5,248

Yes sir, my favorite genre for my D2000 has to be Dubstep! It's just blissful the way it wobbles.

Anyone know if the Fostex 600 handles dubstep as well as the D2000? I'd really like to know how the two compare simply for dubstep.

Btw, check out Black Lewis "your touch" on D2000. Ugh, that's the bass freq the D2000 loves!

I was in the TH600 thread a little while back and someone said the TH600 is a little faster sounding with a little brighter treble than the D2000. 

Oh, and I'll check that song out for sure. I actually mailed my D2K out to California for someone to demo. They're sending me their M100 and Momentum to try out. Don't worry though, it's just a demo. I have a business venture in mind that has to do with the D2K, so I'll need it around for testing >:)

Apr 30, 2014 at 5:31 PM Post #3,627 of 5,248
  I was in the TH600 thread a little while back and someone said the TH600 is a little faster sounding with a little brighter treble than the D2000. 

Oh, and I'll check that song out for sure. I actually mailed my D2K out to California for someone to demo. They're sending me their M100 and Momentum to try out. Don't worry though, it's just a demo. I have a business venture in mind that has to do with the D2K, so I'll need it around for testing >:)

I'd friggin hope so! At the price of the TH600 it's better be a little faster lol

but my modded D2k sounds very wonderful. I like it much more than I did the HE 400 it replaced 

Apr 30, 2014 at 6:56 PM Post #3,628 of 5,248
  I'd friggin hope so! At the price of the TH600 it's better be a little faster lol

but my modded D2k sounds very wonderful. I like it much more than I did the HE 400 it replaced 

Ya know, D2000 has done weird things to my mind. I have legit put it up on the classified a bunch of times now, only to back out and pull it back off. My intention was to "upgrade" and use some of the money from the D2000 sale to fund a TH-600. 

But, of course, I just love the D2000 sound. Like you found, mods can make a big difference and once I got the alpha pads and wore them in a bit, I am a very satisfied customer. 

If you go to the Fostex 600 homepage, on top of page 145, a guy by the name of "3X0" actually seems to prefer the D2000 over the newer Fostex. I think this is telling to what a great headphone Denon made. He likes it for the fullness of sound it creates, which I'm sure you understand what he means.

In any case, I still have the urge to try the Fostex, but I do not think I can do it at the expense of this D2000. I love it too much. I'm probably just going to save up so I can buy both.

TL;DR D2000 doesn't want to leave me, just yet! 

Apr 30, 2014 at 11:11 PM Post #3,629 of 5,248

Ya know, D2000 has done weird things to my mind. I have legit put it up on the classified a bunch of times now, only to back out and pull it back off. My intention was to "upgrade" and use some of the money from the D2000 sale to fund a TH-600. 

But, of course, I just love the D2000 sound. Like you found, mods can make a big difference and once I got the alpha pads and wore them in a bit, I am a very satisfied customer. 

If you go to the Fostex 600 homepage, on top of page 145, a guy by the name of "3X0" actually seems to prefer the D2000 over the newer Fostex. I think this is telling to what a great headphone Denon made. He likes it for the fullness of sound it creates, which I'm sure you understand what he means.

In any case, I still have the urge to try the Fostex, but I do not think I can do it at the expense of this D2000. I love it too much. I'm probably just going to save up so I can buy both.

TL;DR D2000 doesn't want to leave me, just yet! 

Good post................the sound of a D2000 modded is so close to a TH600 it's remarkable.  Some hear a big delta between the two but I didn't and especially for the price premium. 

The D2K is a heck of a headphone. 

May 5, 2014 at 6:05 PM Post #3,630 of 5,248

Good post................the sound of a D2000 modded is so close to a TH600 it's remarkable.  Some hear a big delta between the two but I didn't and especially for the price premium. 

The D2K is a heck of a headphone. 

Yeap, modded it's a thing of Beuaty ALSO!!!!!!!!

I found that I really like the D2k for Metal out of my NF10ES2 :D, I find the HM801 is too slow as a Dac unit for Metal when used with the D2k, but the speed of the NFB10ES2 is great for metal with the D2k! I was suprised honestly

On the positive though, the sluggish HM801 pairs nice with the almost sterile sound of my W1000x [which is still out being modded] Non the less, I'm finding the D2k to really be a very nice everything headpone

I'm still anxious to get my W1000x and HE 4 back

Users who are viewing this thread

Back